If Vaping Gear\Juices got 95% taxes what would you do?

If Vaping Gear\Juices got 95% taxes what would you do?

• Quit Vaping

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Go back to stinkies

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • become a DIY pro

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • Buy up all possible products to last you a long time :p

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Never stop and have a sign by the street saying Ejuice\gear required for flavour chaser

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Go on strike (a common SA thing)

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • This will never happen

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters

Paulie

Flavour master
VIP
LV

Awards
Hey all,

So it looks like they trying to enforce a 95% tax on Vaping gear and juices in the USA and i was talking to @Alex and what we would do if it happened :p

What would you do?

I would go the DIY rout. Technically speaking they cant put the same tax on juice and flavors as in the raw form its not ejuice. If they classify it the same then you will see a massive increase in food prices.

Or do I have it wrong?

I would go the DIY rout. Technically speaking they cant put the same tax on juice and flavors as in the raw form its not ejuice. If they classify it the same then you will see a massive increase in food prices.

Or do I have it wrong?

Yeah,I was thinking the same thing as do they tax nicotine based liquids, PG and VG. but it will be interesting to see.

DIY for juice.
For gear I would do what I sort of do now - buy only what I need. So 2 mods and 3 tanks sort of thing.

At todays pricing, I hope to get a nice collection of tanks going.

95% tax on ready made juices would make it really bad for us. I assume juice manufacturers would be forced to make a bit less profit and take some of the pain and the price would go up by say about 50%.

I think it would mean a lot of smaller juice manufacturers would just be forced to close down over the longer term and volume manufacture would be the way to go.

Bad for us consumers as choice would reduce.

I suppose it would also make DIY a lot more popular.

I suppose it would only apply to ready made juices and nicotine. But PG and VG as well as flavour concentrates should escape this I hope.

You know though, if this goes through in the States, the premium juice makers will have to relook at their pricing.

Ive read plenty of time on US forums etc. where Americans say $27 for Five Pawns is still expensive. So even in their *strong* economy and a generally higher financial state of living, they consider $27 a lot of money for juice. So I think the premium juice makers would be screwed at $50.

There's no way in hell I'd pay R600 for 30ml. I don't even like spending R300.

Black Market Nicotine :mask:
And this forum can be our DarkNet ;)

That level of taxation would be completely idiotic, but it is unfortunately what we've come to expect from modern governments.

By the greedy, for the greedy :(

Personally have gone the DIY route for juice already, would be looking at paying tax on nicotine and gear only then and Im starting to feel that I may not even need the nicotine at all. I dont see how they will do the taxation, a sin tax on nicotine seems achievable but on the other goods I cant see how they would regulate it.

In my mind it really is how are the vendors going to respond to it, will they absorb the tax and lower their (often ridiculous) profit margins? Or will we as the consumers land up funding both vendor and government greed? At this point almost everyone in the industry in our country is breaking the law (I stand to be corrected) unless all the vendors selling liquids happen to be registered pharmacists. I think it will take quite a while for our government to get organised about all this and by that point they may be more interested in stealing farms than taxing the vape industry lol. Wow I am so optimistic this morning.

Black Market Nicotine :mask:
And this forum can be our DarkNet ;)

That level of taxation would be completely idiotic, but it is unfortunately what we've come to expect from modern governments.

By the greedy, for the greedy :(

Ya but black market when you're a parent - massive pita. Imagine "uh honey, I'm in jail, for buying juice."

I hated in my "youth", buying... uh... pipe tobacco, looking out for cops and stuff. I don't put myself in situations like that, as a parent. Someone depends on me.

So while I say I would like to go black market, I really wouldn't.

Ya but black market when you're a parent - massive pita. Imagine "uh honey, I'm in jail, for buying juice."

I hated in my "youth", buying... uh... pipe tobacco, looking out for cops and stuff. I don't put myself in situations like that, as a parent. Someone depends on me.

So while I say I would like to go black market, I really wouldn't.

The "pipe tobacco" you refer to was an illegal substance (i.e. not available to buy anywhere) so it was a completely different ballgame. This would be more like running a red light ;)

Problem with a black market is that due to the risk taken by the "supplier" the price would still be higher than what we pay now...so it would likely be a waste anyways (depending on the amount of taxation of course) :(

Doubt anyone will ever go to jail for buying illegal nicotine...just a slap on the wrist and/or a fine most likely :D

DIY all the way, I'm already enjoying it more than most of the ready mixed juices anyway.

Message sent via tapatalk

DIY all the way, I'm already enjoying it more than most of the ready mixed juices anyway.

Message sent via tapatalk

I just ordered some DIY stuff. Going to have my first crack at it.

I really hope I get it down, so that my future vape budget can go to premium juice and gear, instead of needing to buy enough juice to get through the month... and the rest.

I just ordered some DIY stuff. Going to have my first crack at it.

I really hope I get it down, so that my future vape budget can go to premium juice and gear, instead of needing to buy enough juice to get through the month... and the rest.

Good luck with your DIY endeavor - it's been going great for me and I've saved a ton on juice, even though I'll never give up "the good stuff" completely :)
Remember to check out the DIY noob thread...some great stuff there that will get you up and running in no time :D

I can already imagine a night out in Rosebank. Hey bra how much for 36mg...

Shhhhht bra that oke is under cover.

Hmmmm, I used to go to Rosebank quite frequently back in the day ;)

Me to. I use to frequent the rooftop. I loved me some of "Dannie's Mushrooms"

Edit: Those where actually proper home grown mushrooms not the stuff that makes you look like...

giphy (2).gif

I wonder if someone already magically extracted from these innocent mushrooms and made an ejuice with 0 nic content?

PS. @Arthster there is one heck of a difference between Denny's and the one that you called Dannies :D

Good luck with your DIY endeavor - it's been going great for me and I've saved a ton on juice, even though I'll never give up "the good stuff" completely :)
Remember to check out the DIY noob thread...some great stuff there that will get you up and running in no time :D

Ye that thread inspired me.
Thought about it often, but it all seemed a little daunting. And when I tried mixing up normal retail juices... well, I would end up ruining two juices :)

Ye that thread inspired me.
Thought about it often, but it all seemed a little daunting. And when I tried mixing up normal retail juices... well, I would end up ruining two juices :)

Just start out with a single flavour (something you like already) and you really can't go wrong...too little flavour, just add more; too much flavour, just dilute it back down a bit. It's as simple as making Oros, just instead of water you use "PG/VG" :D

I was just as apprehensive about it at first, thought there was no way...now it's like building a coil - just part of my new hobby ;)

I wonder if someone already magically extracted from these innocent mushrooms and made an ejuice with 0 nic content?

That was perfectly expressed, so clever :clap::rock:

I wonder about that too - but I'd like it in 24mg...for that all week buzz ;):)

Back