Kanger K1 DNA75

Mods please delete my profile, all these post of new mods is detrimental to my bank balance.

Beautiful, will definitely get one of these

Love the look, but I think 22mm diameter by the specs? Hope not.

22mm and single 18650 meh

Big fan of Kanger, but to be honest their latest offerings, as in the dripbox 160 etc., they seem to be ripping off other manufacturers ideas. Sub box mini was a game changer in the past, but for a company that was at the forefront of new technology they seem to have run out of ideas. Still looks way cool though... In fact I want one.

What exactly is "stabilised wood"??

Its stronger than untreated wood @Huffapuff

Found this reply from another forum:
Stabilizing is a proccess of infusing the pores and grain structure of wood with one of several differant chemicals. This basically turns the wood into a plastic. Untreated wood will over time shrink, expand, swell, absorb water, darken, crack, check, warp, and do many other nasty things. Stabilized wood will stay just as it was on the new knife.

Found that here (1st post from member called R. W. Clark) http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...t-does-the-term-stabilized-wood-mean-and-burl

Perhaps woodmaster @Genosmate can scan the above to tell us if its an accurate descriptiom

Its stronger than untreated wood @Huffapuff

Found this reply from another forum:
Stabilizing is a proccess of infusing the pores and grain structure of wood with one of several differant chemicals. This basically turns the wood into a plastic. Untreated wood will over time shrink, expand, swell, absorb water, darken, crack, check, warp, and do many other nasty things. Stabilized wood will stay just as it was on the new knife.

Found that here (1st post from member called R. W. Clark) http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...t-does-the-term-stabilized-wood-mean-and-burl

Perhaps woodmaster @Genosmate can scan the above to tell us if its an accurate descriptiom
That description looks accurate to me, usually the wood is infused with resin, which looks insanely cool when polished :)

Many years ago what they did to stabilize wood especially for expensive shotgun stocks and hi end loudspeakers was to leave it outside in the elements for two years so that the wood will go through all of the above mentioned phases.

Many years ago what they did to stabilize wood especially for expensive shotgun stocks and hi end loudspeakers was to leave it outside in the elements for two years so that the wood will go through all of the above mentioned phases.

Nothing like a conversation about wood on Wednesday evening.

Back