Innokin fourth generation tech full size mod released next week!

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
The Sensis saw a Pod Mod from Innokin with innovative new technology which kept flavour produced fresh which in turn increased coil longevity!

Now the technology is about to be let off the leash!!!!!!

Screenshot (504).png

Innokin Coolfire Z80 Kit Preview – The Coolfire Is Back!

The Innokin Coolfire Z80 Kit is the newest kit to wear the “Coolfire” badge…

coolfire-z80-banner.jpg

This popular range have included the Coolfire Z80, Coolfire Ultra and the Coolfire Mini.

What Is New On The Innokin Coolfire Z80 Kit?
Sadly this is not yet showing on the official Innokin website – I have had to get the info from a vendor website.

coolfire-z80-black.jpg

The info does show the full kit which includes the new Zenith 2 tank – but there is not much detail about this tank yet so I will cover this in another preview when more info shows up.

Mainly therefore I will be dealing with the Coolfire Z80 mod and what this has to offer.

coolfire-z80-colours.jpg

As you can see the styling is very “Coolfire” like (apart from the dodgy looking Coolfire 2 obviously) and has lovely smooth curves with Leather or Suede textured grip areas. The marketing images do say the textures are “similar to Suede and Leather” so this might be an imitation material – but again this is not specified.

Surrounding the grip areas is the main Zinc-Alloy frame which is either GunMetal, Dark Grey or Silver depending on which colour version you choose.

coolfire-z80-battery.jpg

This requires a single 18650 battery for power which is not included in the kit and you get a USB Type C port which can charge at up to a 1.7A charge rate.

You have a Variable wattage output of 6-80W and the image of the specifications also suggests you can adjust the voltage too?

coolfire-z80-output.jpg

In addition to these user modes you also get the F0 Fourth Generation Technology mode (found on the recent Innokin Sensis) which allows you to change the frequency of the alternating current going to the coil to suit your preference.

coolfire-z80-f0-mode.jpg

Image courtesy of 3fvape.com
Also you get the coil refresh mode (again carried over from the Sensis) which when you have taken a vape will send 40% of the power to the coil for a split second when you release the fire button to prime the coil ready for your next vape.

coolfire-z80-refresh.jpg

A colour TFT screen is provided but the size is not specified.

The top of the mod has a standard 510 connection so you can use this with a wide range of atomisers.

There are 4 colour options to choose from: Leather Black, Ash Grey, Leather White and Cloudy Grey.
coolfire-z80-range.jpg

Kit Includes
  • Innokin Coolfire Z80 Mod
  • Zenith 2 tank
  • 0.8ohm MTL coil (installed)
  • Z 0.3ohm RDL coil
  • Spare glass
  • Spare RDL drip tip
  • O-rings
  • Type C USB cable
  • User manual
Innokin Coolfire Z80 Mod Specs
  • Size: 83.5×38.3×27.6mm
  • Output: 6-80W / 1-7.5V
  • User modes: Variable Wattage, Frequency – F0 (20-100Hz), Coil refresh
  • Battery: 1×18650 (not included)
  • Display: Colour screen – size not specified
  • Resistance range: 0.1-3.5ohm
  • USB Type C Charging – 1.7A charge rate
  • 510 connection
coolfire-z80-specs.jpg

Last edited:
been using 75hz in F0 mode on Sensis with 0.65ohm coil, do the occasional refresh and at 3241 puffs and still getting great flavour, using RTA's will be a winner along with being able to swap out battery!

100% agree! Very impressed!
View attachment 233538
The Sensis also had Coil+ and if the new tech was just Coil+ and the refresh feature it would still be major innovation and i would be hyping it up for genuine reasons but it makes sense sending Coil+ to the side-lines on the Coolfire Z80 because using it with AC Current is that good who once trying F0 mode with the occasional refresh would use Coil+ instead?

View attachment 233538
For me the only con i have come across is the puff counter Zero's every time the battery is removed which will annoy those that monitor their puffs. For me funny enough the puff counter only really interests me in regards to doing the review as although i will manually test the resetting i also like to have photos in the review with decent numbers showing on the display so at least if many think i am talking BS at least they can't say i didn't really use it!

Last edited:
No leaking at all, simple refill, great flavour (best commercial coil ever), battery life seems great, my Siam Drip Tips fit perfectly! This kit is an all-around chicken dinner!

