Headaches after about 1 month of Vaping

Wrathserver

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I have been vaping for close to 2 months now. Exactly a week ago, I received a new Griffin RTA with the RX200. Before then I was using the Toptank Mini. I started vaping at 3mg Nic and that hasn't changed. I love Milk Lab's Hakaberry and have tried to save on some costs, so I ordered the 6mg Nic and diluted it with B.P Grade VG. Half-Half so that the juice is at 3mg Nic.

Since I started vaping on the tank, I am noticing a constant headache. I go trough about 12 ml of Juice per day.

I am not sure if the Griffin is more effective than the Toptank w.r.t Nicotine delivery. I have ordered some DIY supplies to try out, arriving on Friday. So I guess I will try some 0mg Nic mixes and see where that takes me.

If the headaches continue, Ill be sure to go to the doctor. But in the mean time are there any thoughts? I have checked out some of the other forums online but they mostly indicate a Nic Overdose, which is strange since I haven't changed the amount of juice or nic content since I started about 2 months ago.

I have been vaping for close to 2 months now. Exactly a week ago, I received a new Griffin RTA with the RX200. Before then I was using the Toptank Mini. I started vaping at 3mg Nic and that hasn't changed. I love Milk Lab's Hakaberry and have tried to save on some costs, so I ordered the 6mg Nic and diluted it with B.P Grade VG. Half-Half so that the juice is at 3mg Nic.

Since I started vaping on the tank, I am noticing a constant headache. I go trough about 12 ml of Juice per day.

I am not sure if the Griffin is more effective than the Toptank w.r.t Nicotine delivery. I have ordered some DIY supplies to try out, arriving on Friday. So I guess I will try some 0mg Nic mixes and see where that takes me.

If the headaches continue, Ill be sure to go to the doctor. But in the mean time are there any thoughts? I have checked out some of the other forums online but they mostly indicate a Nic Overdose, which is strange since I haven't changed the amount of juice or nic content since I started about 2 months ago.
I wouldn't say it's a nic overdose. That would disappear after a few minutes. I can't say I have heard of this before. Drink loads of water, as vaping sucks it out of you. but apart from that, I can't see where it would be vape-related.

I paid some attention to that over the weekend and still haven't felt a change. The strange thing is the headaches will start a few moments after I vaped. I do drink a lot of coffee. So I am trying to cut down from today. I Heard that this could also be an issue.

Last edited:
Random question: did you clean out your tank before using it? Are you making your own coils or pre made ones? What cotton are you using? Do the symptoms persist with a different juice or have you tried vaping 0 nic? You may also have a reaction to pg or vg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say it's a nic overdose. That would disappear after a few minutes. I can't say I have heard of this before. Drink loads of water, as vaping sucks it out of you. but apart from that, I can't see where it would be vape-related.

Thanks, Ill try drinking even more for the next few days. I'm sure it will be sorted out soon. Just thought is strange that it started after I got the Griffin. No issues with the tank btw, I'm loving it.

Last edited:
Doctor won't do jack for you.

I get exactly what you have described but only when my posture is poor.

It is just your body saying "okay that's good I've had enough now".

Mine comes and goes as I am sure yours will. PS when you first get a Griffin the temptation to use it like a steam engine doesn't help.

Random question: did you clean out your tank before using it? Are you making your own coils or pre made ones? What cotton are you using? Do the symptoms persist with a different juice or have you tried vaping 0 nic? You may also have a reaction to pg or vg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you clean out your tank before using it?

I did not clean it out before use. Do you think that this can still be a problem after a week?

Are you making your own coils or pre made ones?

I am making my own coils, I changed between SS and Kanthal to see if it was the Wire causing an allergy. No Luck. Also changed between Cotton Bacon V2 and Regular Japanese Cotton. No Luck.
Do the symptoms persist with a different juice or have you tried vaping 0 nic?

I will get my DIY supplies on friday then I can give it a go. Maybe i should just go for pure VG tomorrow and see if it goes away? I don't mind the taste.
The Hakaberry is 70VG and 30 PG and has been diluted with VG already, so I don't think it can be PG?

Doctor won't do jack for you.

I get exactly what you have described but only when my posture is poor.

It is just your body saying "okay that's good I've had enough now".

Mine comes and goes as I am sure yours will. PS when you first get a Griffin the temptation to use it like a steam engine doesn't help.

Haha I have been using it as a steam engine, I won't lie. But I was just as juice heavy on the Toptank.

Sorry to hear about this.

If I were you, I would have reverted back to the Toptank for a few days to see if the headaches persist. If not, then you can be sure it is the Griffin and investigate further as to causes.

I paid some attention to that over the weekend and still haven't felt a change. The strange thing is the headaches will start a few moments after I vaped. I do drink a lot of coffee. So I am trying to cut down from today. I Heard that this could also be an issued

Headaches are also the first sign of dehydration and coffee also dehydrates so try drinking more water. Headaches from dehydration will normally go away in about 30 min. after drinking water. If you are used to drinking a lot of coffee, drinking less coffee will also cause headaches so keep that in mind.

Did you clean out your tank before using it?

I did not clean it out before use. Do you think that this can still be a problem after a week?

Are you making your own coils or pre made ones?

I am making my own coils, I changed between SS and Kanthal to see if it was the Wire causing an allergy. No Luck. Also changed between Cotton Bacon V2 and Regular Japanese Cotton. No Luck.
Do the symptoms persist with a different juice or have you tried vaping 0 nic?

I will get my DIY supplies on friday then I can give it a go. Maybe i should just go for pure VG tomorrow and see if it goes away? I don't mind the taste.
The Hakaberry is 70VG and 30 PG and has been diluted with VG already, so I don't think it can be PG?

