How do you find a new e liquid

kev mac

Old enough to know better
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
We all have our favorite juice.You know, the one that you must have at all times. The one where you get the shakes when you run low.
And though we will more than likely remain devoted to this brand I know that I am always on the prowl for the next Holy Grail of e liquid, trouble is you can't always try before you buy.I watch the videos and read reviews but more than once I've been left wanting.I buy a lot on line and they make bold claims on each one's yummyness.And while on the occasion when l find a good one I have too many half empty bottles "steeping " in my box of shame.
I know there's no simple answer to this but I just thought I'd ask.

I'm asking myself this exact question right now, tomorrow is payday,juice levels are low and my DIY stuff is boring me.

My problem is that my preferences change every 1 or 2 months. What was my absolute favourite in December might be entirely unpalatable today (that actually happens, I've got about 60ml of various juices that rocked my world at one stage that I can't stomach any more)

My solution is that I've found a couple of stores where I trust the general attitude of the employees. I'll go in rattle off the long list of what I don't want (eg, no cinnamon,no peanut butter,not like this juice, and so on ad nauseum)

Then go through the much shorter list of what I'm after (this month it is fruity and mentholy, along the lines of Dillinger or Tempestus) and the "vibe" I want from it (refreshing,etc)

The person helping me will come up with a few suggestions, they'll explain the profiles, if possible have a smell of an open bottle,and then I decide how far out of the box I want to jump. So far,with 1 exception,the further from my comfort zone,the happier I end up.

HTH

These days, I do try and look at other juice options but I’m still all over LIT AF The Bae, so I ended up ordering 2 bottles of that (yes ONLY two :( I went through my vape budget like a wrecking ball) and one bottle of Stalker. I caved in and ordered 4 Dudes, The Mountain Dude to try that as well since it is on sale at Vape Cartel, R180 for a 70ml bottle.

No answer for how to find “THE one” when it comes to juices. Luck of the draw for me at least.

We all have our favorite juice.You know, the one that you must have at all times. The one where you get the shakes when you run low.
And though we will more than likely remain devoted to this brand I know that I am always on the prowl for the next Holy Grail of e liquid, trouble is you can't always try before you buy.I watch the videos and read reviews but more than once I've been left wanting.I buy a lot on line and they make bold claims on each one's yummyness.And while on the occasion when l find a good one I have too many half empty bottles "steeping " in my box of shame.

@Carnival So it's now the "box of shame" and not the walk of shame :rofl:
Yep - I too have a "box of shame" but I've started PIFfing most of them, slowly but surely. I've also bought some concentrates which I want to add to those which I feel could be renovated e.g. if I feel it needs more chocolate or whatever - but I haven't got around to that yet.

If I lived near fellow vapers, I would suggest a juice-swopping meet, which could be organised in two ways.

1. Swop an entire bottle, if you've just vaped a little.

2. Each person decants some juice into a 10ml bottle and that is then swopped (or sold pro rata if it's an expensive juice).

Imagine what fun that would be!

I think it's sad that 10ml juice isn't available on the market. At least we wouldn't waste so much money buying something with which we're disappointed.

How do you know what old socks taste like?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Valid question and I can only assume that some of my old socks might have tasted better than some of the crappola I’ve mixed before that sounded good on paper and not so lekker in reality.

I sometimes go into the local Juicy Joe's and do some taste testing. Only problem is that what tastes great on the dripper they have there winds up being totally different in my dripper and completely something else in my tanks. That and I find I can't figure out the juice until I've vaped quite a bit of it. Couple of pulls on a RDA doesn't do it. Just this past week I bought GBom Dragon Wagon and I felt ill when I first vaped it. Too much vanilla-like flavour. But now, few days later, I kind of enjoy it. At the same time, it's not something I'd go out of my way to get again.

Also doesn't help when you taste buds keep changing. I'll be avoiding anything which mentions vanilla in it. I seem to get too much vanilla.

Still in search of a decent sweet tobacco e-juice.

Does look like I'm going to start DIY soon. The bank account just can't deal with all the juice costs right now, considering I'll knock down a 60ml in 3-4 days.

Actually, I have to switch to DIY and cut juice costs ... because I found the mod I want and it's R4K!!! :D

These days, I do try and look at other juice options but I’m still all over LIT AF The Bae, so I ended up ordering 2 bottles of that (yes ONLY two :( I went through my vape budget like a wrecking ball) and one bottle of Stalker. I caved in and ordered 4 Dudes, The Mountain Dude to try that as well since it is on sale at Vape Cartel, R180 for a 70ml bottle.

No answer for how to find “THE one” when it comes to juices. Luck of the draw for me at least.

@Carnival I don't see how one can avoid it being the "luck of the draw" unless one can try-before-you-buy, but in one of your own mods.

I sometimes go into the local Juicy Joe's and do some taste testing. Only problem is that what tastes great on the dripper they have there winds up being totally different in my dripper and completely something else in my tanks.

@SinnerG Before reading your post, I commented to @Carnival that if one can try-before-you-buy, it should be with your own mod.

How do you find a new juice? Enter comps ... and more comps ... and more comps!!!!

And be extremely wary of buying a juice based on what other forumites have said about it, unless you know that you have similar tastes. I've made this mistake a few times and been disappointed - not that there's anything wrong with the juice, it's just that the flavour isn't right for me.

I walk into a store and buy what seems nice or what i have tasted before. If i get home and its a kak juice then i put it into a storage drawer and let it steep until whenever and then later try again. If it then does not rock my world do i pif it to someone else that might like it.

If I lived near fellow vapers, I would suggest a juice-swopping meet, which could be organised in two ways.

1. Swop an entire bottle, if you've just vaped a little.

2. Each person decants some juice into a 10ml bottle and that is then swopped (or sold pro rata if it's an expensive juice).

Imagine what fun that would be!

I think it's sad that 10ml juice isn't available on the market. At least we wouldn't waste so much money buying something with which we're disappointed.
I would like to do that,check out some new flavors and get together with fellow vapers.Unfortunately none of my friends vape though I've tried to get a couple off cigs by setting them up with starter kits.

I'm asking myself this exact question right now, tomorrow is payday,juice levels are low and my DIY stuff is boring me.

My problem is that my preferences change every 1 or 2 months. What was my absolute favourite in December might be entirely unpalatable today (that actually happens, I've got about 60ml of various juices that rocked my world at one stage that I can't stomach any more)

My solution is that I've found a couple of stores where I trust the general attitude of the employees. I'll go in rattle off the long list of what I don't want (eg, no cinnamon,no peanut butter,not like this juice, and so on ad nauseum)

Then go through the much shorter list of what I'm after (this month it is fruity and mentholy, along the lines of Dillinger or Tempestus) and the "vibe" I want from it (refreshing,etc)

The person helping me will come up with a few suggestions, they'll explain the profiles, if possible have a smell of an open bottle,and then I decide how far out of the box I want to jump. So far,with 1 exception,the further from my comfort zone,the happier I end up.

HTH
I'm lucky in that I never get tired of my top 3,Cassadegga Cannoli ,Food Fighter Crack Pie and Cream filled Cakes (Twinkies by I forget the brand) Also like you I'll visit my B+M and the employees always have suggestions based on my taste and will let me sample if possible.

Back