help needed with noisy ii-25

R_str

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
so I purchased an noisy cricket ii-25 with an wismec neutron, and Samsung 25R batteries.
the batteries are 3.7V and I have an 0.5ohm coil on it. I fired it about 3 times with no problem, but when I fire it now, it switches into low voltage protection - the light flickers a lot, then it switches of. what could be the problem??

thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Does that happen with fresh batteries aswell? According to their site the light will flash frequently if the battery is between 0-9% could possibly be that the voltage meter is faulty ... But that is just pure guessing. Hopefully someone with one might offer better assistance.

I know this is a silly question but did you charge the batteries before using them? Often batteries come partially charged out of the box. I agree with Anneries that it could be that your batteries are too low to fire. Unlike regulated mods, mechs or even voltage regulated, begin to show diminished performance as batteries run low.

I didn't charge them because I only got them today, but i see your point. I'm going to put them on charge and see if that helps.. according to the manual the mod is clearly indicating that my voltage is too low

Last edited:
I didn't charge them because I only got them today, but i see your point. I'm going to put them on charge and see if that helps.. according to the manual the mod is clearly indicating that my voltage is too low

Batteries out the box take almost 3/4 of their capacity on first charge. Would not be surprised if firing those repeatedly without first charging them has drastically reduced their lifespan.

My xtar VC4 charger told me that my last 2 new turds took 2300mah to fully charge.

Otherwise I am very interested in the New noisey-cricket please let me know what you think once you get a chance to sit and ejoy it :)

Otherwise I am very interested in the New noisey-cricket please let me know what you think once you get a chance to sit and ejoy it :)

I got one recently and love it, build low use in parallel, put a tank on and run in series regulated, put a dripper on and run in series unregulated... it's versatile small and cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Li-on cells arrive partially charged out of the box, roughly 3.8V, to maintain the cell seal integrity.
They need to be fully charged before use, unlike the eveready alkalines which arrive fully charged.

Batteries out the box take almost 3/4 of their capacity on first charge. Would not be surprised if firing those repeatedly without first charging them has drastically reduced their lifespan.

My xtar VC4 charger told me that my last 2 new turds took 2300mah to fully charge.
I was not aware of this fact, isn't it true that lithium ion batteries don't have a memory effect so this shouldn't actually affect the battery capacity?.

Everything with internal chemistry can be pushed beyond its safe/ideal limit. If a battery discharges too far they become ruined. Some chargers can bring them back apparently but I cannot testify to that.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

Everything with internal chemistry can be pushed beyond its safe/ideal limit. If a battery discharges too far they become ruined. Some chargers can bring them back apparently but I cannot testify to that.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

I was not aware of this fact, isn't it true that lithium ion batteries don't have a memory effect so this shouldn't actually affect the battery capacity?.
Yes LiOn does not build memory, and yes concensus is that repeatedly daining them below 3v will damage them, but most reg mods incl the cricket v2 I think has low voltage cut off. Stopping you from draining them below 3.2v normally. So as it stands now no harm no foul. The batteries should be good. They are shipped and stored at half charge. Imagine a spring being stored in its compressed state all that pent up energy can't be good for it and it might take a bit of a sag. Its the same with these batteries. Even our phones, its not good to have them at 80% + all the time charge it then let it run down to 60% before sticking it on charge. Its better for battery life to charge them sooner than needed and spend less time at almost empty or almost full.
I treat my batteries really well and since I've started vaping I've only killed one cell. ( My fault I pushed it beyond its limits) The oldest one I have is only now showing signs of not holding on to its charge properly. That one is going on 3years.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Yes LiOn does not build memory, and yes concensus is that repeatedly daining them below 3v will damage them, but most reg mods incl the cricket v2 I think has low voltage cut off. Stopping you from draining them below 3.2v normally. So as it stands now no harm no foul. The batteries should be good. They are shipped and stored at half charge. Imagine a spring being stored in its compressed state all that pent up energy can't be good for it and it might take a bit of a sag. Its the same with these batteries. Even our phones, its not good to have them at 80% + all the time charge it then let it run down to 60% before sticking it on charge. Its better for battery life to charge them sooner than needed and spend less time at almost empty or almost full.
I treat my batteries really well and since I've started vaping I've only killed one cell. ( My fault I pushed it beyond its limits) The oldest one I have is only now showing signs of not holding on to its charge properly. That one is going on 3years.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Wow 3 years? I guess mine will also reach that, only regulated mods, try not run them below 1/4 on the mod, then recharge and rinse repeat.

I got one recently and love it, build low use in parallel, put a tank on and run in series regulated, put a dripper on and run in series unregulated... it's versatile small and cheap

Hi, I am curious and currently looking into 2cell mods.

Does the regulated setting mean the voltage does not drop off as per normal mech mod. In other words, as the cells get flatter, does the chip compensate?
And does this apply for the parallel setting as well?

Yeah it's capped at 6v in regulated series so you only notice a drop off when your cells are below 3v each.. parallel has no regulation and you can choose pure mech series too which has no cap

Back