G-priv Battery door issue

Speedy_11

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So today i charged by bats externally as per usual left the batter door off the mod wiped it clean(any juice spill mayb lol) then when my bats were done the bottom half of the door does not wana make contact with the magnets.I have not changed any thing but it seems the polarity of the magnet changed some how,is there any way to change it back, i do not wana take out the magnets to swop it around.Please advise if there is a fix #reallysadvaperrightnow

A permanent magnet can be reversed by putting it in a magnetic field of the opposite polarity that’s higher than its coercivity, plus a bit extra to neutralize the field it already has. How much higher depends on the strength and coercivity of the magnet.

you think i can use a sub woofer magnet to reverse it ?

can you post a picture or two so I can check it out, and are you sure you don't have the door upside down perhaps? I can't imagine the magnet would suddenly change polarity.

by the way my battery door does the same this on another gpriv and that door fix correct,just something went wrong with the magnet at the bottom end of my battery door :(

Do you have any magnets laying around? Lets troubleshoot. Its a weird issue; so finding root cause will be the best approach, what when where? What did you do different?

i done nothing different,took the batteries out ,left the door open charged the batteries and the door was next to the mod on my desk ,that is why im confused ,im trying to find out what causes magnets to change polarity but cant find a vape answer online (google) thought mayb someone else ran into the same issue?

@SAVaper im loosing my mind ,would it be dangerous to vape it half open for now with the cover on lol

I agree. Use without the door for now.

If the magnet fell out and got replaced back-to-front, I would expect something like this.

@Speedy_11 you cant give up that easily. The mag on the door do they attract or repel on a piece of steel? Do this on both sides. Advise what is your findings?

@Speedy_11 you cant give up that easily. The mag on the door do they attract or repel on a piece of steel? Do this on both sides. Advise what is your findings?
@Vape Hacker 808 I did not give up ,on a normal piece of metal it attracts as per normal on both sides and that's the even more of a mind boggle coz it only repels with my battery door r on two griv devices

Good solid engineering advice: Duct tape!

On a serious note, this is freaky! You probably checked but are one of the bats not bloated\swolen or something? Maybe not seated properly?

Good solid engineering advice: Duct tape!

On a serious note, this is freaky! You probably checked but are one of the bats not bloated\swolen or something? Maybe not seated properly?
indeed i have checked ...im totally lost at this stage happens with or without bats on two devices ,i wont use duck tape :) i currently have better battery venting lol

Back