It's a good habit to clean out a new atomizer or tank. Sometimes there is machine oil residue on the products and a good clean won't hurt.
Try a couple different juices in a couple different nic and pg/vg concentrations to find your sweet spot.
Also. Hydrate. Can't emphasize how important this is,especially if you're drinking coffee as well as vaping at the same time.
maybe vape a little less? serious suggestion.

Sorry to hear about this.

If I were you, I would have reverted back to the Toptank for a few days to see if the headaches persist. If not, then you can be sure it is the Griffin and investigate further as to causes.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go tomorrow. currently at the office.

Headaches are also the first sign of dehydration and coffee also dehydrates so try drinking more water. Headaches from dehydration will normally go away in about 30 min. after drinking water. If you are used to drinking a lot of coffee, drinking less coffee will also cause headaches so keep that in mind.
Yeah, no coffee for the rest of the day.

I had some early this morning. Just couldn't resist.:)

It's a good habit to clean out a new atomizer or tank. Sometimes there is machine oil residue on the products and a good clean won't hurt.
Try a couple different juices in a couple different nic and pg/vg concentrations to find your sweet spot.
Also. Hydrate. Can't emphasize how important this is,especially if you're drinking coffee as well as vaping at the same time.
maybe vape a little less? serious suggestion.
Thanks for the info!! Ill be sure to remember that.

Have you tried switching back to the top tank setup as this will give you a quick indication if its a possible residue in the new tank situation, Also I take it your juice consumption has gone up moving from the top tank to the Griffen. So if you switch back and it goes away drop your Nic and give the Griffen a good clean.

Okay.

I am in no way going to quit vaping. So maybe I should do a little self trial to find the culprit. (This can help somebody else in the future???)

Day 1(Today)
No Coffee, Lots and Lots of water. Same Setup.

Day 2
Griffin Tank with Neat VG. Griffin Cleaned out.

Day 3
Top tank with 3mg Nic Juice

Day 4
Toptank with Neat VG

Ill Try to vape the same amount of juice to keep at least some constant. And Report back with what happened.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Okay.

I am in no way going to quit vaping. So maybe I should do a little self trial to find the culprit. (This can help somebody else in the future???)

Day 1(Today)

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4
Toptank with Neat VG

Ill Try to vape the same amount of juice to keep at least some constant. And Report back with what happened.

Any other suggestions?

Someone mentioned posture
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/72368.php

I started getting terrible headaches a few years ago, which turned out to be caused by too much tension in my shoulder/neck muscles when gaming.

It could also be something vape related though. :p

Someone mentioned posture
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/72368.php

I started getting terrible headaches a few years ago, which turned out to be caused by too much tension in my shoulder/neck muscles when gaming.

It could also be something vape related though. :p

Thanks! So basically this might help?:-D
DLCRfbh.jpg

Last edited:
I've also experienced this, and I think it is most likely vape related. I drink loads of water +2litres per day and I never have coffee, so I've ruled out dehydration.

Only thing is that it occurs with some brands of juices, which I just stay away from. NCV, King Royale and MMM have been the only juice to cause headaches thus far. It could be the flavour - as most of them have been fruity, but then I don't experience it with any of the fruity ELP juices.

Anyway, I hope you find the cause of it as it really sucks.

I've also experienced this, and I think it is most likely vape related. I drink loads of water +2litres per day and I never have coffee, so I've ruled out dehydration.

Only thing is that it occurs with some brands of juices, which I just stay away from. NCV, King Royale and MMM have been the only juice to cause headaches thus far. It could be the flavour - as most of them have been fruity, but then I don't experience it with any of the fruity ELP juices.

Anyway, I hope you find the cause of it as it really sucks.
Thanks I'm giving the water a go today(I'm at about 1.5 liters right now). Will see how it all pans out. I'm not too worried, as it is most likely just something silly. I see it as a learning curve. Like you said it can also be certain juices. Hakaberry from Milklab contains Stawberry and Kiwi, so this might be the issue.

Big thanks to all the support so far, I really appreciate all the advice from everybody. This is what makes ECIGSSA so amazing!

Thanks I'm giving the water a go today(I'm at about 1.5 liters right now). Will see how it all pans out. I'm not too worried, as it is most likely just something silly. I see it as a learning curve. Like you said it can also be certain juices. Hakaberry from Milklab contains Stawberry and Kiwi, so this might be the issue.

Big thanks to all the support so far, I really appreciate all the advice from everybody. This is what makes ECIGSSA so amazing!
Just remember that symptoms from dehydration takes time to disappear so you will need to be consistent in the water consumption

Troll begin
As a side note Rip Trippers mentioned something about taking Ultima Sachets to help with the "side effects" of vaping
Troll end

I also had something similar a while back after about 2 or 3 months. I use to be extremely lethargic in the afternoon and had a vertigo sensation that cause me to leave lectures.

Strangely I stopped using the apple pie flavours that was my adv and it went away. So I think it maybe flavour related. But that's just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I got severe migraine headaches, it was a pg intolerance. Check it out

I used to vape exclusively on my subtank mini for months and never got a headache - then I bought a Goliath V2, in which I can finish a tank in 20 minutes if I'm not careful - I started getting headaches when I didn't pace myself on the Goliath. All I can probably suggest is yes, more water, and try and vape a little less with your new tank as you are inhaling more vapour with it.

Okay.

Day 1(Today)

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4
Toptank with Neat VG

Any other suggestions?
I do like the way that putting down your Griffin is your last choice ;)

Back