I love you guys but seriously? This is pushing it all the way to the top

Waine

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/new/products/coil-empire-premium-fused-claptons

I buy 99% of my vaping gear from Sir Vape, and I have never skimped. I support them all the way. But seriously, R120 for two coils in a fancy little bottle? Let's get real. But this is not directed at Sir Vape.

It tells me one thing. With the vaping market reaching a massive peak in sales, an explosion of new products, and innovative ideas, people are thinking up novel ways to crack it quick, big and easy. But some manufacturers are just jumping too fast on the bandwagon. Worse are those who fall for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the beauty of the free market system... everyone is free to buy stuff or not... for someone like me who is not a handyman type and has no intention of buying a drill, tons of different wire, swivels etc the chance to buy a decent set of claptons is awesome... and if you compare R65 for a commercial coil which is pretty crap then R60 a coil for a fancy one that is gonna last way longer than the commercial coil seems like a win to me.

Pretty sure the gasPhase Alien Fused Claptons used to cost more than that and ppl still bought them

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I hear you @Waine if its got to do with vaping aparently doesnt matter what the prices are, it sells. Like uncle @Rob Fisher said its a Free Market so one is free too choose to spend the money or not.

Myself and few other members are also jumping on the band wagon if you would like you can join us Waine, we need as many members as possible.

Its a whole new experience to vaping where one doesnt need a mod or tank to vape you. You can vape straight out the bottle.

I now present for the first time on Ecigssa.....

fart in a bottleimages.jpg

This is the next level guys.... A whole new dimension to vaping that now anyone can buy for ony R550.00

You say wow R550.00 thats expensive.....
No its not...
All Fart in a Bottle, Bottles are exclusive and marked by its creator with a signature and what he ate the night before. Here is the lengthy capturing process of making one of these unique bottles.

fart bottle2download-1.jpg

Its a lengthy process but it pays off cause its R550.00.... I see now you starting to say wow R550.00 doesn't seem that bad now.

If i havent convinced you yet than you will be convinced now...
You need no vape gear with Fart in a Bottle all you need is a Bottle of Fart in a Bottle to enjoy this amazing product straight out the bottle...

fart bottleimages.jpg

Wow ....
Just look at him enjoying that Fart in a Bottle.
You can get yours today from all leading vape shops...
So go now and grab one today....

Only R550.00

Last edited:
All jokes aside I also don't get it. I'd much rather spend R120 on a bottle of juice than two coils sheesh. I suppose you have to take into account the time it takes to make the coil, someone has to sit and make these so technically it's a 'custom made' coil :)

How long does it take to make a proper clapton from scratch? now how much do your earn per hour at work? Do the math and get back to us?

I would never pay that because i am perfectly happy with 24gauge wire coils.

Buuut if you want claptons... and quality ones.... its your best bet as a beginner.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

All jokes aside I also don't get it. I'd much rather spend R120 on a bottle of juice than two coils sheesh

I'd much rather spend R30 on a bottle of DIY juice and R1 each on two DIY coils. (<--- cheap git) :D

now how much do your earn per hour at work?

I suppose it raises the question of whether coils are better made by a machine or human, and what sort of job satisfaction a guy would have from rolling 200 Claptons a day. It's not a job I'd relish.

As long as manufacturers aren't colluding/price-fixing and driving consumers towards a certain price bracket, I think it's all good. We can get boxes of machine-made coils for R5 each so the free market mechanism is working well and consumers can find options to suit whatever budget they have. If the manufacturer can get enough customers who buy at that price, more power to him.

I honestly don't understand how you're so shocked about this price? Have you ever tried making a fused Clapton that comes out the exact same each time, and looks like this?
Another thing that a lot of people don't understand is that these coils aren't made to last a week like the 26/32 Clapton coils that you make at home. I've had a pair of these coils for about two months in my goon, and if you want I could post a picture of them, they still look brand new.

So I don't understand how people will pay 80 rand for a tfv8 coil that lasts around 2 weeks, but complain about paying this for a coil that will last longer than 2 months without a doubt.

But like @Rob Fisher said it's a free market, you buy it if you like what you see and you don't buy it if you don't like it.

http://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/new/products/coil-empire-premium-fused-claptons

I buy 99% of my vaping gear from Sir Vape, and I have never skimped. I support them all the way. But seriously, R120 for two coils in a fancy little bottle? Let's get real. But this is not directed at Sir Vape.

It tells me one thing. With the vaping market reaching a massive peak in sales, an explosion of new products, and innovative ideas, people are thinking up novel ways to crack it quick, big and easy. But some manufacturers are just jumping too fast on the bandwagon. Worse are those who fall for it.

