How much juice do you vape a day?

How much juice do you vape a day?

• 5-10ml

• 10-20ml

• 20-30ml

• 40-50ml

• 50-100ml (Only possible if you have tapped into the Rob Fisher Pipe Line )

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vaping is the healthier choice not the cheaper choice.

That’s generalisation , i know of many cue vapors that are satisfied with it and that dont need the complexities of a hobby.

Its only people on here and facebook that take this as a hobby where we want every new thing on the market.

I have benched 99% of my stuff for a pod system and nic salts, should cost me around R600pm now all in.

Its cost me allot to realise it but now i just buy to collect and dont take the cost into account because its not for my habit anymore.

I hear you @VapingB

And yes, if one gets totally into the hobby side of vaping it can be quite a lot more expensive than smoking.
But then again, its not fair to compare because smoking most likely isnt as fulfilling as a hobby as vaping can be.

Also, its not right to just compare the cost of smokes versus the vapes. One should also factor in the health costs if one gets a smoking related illness, which is quite likely over the longer term. I think the costs on vaping are dwarfed by those.

For folk who just want a vaping solution without the hobby side of it, one can get away with a much cheaper solution if one vapes on a lower powered device and uses stronger liquids. One can get away with about 5-6ml per day. And you do get commercial juices at around R2-R3 per ml. So R12-R18 a day, which is less than half the cost of a pack of smokes a day. Roughly speaking. I.e. Vaping doesnt have to be a lot more expensive than smoking.

Jinx

So I’m just interested in finding out , as I really do think the most expensive part of vaping is the juice , 3mg or 6mg doesn’t matter , I use about 30ml a day.

Money wise I wouldn’t recommend vaping as a smoking alternative at all.

I love vaping everything about it , the DIY is probably my favorite part, and will never stop. I use vaping as a smoke replacement and still costs me a arm and a leg to vape( also every time a lekker mod or tank comes out , I just have to have it.

Please let me know your feelings about the above.

Changing from smoking to vaping should never be about saving money. It should be about quitting smoking and vaping as a healthier alternative. It doesn't really matter how much juice you use per day. As long as you don't smoke, it's fine. I also use about 30-40ml per day. But up to date, I've spent way more money on vaping than ever spending on smoking, but it doesn't bother me.

I agree it donates bother me at all, the money I spend , I was just blindsided by the question I got today and doing the sums in my head, I basically spend way to much money on vaping , lol.

Luckily a lot of the times like this weekend when I purchase a new mod and tank I receive free juice as well, here’s looking at you Sir Vape.

That’s exactly my point , the thousand upon thousands , you do you explain that, pack of siggs a day R35 and 30ml’s of juice a day???

It depends on the time frame involved. I quit on 3 Jan 2016. I was a fairly light smoker, only 15 a day. Let's say that's R20 a day. So it would have cost me R21 900 to continue smoking since then. And would still be costing me R20 a day, probably a bit more now with inflation and increased sin taxes.

Have I spent R22k on vaping so far? Yeah, easily. Ten mods at an average of R750 each (R7.5k), 15 atties at average R400 each (R6k), 15 batts at R120 each (R1.8k), and so on. DIY flavours alone I probably have around R15k worth. But I still have a lot of those flavours left. I can make juice for the next three years with the flavours in my stash, I'd only need nic, VG and PG which are all pretty cheap, especially seeing as I vape 1.5mg juice. A bottle of 36mg nic lasts me months. I also have cotton and wire for years.

Now, with only really buying DIY supplies and restocks for about R200 a month, I'm recouping R400 a month from the deficit of getting myself set up. I'm probably still behind the curve but, two or three years down the road, I should be ahead.

I also didn't set out with the aim of saving money. I haven't squandered funds by buying every shiny new toy I see but I have splurged a bit on DIY flavours. I have around 500 flavours which is unnecessary. You can DIY very effectively with only 50 flavours if you're willing to only have about ten ADVs and mix them repeatedly. If you have the discipline to restrict yourself to 2 or 3 setups, and you DIY coils and juice, you can vape much cheaper than smoking.

Side comment :
10 DIY ADVs!!
I am struggling to get my first!
(Admittedly ive only mixed about 10 recipes.)

I did not start vaping to quit smoking cigarettes as I quit that about 15 years ago. I did however start to stop smoking hookah.

