Increased vaping activity in Cape causes record low pressure system.

gdigitel

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok its not really vaping's fault this time but it's true the Cape is bracing itself for the lowest pressure cell since 1984. The implication is some really hectic wind predicted at 92km/h, heavy rain and 12 to 16m sea swells. To give you an indication, all of the Western Cape schools are closed tomorrow, halls and shelters are being prepped for emergency shelters and emergency services are on high alert.

To everyone in the storm's path, good luck, be safe, pack away anything that can become a projectile outside the house. Close windows and keep curtains closed even during the day(if windows shatter curtains will help prevent glass shard projectiles).
And most importantly, Vape On.

Thanks dude
The universities are also closed. Basically anything related to kids.
I love a good storm.

Sent from my Note 4

Hopefully this turns out to be one of those times where you over prepare and feel foolish when nothing transpires.

But you guys definitely need the water so... Take care siblings of the cape.

Nope something is coming. Rain just started here by me. This is gonna be fun.

Good thing i cleaned the gutters and checked for leaks. Flat roof is not fun when it leaks

Sent from my Note 4

I'm either sleeping late tomorrow or I'm going surfing ... on my house's roof. :(

Rain is here now with heavy winds

Nope something is coming. Rain just started here by me. This is gonna be fun.

Good thing i cleaned the gutters and checked for leaks. Flat roof is not fun when it leaks

Sent from my Note 4
I feel your pain. Flat roofs are beautiful but maintenance is kak! Took me over a year to sort out my leaks!

P.s how is the storm going? I know it's a harsh one but the rain is welcomed I'm sure.

Storm was awesome. Slept like a baby. My 3yr old still fast asleep

Sent from my Note 4

While I think there were some people worse off in the storm than others the western cape government was maybe a bit too prudent in closing all the schools. its just some water and wind people. you wont melt. I honestly cannot remember them ever closing schools becos of a storm as far back as I can remember. we are becoming weak :)

While I think there were some people worse off in the storm than others the western cape government was maybe a bit too prudent in closing all the schools. its just some water and wind people. you wont melt. I honestly cannot remember them ever closing schools becos of a storm as far back as I can remember. we are becoming weak :)
I think prevention of loss of life is the main goal here :D
I almost got blown away in PE on a rough day and I'm a grown man!

Has been raining and blowing all night. I think the wind is going to be more of a problem today at the 14h00 mark. It's blowing hard now but is still going to increase by 20km/h at 14h00.

Ok, so last night was a bit of a let down. Was waiting for the howling wind and buckets of rain. And nothing out of the ordinary in Durbanville.

Must say, right now, the wind is picking up outside the office, but the sun is still shining.

Be safe fellow cape vapers.

Anybody got any awesome big sea pics yet? Places like 3 Anchor bay, Big Bay and Strand usually have some impressive pics of the sea attempting to take back some land.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The "dungeons" break off Hout Bay would have been huge

Back