Get over it mate.
Sounds like you are taking a stab at the vendor?
Either buy it or don't? If you have any experience with these types of coils, you would know the time it takes to make them, not to mention the amount of high end quality wire that is used.

Out of interest. The material cost to make one 26/38 kanthal fused ni80 coil similar to the one being mentioned is a whole R8.20 per coil - Tmess wrap and gphase core

So add the labor and attention to detail.
Nice packaging.

And the price is not so bad for a prebuilt coil.

My 2c

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, pre Vape meet Ct last month, The creator Yusuf Cape Vapor sold these directly for 60 randellas,Zeki from Voodoo sold them for 80 at the meet.120 from Sir vape,Durbs is very far from Ct and you know these vape stores have to pay for the Stores hence the prices....

If I remember correctly, pre Vape meet Ct last month, The creator Yusuf Cape Vapor sold these directly for 60 randellas,Zeki from Voodoo sold them for 80 at the meet.120 from Sir vape,Durbs is very far from Ct and you know these vape stores have to pay for the Stores hence the prices....

Your not helping the argument :-D
So basically the coils have been smacked with 100% profit ontop sounds like the norm here in S.A :-D:-D:-D

Well I think there is that market but the OP and I are not part of that market. I heard prices of R9 per dual coil and then thought I might as well kust buy them than go through the hassle of building. This is a little more than what I used to pay for Protank and Aspire coils back in the day before going deep into building.

Looking at the prices, I think 2 sets of coils gets a beginner a coilmaster kit and 10 meters of Clapton. He'll master building with it on the first meter and then have 5 sets of dual coils for that money including the wastage of the learning curb. As far as building goes, it literally takes under a minute to build now. The time goes on fitting and wicking whichyou have to do with those pre-built anyway.

As an extra, just imagine messing up an install, putting 1 leg in too long and snipping or something like that. Alot of money down the drain and stress to get it right the first time and thinking about topping up that cart for delivery to make it viable for delivery.

This make have a short term market at those prices bit I dont see it being sustainable. Think of how mod prices have dropped. They used to retail around 400% markup a couple years ago and we bought, I bought. Then we started shipping ourselves from Heaven Gifts, Fasttech etc. I even did extras as a self warranty and had good experiences without faulty items and then sold the extras at half local retail and got my stuff free. The demand dropped and now prices are around 150% at credible vendors so we willing to support those prices. Honestly, I think R5 per coil is a fair price but that's my opinion

First things first.... Has the OP bought a set and used these coils...i have been using the same set of coils in my avo and goon for the last 3 months and the vape and flavor our from them is just as good as the first day I installed them. I have previously and will continue to purchase the coils because they are just that damn good...

For those that feel the cost is too much... No one is forcing u to purchase the coils it is a free country but u know what... Put on ur big girl panties and stop crying about it... Or at least purchase a set use them and then comment... Don't just throw out comments if u have no idea about the item...

Just my 2c as well

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I think this thread argument should have ended long ago... After uncle @Rob Fisher posted to be exacted.

As mentioned this this is a free world so if its expensive and you not happy paying X amount then move along and go find cheaper.

The End

... 3 months and the vape and flavor our from them is just as good as the first day I installed them...

Gosh dude, I've got 6 coils that are over a year old and still give a perfect vape and they probably cost R5 in total.

BTW, I see this is on the Sir Vape subforum and my comments are in no way directed at Sir Vape. I have seen much worse pricing on other sites. I think this thread should be moved to a more general forum. It's just coincidence that the OP happened to pick that particular product at Sir Vape.

Get over it mate.
Sounds like you are taking a stab at the vendor?
Either buy it or don't? If you have any experience with these types of coils, you would know the time it takes to make them, not to mention the amount of high end quality wire that is used.

In what way was he taking a stab at the vendor. Get over yourself - you trying to create more drama here

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the market. Glad you enjoy them.

No ways bud i wont pay that price either :-D it is very expensive and i too dont see any sense as my own home made coils last 2 months plus also.

If people buy then good for them its what they choose. Everyone too their own :)

I stole a couple of these coils at vapecon (#cuzthisisafrica) and am still using them in my azeroth, dry burn like once a week and they appear like new. The maker only uses premium Kanthal wire, not chinesium like UD etc

I've never known an industry to moan and complain so much. It's ludicrous!!!I've just come back doing a weekly shop and bought Schweppes soda water from Checkers. It cost R16.50 a bottle. Here by my local cafe it's R17.50... This is life. I don't moan about it I decide where I'm going to buy today.

I use these coils. I don't mind paying for them because just to buy the wire will cost more, then the ball ache of making the things.......
I do get them cheaper though maybe it was a pre launch price.

There is another maker selling coils for R260 + so I don't know why people are moaning.

Oh and name calling is moronic please don't do it.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Back