Geekvape Ammit 25 leaking from base

Byakko

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys and girls
Got a black Ammit single coil from Vape King about 2 months ago,and no issues at all, awesome RTA.All of a sudden it started leaking from the base,seems to be from the gap between the airflow control ring and the base itself.Anyone else have this issue!Any fixes?

Sent from my PRA-LX2 using Tapatalk

hi, RTA life

my Ammit leaks also, nice tank though, many threads on here about some fixes, how to wick etc

Tried most of the fixes but eventually turned out to be a combination of a few factors.Bottom o ring was torn,the 510 pin wasn't screwed in properly and my wicking was somehow off,even though I wicked exactly the same as when the tank wasn't leaking.Ammit must mean 'pain in the ass' in some foreign language.Totally worth it though.Thanks for the help

Hi All

Yes the ammit leaks i have 4 off them and all 4 are doing the same the best advice is when you refill the tank keep it up side down and close all the air flow holes, refill it and afterwords upside down again and open them. it helps but there is still some juice that drips out after a while.
Great RTA thow incredible flavor

Thanks mate,tried it and helped. I've gotten rid of most of the leaking now :D glad I wasn't the only one with this problem
Hi All

Yes the ammit leaks i have 4 off them and all 4 are doing the same the best advice is when you refill the tank keep it up side down and close all the air flow holes, refill it and afterwords upside down again and open them. it helps but there is still some juice that drips out after a while.
Great RTA thow incredible flavor

Hi,

A new base can fix your tank as I have dealed with same issue for some guys and got a good feedback for that .
Your base leaks as the base was damaged when you burn the wire and cotton

Hi,

A new base can fix your tank as I have dealed with same issue for some guys and got a good feedback for that .

thanks but tank is meant for burning wire and cotton in order to vape ?

sorry love the tank but just trying to understand why this happens

Went on the webb and a lot of people have the same problem there is even you tube videos on the subject of how to stop the ammet from leaking so now its not from the coil burning or anything

@Byakko I hope you don't mind but I have moved this thread to Geekvape's subforum.

@geekvape please remember that you're not allowed to discuss your products in the general forums. However I (and I think the others following this thread) would like to hear more on what you meant about burning wire and cotton damaging the base of the tank. With the thread now moved into your sub-forum you are free to respond here.

It seems you have a factory fault the way you describe.

I have an Ammit 25mm single coil and it is the best RTA imo. I still prefer it over my Zeus dual, EHPRO Bachelor X and Dead Rabbit RDA.

Unfortunately it does leak seep after a while from the airflow, but not much. It just gets wet. I work around this with thorough washing and cleaning of the entire tank and every time I rewick, I blow hard through the airflow holes to get any juice not visible out of the build deck. But, your description sounds a little different. Best tou get a new build deck from Geekvape and see if it solves the problem.

The flavour is so good I can live with the wetness from the airflow holes after a while, nothing a cloth can't wipe clean!

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Not at all, I'm curious to see what they mean.If there is a way to prevent this kind of problem, I'd love to hear about it.Might even make it worth buying another build deck.Not much point in buying a new one if I'm just going to destroy it again.
@Byakko I hope you don't mind but I have moved this thread to Geekvape's subforum.

@geekvape please remember that you're not allowed to discuss your products in the general forums. However I (and I think the others following this thread) would like to hear more on what you meant about burning wire and cotton damaging the base of the tank. With the thread now moved into your sub-forum you are free to respond here.

Hi Dear ,

I just saw your problem and would like to help you .

And we won't deny that sometimes there are defective product but in warranty time ,Geekvape supprot will provide help for that .
If not ,our offical store also provides all kinds of replacment accessories to help your guys .

Hope you can understand.

How long does the warranty last on the Ammit 25?I don't have the box with me to check...

Hi,

Dear @geekvape

I am not clear on how the base is damaged, can you perhaps explain in a little more detail what you mean please ?

regards

Sure ,high temperature make the insulator which attached the center pin damaged ,which influence the airtightness ,so it leaks from the hole gap.

Sure ,high temperature make the insulator which attached the center pin damaged ,which influence the airtightness ,so it leaks from the hole gap.

thanks, so it was the material used for the insulator which was no good ?

thanks, so it was the material used for the insulator which was no good ?
Doesn't it have a Peek insulator? Most RTA's and RDAs use this material and while it is quite durable, if you had to remove the wick, and keep pushing like 80w+ on the coil, you'll notice the insulator showing sign of degrading (changes color).

Most of the times when I experienced a leaky base from an RTA, it was usually due to the manufacturing process. Some company's press fit the deck and that causes issues if it isn't done properly (Like the Kylin RTA).

No yet ,we already used high quality material to product the products,but sometimes it will be damaged .

Back