How bad is the "paint" issue on the Smok Alien?

The only issue I have with the Gpriv is that NO it does not peel at all, But the paint comes of REALLY easily with the slightest bumps or Nicks. I have the cover on Most of the time, but have had a nick or two even with it on. Was not dropped. the bottom has nicks on from just putting it down on a hard surface. Also the Firebutton seems to wear Quite quickly. Ive had this Mod for a bit over 2 months now only.

This, In my opinion is one of the things that sets an HE mod apart from a normal or expensive mod.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Quality of this Gpriv, just feel that they have a poor \ thin quality paint on it.

View attachment 84638 View attachment 84639

Hence I took the plunge to do this:

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/smok-gpriv-my-v2.t35993/#post-517640

Awaiting my Silver AL85 to arrive in the post any 50 days from now. lol
Any paint issues to worry about with the silver Alien?

Awaiting my Silver AL85 to arrive in the post any 50 days from now. lol
Any paint issues to worry about with the silver Alien?

I've had my Alien 220W for a while now and it's had its fair share of handling... From cup holders to pocket carry to tipping over on my desk... 2-3 months later its still intact and has the usual wear and tear scratches around the 510 and on the bottom. Pretty sturdy I'd say.

Cool. I might have a look for a satin touch like finished cover once I receive my AL85

Cool. I might have a look for a satin touch like finished cover once I receive my AL85
Many have had this concern since the first Aliens invaded our vapeing world but indications are that problem was addressed by Smok after all the hoopla on early versions.My later version mod has held up well though I bought a sleeve to be sure she'll stay pretty. I think it's a great mod that will serve you well!

Happy to report that I haven't has any scratch or paint issues on my Alien since I bought it at the end of Feb. It does live in a silicone sleeve though.

That said, I am in the market for a new mod now. I find that my Baby Beast and Mage RTA performs well on the Alien, but my Avocado 24 doesn't perform that well. I've gotta ramp the wattage up to 100+ for any decent performance. A mate of mine had my Avo on his Therion 166 and performs much better. SO...shopping around for a DNA mod :)

Happy to report that I haven't has any scratch or paint issues on my Alien since I bought it at the end of Feb. It does live in a silicone sleeve though.

That said, I am in the market for a new mod now. I find that my Baby Beast and Mage RTA performs well on the Alien, but my Avocado 24 doesn't perform that well. I've gotta ramp the wattage up to 100+ for any decent performance. A mate of mine had my Avo on his Therion 166 and performs much better. SO...shopping around for a DNA mod :)
@EdeezaY , I have a few suggestions, if you don't want to shell out the $$ for a DNA then maybe do what I did when ramping became an issue because of larger builds ie. Clapton,Alien types.A mod by Ijoy like the Solo v2 for example has a 6step user preheat function that I love.This is a great modestly priced mod IMO and will solve your problem I believe.Another solution may be the VooPoo Drag,a157w mod with a new chip called the Gene Fun.It is an advanced one that rivals the DNA with upgrades and programming on the computer like the DNA itself.Best of all it's $53usd at 3fvape! I have one ordered after watching Phill Brusardos' stellar review on YouTube.Good luck.

@EdeezaY , I have a few suggestions, if you don't want to shell out the $$ for a DNA then maybe do what I did when ramping became an issue because of larger builds ie. Clapton,Alien types.A mod by Ijoy like the Solo v2 for example has a 6step user preheat function that I love.This is a great modestly priced mod IMO and will solve your problem I believe.Another solution may be the VooPoo Drag,a157w mod with a new chip called the Gene Fun.It is an advanced one that rivals the DNA with upgrades and programming on the computer like the DNA itself.Best of all it's $53usd at 3fvape! I have one ordered after watching Phill Brusardos' stellar review on YouTube.Good luck.
Thanks for this @kev mac!

I've had a look at the YouTube reviews for the VooPoo and it looks good. I will definitely look into this as an alternative to a DNA. Do you perhaps know if this is stocked in South Africa?

Thanks for this @kev mac!

I've had a look at the YouTube reviews for the VooPoo and it looks good. I will definitely look into this as an alternative to a DNA. Do you perhaps know if this is stocked in South Africa?
Sorry mate,i'm from the States. I ordered mine at 3fvape on presale but I am not in a hurry,I think Heavens Gifts may have them in stock but I am not sure.It is pretty new so chances are S.A.may take a while to see them in shops. I think this will be a big item so my advice would be to go the China route,though I hear about the issues you guys have with mail from other countries. I think this one will be worth the wait.

Had my G-priv for over 6 months now and just spotted paint coming off in a nook near top screen. Not an area I'd expect either, occasionally had liquid leak in that area and wiped it but other than that it's just naturally peeling off. :(

I have a Smok Alien in red with the paint peel issue. IMO don't use the silicone case because often moisture gets trapped in between the case and the mod(sometimes if your tank leaks it's flavour but most of the time it's moisture) I decided to buy some vinyl and wrap the device. Quite easy to do as the lines are clear.

It's not that much of a big issue though, the only time paint ever peeled was when I had keys or loose change in the same pocket.

Other than that I can't really find any issues with the mod. I've had 2 instances in the past 3 months where there's a false fire(you click the fire bar and nothing happens) but that is just 1 time and click it again and it's working.

Highly recommend this device.

Vinyl can be bought for R30 a square metre at Maizey Plastics so it's quite affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back