Mileage: 30000

Age of the item
: 2009

Location of item
: Johannesburg South

Delivery/Collection
: collection

Reason
: Bought it last week to learn how to drive, it has served it purpose.

Picture here
:

IMG_20160201_123745.jpg IMG_20160201_124038.jpg IMG_20160203_191335.jpg IMG_20160203_191259.jpg

If only you were closer! Looks like she is still in very good condition! Glws!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

You learnt to ride in one week @Rafique ?

Bike looks in great condition.

Are you buying something else?

You learnt to ride in one week @Rafique ?

Bike looks in great condition.

Are you buying something else?

@Riaz I learnt in one day (Tuesday to be exact), I havent taken it on to a main road just quiet roads around here. Im scared im gona go too fast man, in that one day I really went for it and was able to ride and change gears to fifth so im happy plus my government giving me problems about keeping it after she heard how fast im driving lol

@Riaz I learnt in one day (Tuesday to be exact), I havent taken it on to a main road just quiet roads around here. Im scared im gona go too fast man, in that one day I really went for it and was able to ride and change gears to fifth so im happy plus my government giving me problems about keeping it after she heard how fast im driving lol
Ive got a colleague at work that is currently looking for a bike.

Only gripe here is location.

I also bought a small bike many moons ago to learn to ride and learnt it in a day. I decided to sell it with the intention of upgrading to a bigger beast since I knew how to ride and the government agreed to it. Then I sold it and the government put a ban on all bikes going forward. I was tricked I tell ya.

You youngsters mean you learnt to operate a machine in 1 day.
I learnt to operate my old school Enfield with the gear change on the right, in a morning, why should it take longer?
Learning to ride involves riding on public roads with all the other road users, safely for many years.

#offtopic #justsaying

You cannot learn to ride a bike in one day. Did you do emergency braking, avoidance manoeuvres, cornering, slow movement and turning.etc.. Did you learn to use your peripheral vision?

Main things
#1 Safety gear Safety gear Safety gear
#2 always looking up and far out try not to look down much
#3 Use your feet to steer putting the footpeg under the part of your foot just behind you toes

Word of advise stay off the roads and rather get onto the track!!

Idea was only to learn how to ride and change as well as cornering. I never intended to keep the bike. I couldnt learn on anyone else's hence the purchase. Guys it's just a sale not a debate on what was learnt. I learnt what I wanted to.

Thanks for the info on what else should've been learnt

Sorry for derailing your thread a bit just making sure fellow bikers are safe out there

You youngsters mean you learnt to operate a machine in 1 day.
I learnt to operate my old school Enfield with the gear change on the right, in a morning, why should it take longer?
Learning to ride involves riding on public roads with all the other road users, safely for many years.

#offtopic #justsaying
learning to ride a bike in a day is easy.. but learning to ride a bike on the roads of south africa.. you are never experienced enough

learning to ride a bike in a day is easy.. but learning to ride a bike on the roads of south africa.. you are never experienced enough
That is why I never used mine to work even though it would have saved a lot of time and money. Never know when a taxi decides to switch lanes.

Great looking bike and awesome price. Good luck with the sale man.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

how exactly does one steer a bike with your feet??
You press into the peg which shifts your weight to that side. This will lean the bike to that direction. Then we get into counter steering.

Sent from my HS-U980 using Tapatalk

You press into the peg which shifts your weight to that side. This will lean the bike to that direction. Then we get into counter steering.

Sent from my HS-U980 using Tapatalk
What are the handle bars on the bike for?

What are the handle bars on the bike for?
Control mounts, ie brake levers, throttle and clutch, and for parking.
Gotta agree with @Va-poor after 100kmh its all about counter steering and weight distribution on the pegs/seat.
You dont discover that riding around upright in the suburbs in 1 day.

That is why I never used mine to work even though it would have saved a lot of time and money. Never know when a taxi decides to switch lanes.
As misconceived a quote as many of the vaping scandals. I ride everyday to work, and would rather ride with a taxi than most other motorists. Those guys spent the whole day every day on the road. Whatever you may think, they know their vehicle WAY better than you know yours. I'm referring to 80% of taxis vs 80% of motorists. There will always be the 20% exception on both sides.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Control mounts, ie brake levers, throttle and clutch, and for parking.
Gotta agree with @Va-poor after 100kmh its all about counter steering and weight distribution on the pegs/seat.
You dont discover that riding around upright in the suburbs in 1 day.
That's the problem with the riders today

All worried about lean angle blah blah blah. He's half off the bike but the bike is straight up

No focus on head and eyes.

I see it everyday. Guy moers down the straight, come to the bend then he brakes right down.

Push the bar in the direction you want to go and your body will naturally do what it needs to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back