No leaking at all, simple refill, great flavour (best commercial coil ever), battery life seems great, my Siam Drip Tips fit perfectly! This kit is an all-around chicken dinner!
In many MTLungers opinion the Zenith original took over from the Nautilus as the benchmark for stock coil MTL tanks so good they have kept the same Z coils and fill design while also extending airflow to accommodate RDL which also allows the use of the 3D plexus coils which are just awesome! The aesthetic look of the tank is an hybrid between the OG Zenith and Zlide tank! Some fall victim of thinking they have inserted the coil correctly and then have serious leaking but once they work it out that once it's in they have to find where it clicks further in place yep zero leaking! Only used the Plexus 3D coils previously in AIO/Pod devices with no adjustable airflow and the flavour was great then so now with adjustable airflow and with AC current, different league!

The thing is though however good a commercial coil tank is many like me are always going to prefer to use a rebuildable option so have asked Phil if there are any plans of doing a Zenith RTA or Zenith which will allow for a conversion into an RTA (none of this fiddly tiny RBA coil head nonsense). He replied that designs for both ideas have been submitted to Innokin but any decision will be solely down to them!

I really think that Innokin need to release the mod separately because the Zenith has such a good reputation i don't believe it will really impact sales of the kit yet will interest those that only use rebuildable tanks and don't want to fork out for the whole kit. Already took the opportunity to suggest it to my contact at Innokin today when i got the coded hurry up with the review message lol and how am i liking it? Of course my answer convenient didn't mention when the review would be done (i hate being rushed)!

"Yes really like the tank but need to use that more but also testing with RTA's as many will want to use the mod this way because they much prefer rebuildable tanks and will already have their favourites! Results so far very good! Although i really liked Coil+ it also makes sense sending it to the side-lines as using it with AC current in F0 mode is that good i can't see anyone choosing Coil+ instead of F0! I would also consider making the mod available separately as i don't think it will reduce sales of the Kit but many who do not use stock coil tanks might be put off by having to buy a kit including a tank they will not use but will definitely buy just the mod at a cheaper price!"

Of course what i think probably as next to no impact but at least i made the suggestion!

Instructions from @Timwis "fresh build at your usual 28w but in F0 mode at between 50 to 60hertz and using the Refresh periodically!"

Instructions followed...

Not sure if it's in my mind put there by @Timwis but so far the vape is brilliant... let's see how we go today using the "refresh" occasionally. Thank you Tim!
Coolfire Z80 Dvarw DL 2.jpg Coolfire Z80 Dvarw DL 3.jpg Coolfire Z80 Dvarw DL 4.jpg

Pretty, innovative and very much want, but only 80W :(
I vape between 90W - 95W. So will have to hold out for a new version that does dual battery hopefully.

Pretty, innovative and very much want, but only 80W :(
I vape between 90W - 95W. So will have to hold out for a new version that does dual battery hopefully.
Pod Mod, followed by single 18650, pretty sure dual battery will be next, this new AC tech from Innokin isn't a gimmick it will be what sets then apart (until copied of course) into the future!

I wonder what the device is doing with the "refresh"? It certainly seems to make a difference to the vape. Thanks for telling me to pop a Dvarw on top @Timwis.
Z80 Desk.JPG

I wonder what the device is doing with the "refresh"? It certainly seems to make a difference to the vape. Thanks for telling me to pop a Dvarw on top @Timwis.
View attachment 233671
Instead of pretending i'm intelligent i will just copy and paste Innokin's explanation!

Refresh
Activate refresh whenever you want to improve wicking, revitalize flavours and extend coil life. Refresh powers the coil at 40% of your set wattage, with alternating current, drawing in more liquid into the coil.

Instead of pretending i'm intelligent i will just copy and paste Innokin's explanation!

Refresh
Activate refresh whenever you want to improve wicking, revitalize flavours and extend coil life. Refresh powers the coil at 40% of your set wattage, with alternating current, drawing in more liquid into the coil.
Coil+ which was on the Sensis worked the same but did a mini refresh after every vape while F0 mode doesn't fire after the vape in AC mode at a low wattage but your normal vape is in AC current!

When i first read all the explanations before using the Sensis my opinion was great to see some innovation but wasn't overly convinced it would be any great shakes, but it really does what Innokin claims!

View attachment 233538
I was also surprised how light it is yet not in a cheap way, Innokin have done a great job with the build quality, only a small detail but i love the copper colour edging to the fire button! Simple things please simple minds and all that!

I was also surprised how light it is yet not in a cheap way, Innokin have done a great job with the build quality, only a small detail but i love the copper colour edging to the fire button! Simple things please simple minds and all that!

Size, comfort, new tech, white available, soft leather, simple to use, takes 25mm atties, awesome battery cap and cheap! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Quite a useful chart of all the Z coil options for the Zenith II tank. I bought the Innokin Z80 kit in Ash Grey and liked it so much I bought the kit in Cloudy Grey too. Amazing vape!

Screenshot_20210703-074257_Gallery.jpg

Back