High end clone?

What would define a mod/atty/equipment as HE? (would honestly like to hear opinions on this)

My personal opinion is that it comes down more to craftsmanship and availability/exclusivity and not necessarily all to performance. Many examples of watches, cars and knives have been used. And the Rolex will tell you the same time as Swatch and some expensive custom knife will cut your biltong the same as your Swiss Army knife. So to return to my question, what defines HE from LE?

Many studies have proven that the amount spend will directly influence on how a person would perceive that product, but like all studies out there, there will at least be one proving the opposite. So the input would be interesting and opinions will differ.

Disclaimer, I have no problem with HE or LE.

OK heading off to the bush to shoot some animals with my Canon now... unplugged and back to nature! Have fun and remember to be nice to one another!

OK heading off to the bush to shoot some animals with my Canon now... unplugged and back to nature! Have fun and remember to be nice to one another!
i hope that is the camera and not on the front of a tank :)

It wasn't meant to be a contentious question, if I buy a clone of a high end item can I post and discus it in the High End Gear forum?
:)
Dave

Honestly dont even bother there is no reason to post about your gear, just enjoy your gear that you buy.
And if you have trouble regarding a issue create a new thread.

i hope that is the camera and not on the front of a tank :)

That it is indeed! :D

The one on the tank I have left here at home for when I come back and people have been naughty in this thread while I'm away! :p

Safe travels @Rob Fisher

Can I put in an order for a few photos please:
I need a gorgeous leopard and a strong lion
(I have the rest)

What would define a mod/atty/equipment as HE? (would honestly like to hear opinions on this)

My personal opinion is that it comes down more to craftsmanship and availability/exclusivity and not necessarily all to performance. Many examples of watches, cars and knives have been used. And the Rolex will tell you the same time as Swatch and some expensive custom knife will cut your biltong the same as your Swiss Army knife. So to return to my question, what defines HE from LE?

Many studies have proven that the amount spend will directly influence on how a person would perceive that product, but like all studies out there, there will at least be one proving the opposite. So the input would be interesting and opinions will differ.

Disclaimer, I have no problem with HE or LE.

High End, Low End, in my opinion, is a ridiculous way to classify something. More accurate would be authentic and clone, if it's just HE because it's expensive, then it's retarded. It should be a mix of things imo, craftsmanship, exclusivity and performance. In my mind, something that costs R50 that checks those boxes is HE. A clone can still be HE, but it can be classified as a clone. If we are going to add price to that, so only items that cost more than Rxxx, then imo, you're just being a snob. Price in itself makes things exclusive, but that doesn't mean someone who bought something much cheaper can't be HE. If you drive a BMW, and you look down at people who drive Polo's then I'm wasting my words here. If you look at them the same way you look at other fancy car drivers, then well done. Since when do we need an elitist separation among ourselves.

My 2c

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

@DaveH
Also most people on here are right. HE is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally i say a clone can also be regarded as HE. There are even authentic items some regard as HE but i dont cause to me its not HE (im not getting into details)

If you do want to post about your clone on a authentic thread then just dont say its a clone. That way everyones happy.
Cheers

In my opinion and the way I think of my mods,tanks is more to the effort it takes to make one. A one or two man band in their workshop designing and creating art in essence.

It takes countless man hours to produce a hand built mod let alone to design one. Me for one appreciate that and am willing to pay for their creation so I can injoy the fruit of there labor.

So to answer the original question, it's not the price of the item that makes it HE for me it's the workmanship that goes into it, I have a £100 Mech and a $800 Mod and I , too me class both as HE.

Why in the world would you start another thread of HE vs LE gear?
Diversity in opinion will always rule the day.

1) If you can afford HE gear and buy them then you will most likely be pro HE.
2) If you can afford HE gear but don't buy them then you most likely don't use social media.
3) If you can afford HE gear but don't buy them then you most likely have other financial priorities.
4) If you have HE gear and respond negatively to this question then it is because you most likely feel the clone is tarnishing the "exclusivity" of the item.
5) If you cannot afford HE gear then you will most likely always ask this question.
6) If you cannot afford HE gear and don't ask this question then you most likely buy clones in the hope of experiencing HE.
7) If you cannot afford HE gear and you buy a clone then you have most likely done your research and found the clone to be of approximate quality.
8) If you happy with your setup and enjoy vaping for what it is then you will most likely not ask the question.

So which numbers apply to you?

Last edited:
I'm definitely a #8. I like looking at HE gear but can't afford it. Those that have HE, enjoy what you have, you've earned it. For anyone else, if it works for you, enjoy it as well. No need to get nasty envious

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep, if it's a 1:1 clone then it's HE, not my problem if I got the same thing at a fraction of the price of the HE crowd.
BUT YOU'RE TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM THE GERIATRIC IN THE SWISS ALPS. HOW WILL HE AFFORD TO LIVE!!!!!!!

Why in the world would you start another thread of HE vs LE gear?
Diversity in opinion will always rule the day.

1) If you can afford HE gear and buy them then you will most likely be pro HE.
2) If you can afford HE gear but don't buy them then you most likely don't use social media.
3) If you can afford HE gear but don't buy them then you most likely have other financial priorities.
4) If you have HE gear and respond negatively to this question then it is because you most likely feel the clone is tarnishing the "exclusivity" of the item.
5) If you cannot afford HE gear then you will most likely always ask this question.
6) If you cannot afford HE gear and don't ask this question then you most likely buy clones in the hope of experiencing HE.
7) If you cannot afford HE gear and you buy a clone then you have most likely done your research and found the clone to be of approximate quality.
8) If you happy with your setup and enjoy vaping for what it is then you will most likely not ask the question.

So which numbers apply to you?
Im a 8.5
Bought an authentic Pico by Yellowkiss but found it to be a very fiddly maintenance setup, even though the vape was very good.
Tried a Coppervape Skyline and maintenance wise its better than either the Pico or SXK Rose V3.
Id rate the flavour very similar between the Rose V3, Pico, Kayfun V5 and Skyline.
At the end of the day its all about ease of use when vaping a juice like Duchess, which is hard on coil and wick, so I mostly use the Skyline.

Come on guys my popcorn is getting cold - somebody take a swing :)

You can see that @KZOR is a scientist. If you have a problem ....make a list. It does almost cover everyone but I would add "..can afford HE gear but don't like paying more for something than it is worth".

I prefer my Hasselblad to the Canon. (drops the bait and waits...)

Enemies to the East enemies to the West
Enemies to the North enemies to the South
Game of Clones continues......

Too many people on this thread to Tag. Guys read the OP!
Dave is asking if he can post about a clone on a authentic thread....

Most bringing in 2c and 5c about HE and money ... Bla bla.. Bla... When thats not what the OP was about.

Last edited:
Back