I love the DIY side of it. But it does not have to cost alot of money. One of the vendors had iJust2 devices a while ago for R70. Combine that with a cheap but decent tank you could get away for very little money.

There are also cheap but pretty decent juices available. The "status" part tends to take hold of people, not to be outdone by the guy with the 3 million watt mod with R1500 tank.

I vape ALOT. Luckily I DIY so the cost is pretty low. I honestly don't want to work out how much juice I go through - it might make me stop a hobby I really enjoy.

I DIY, and currently have about 1.5 l steeped and about 1.2 l steeping.

It lasts until it’s finished. My only goal is to keep ahead of the curve. I have stuffed up once yesterday while mixing, going to be two weeks out, and a couple of times when I started. At least I have about 270 ml of another to keep me going with another 200ml being mixed of that specifically for the end of the month.

Main thing is I like the flavours and the variety, and will keep on switching each day. It’s the way I roll, so I don’t really want to own up how much I vape, but I’m loving it.

New year juice tasting party at @Room Fogger
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is what a juice tasting party looks like @Silver

Whenever I have friends over eg. when we braai, I make sure that the "bar" is stocked well - including mods for those that still need to convert.

df4ab362591346a1ac34187c1a2da21c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, with only really buying DIY supplies and restocks for about R200 a month, I'm recouping R400 a month from the deficit of getting myself set up. I'm probably still behind the curve but, two or three years down the road, I should be ahead.

As @RichJB says you eventually get ahead of the curve. I have spent more on hardware than @RichJB but less on juice (he is a mad mixologist with a passion for flavour). I DIY juice coils etc.

In a few days time, I will have been stinky free for four years. I smoked more than a pack of Camel filters a day. I see that Makro has cartons for R 45 per pack. I would therefore be spending at least R 60 per day.

365 days/year X 4years X R 60 = R 87 600. (correct my maths if necessary)

I have probably spent R 45 000 on vaping. This is about half the smoking cost.

One should also take into account that I have spent way more on vaping than is necessary.

From now on, if I average R 500 per month, I will be "saving" R 1 300 per month or around R 15 000 per year.

On avg I vape 30 to 40 ml a day.

Started vaping in March this year.
After spending around R2500 to R3000 on stinkies a month, I really don't care about the money I've spend on juice,mods,tanks and batteries.

I feel better and my lungs don't want to jump out every morning.

Plan for the new year is to start making my own juice.

Send from this side of the screen

I started vaping almost 2 years ago and stopped my pack-a-day habit that same day :eek:
I have @DominionZA to thank for that.. he taught me the ropes and set me up with my first vape :)

The first few months were on a stick vape with high nic commercial juices and I probably was going through around 5ml a day. Switched over to a bigger mod and sub-ohm tank and "production" has ramped up from there :D I probably go through around 20ml a day now. Honestly I'm not sure I would have carried on if I didn't get into DIY coils and juices; I think it's that that got me hooked properly as the cost of commercial coils and juice was too expensive to warrant continuing. That being said I'm sure I was still saving a bit of money compared to the smoking habit.

Now I think I probably spend around R150-R200 a month on everything (averaged out) compared to the ~R1000/m I was spending on smoking.

One should also take into account that I have spent way more on vaping than is necessary.

Yeah, I think that is true for most. Unfortunately for the earlier adopters, there was no roadmap laid out. We were learning as we went along and the technology was maturing as we went. So it was rather like buying computers in the 1980s and early 1990s. There was a new and better model every three months, so you had to spend to keep up. Today, the technology curve has flattened out a bit. Mods and atties of today aren't really any more effective than those of a year ago. However, even today, it is likely that the new vaper will start with a sub-ohm pen or starter kit and then graduate to a rebuildable set-up or two (or eight) later.

Even in DIY, there was a lot of wasted expenditure. Buying tons of syringes and beakers then realising that mixing by weight is easier, buying six different types of bottles before settling on one, trying five or six different storage systems before finding the right one, buying concentrates for which there were no flavour notes or recipes. This is why we run the MixHax series on the podcast, to try and shorten that learning curve for new mixers and save them some money and time. If I had to do it again, knowing what I do now, I could save even more.

It depends highly on the mg I’m vaping and what device. If I’m in my tube Mech mood then 50ml’s blow by quick, if I’m on my Mech squonkers then around 30 to 40ml’s and if I’m on my MTL’s it’s down at the 8ml mark. The Nic levels go from 3mg , 6mg and 40mg.

Back