iJoy Tornado RDTA

it doesnt protrude at all. so as far as i know that would be a no. But the gemini protudes alot. isnt flush with an ipv 3li ipv 5 and an rx200
so that would maybe be a suitable tank.

I run my quad claptons at 140w flavour seems the best at that wattage. and it isnt very hot with the airflow fully open

Howsit guys, I need some help with wicking this tornado, either it leaks or I get dry hits. Never struggled so much with wicking a tank. Running dual 3mm id claptons.

Howsit guys, I need some help with wicking this tornado, either it leaks or I get dry hits. Never struggled so much with wicking a tank. Running dual 3mm id claptons.

well i ran mine with .24ohm quad fused claptons 3mm 8 wraps 28gx2 core and 32g wrap and at first wicked it thin but it leaked and lacked flavour.
But i watched the a few youtube videos and it seems like more wicking is the way to go. im sure this does apply to dual coils.
also fluffing the ends of the wicks is really important. helps it wick faster.
i run mine at 140w on my rolo and it never dry hits or leaks. (with fluffing and more wicking)
I would also upsize the coil to 3.5mm for duals

Decided to try and be adventurous with the Tornado.

So built this.
Specs are:
22g
3mm ID
9 wraps.
Settled Its coming in at 0.19 ohms.

Running it at full tilt on the minikin and the tank is still wanting more power. Quite impressed with the flavour and cloud production.

93c4f447890fc914310155d5f8e43176.jpg

cb2f13bcac3c830eaba2154fa477f6bf.jpg

in my mind its made for quad coils. i actually brought the t6 deck but a screw was stuck in a post hole and literally stripped instantly and i even tried drilling it out. evently gave up and took the other screws and pin off it and threw it away. i was so sad. but atleast the t6s pin is slightly longer and i find its more stable ohm wise.
@MurderDoll
how are you wicking yours?

in my mind its made for quad coils. i actually brought the t6 deck but a screw was stuck in a post hole and literally stripped instantly and i even tried drilling it out. evently gave up and took the other screws and pin off it and threw it away. i was so sad. but atleast the t6s pin is slightly longer and i find its more stable ohm wise.
@MurderDoll
how are you wicking yours?

Not sure how to explain it exactly but ill give it a try.

With it being a 3mm ID. I have to use quite a bit of wicking. It needs to be firm but not tight that it moves the coil (if that makes any sense?).

Once I have wicked up the coils. I I use a small pair of scissors and let the wick tail rest on my finger. Then basically just stick the scissors head from the coil and drag it to the tail (as if I was scratching the wick. But let it go straight through the coil). Doing this pushes some loose parts off and allows the wick to get light and fluffy.

Once all are done, take the chimney side wall and press it into place. Excess wick at the bottom will get trimmed off and pushed back into the chimney. (Same process you use for a moonshot, if you have watched any videos on it)
Then its just making sure the wick is covering the juice holes nicely and that none is blocking the airflow from the bottom.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I must say I am loving this tank. Is it just me or is it a bit under rated? The tornado is not as user friendly (although I find wicking it much easier) as the zephyrus and griffin 25 (the only other tanks I have...) but boy does it perform! Guzzles juice thought!

I must say I am loving this tank. Is it just me or is it a bit under rated? The tornado is not as user friendly (although I find wicking it much easier) as the zephyrus and griffin 25 (the only other tanks I have...) but boy does it perform! Guzzles juice thought!

This tank is definitely underrated. Flippen awesome even if it's a Juice Guzzler I still love it. Can build insane Coils in this thing !

some pictures of my current fused clapton build at .24ohms
i enjoy the flavour the most with the upper coils like the picture. only con is, get a little spitback when it needs a new wick.
WP_20160615_12_57_21_Pro.jpg WP_20160615_13_00_16_Pro.jpg WP_20160615_13_00_35_Pro.jpg

Have to agree. It doesn't seem to be a popular tank as everyone is still in love with the Gemini and Griffin.

Very nice @Jono90
That must require some serious wattage!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

@MurderDoll

well im running it at 140w on the rolo. still abit of ramp up time. but once it warmed up its all good.
suits my vape style of long slowish pulls.

Got one today but having issues with wicking that it does not leak. Soon as you fill her she leaks. Advise please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got one today but having issues with wicking that it does not leak. Soon as you fill her she leaks. Advise please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once the lower chimney is installed wet the wicks and press them up and slightly into the juice holes. I never have a leak on mine and i have my deadbeat brother use it. Rewick for him once a week and no leaks.

At least 3mm id on coil and snug fit cotton... no trimming needed.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

Back