Kangertech Kbox 200W

I must say I still love all kangertech products. This actually looks very nice.

What do they mean with 200w / 120w? Is it actually 120w with 200w to aid with ramp up time? (sounding very noobish right now).

I think there is going to be 2 different versions??

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

how many mah? does any one know?
They use replaceable 18650's, so basically whatever you put in, ie in the 200W model if you use 2 x 3000mah they are in series so total effective mah is 3000mah.
In the 120w model they use 2 x 18650's in parallel,, ie 2 x 3000mah in parallel will give a total effective 6000mah.

They use replaceable 18650's, so basically whatever you put in, ie in the 200W model if you use 2 x 3000mah they are in series so total effective mah is 3000mah.
In the 120w model they use 2 x 18650's in parallel,, ie 2 x 3000mah in parallel will give a total effective 6000mah.

But as i understand, the series configuration will have higher voltage so will draw less current, so the series batteries will last longer than a single battery of the same mah rating. Hope I am inderstanding correctly?

But as i understand, the series configuration will have higher voltage so will draw less current, so the series batteries will last longer than a single battery of the same mah rating. Hope I am inderstanding correctly?

You got that spot on, Im also fairly sure they wont need to go through as many charge cycles as the parallel configged batts ie they'll have an easier life.

I think they look quite nice, not sure why they have this fascination of using different coloured buttons to the main unit colour.
Dave

I like them too, the Subox, even the new Nebox, they just look easy on the eye.
I'm thinking the contrasting buttons is the designers trying to form a brand identity, you can spot a black Subox with red buttons a mile away.
The other option is that they wanted to jazz it up to offset the plain/boring shape, but Im leaning more towards the brand id thing.

That ridge above the usb port just irks me, the Subox has it too, just the Nebox has a smooth faceplate, someone slipped up there.
I get the feeling that they didnt want folk vinyl wrapping the box which would hide the Kangertech logo, so that ridge will mess the wrap's lines making easy bubbles etc... one would naturally pull it off again, regardless of how small one's OCD is. :)

Looks very comfortable in the hand. Must say I'm a big fan of the black with red buttons. This should be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There goes my wifes Christmas present, I want one...

This is my first high watt mod (previously only had the subox mini kit). Build quality is what I would expect from Kangertech, really happy with that. They again included some stickers to hide colorful batteries showing through the unit. One thing I don't particularly like is the "K" punched out of the battery cover. I'm sure its there for ventilation purposes, and it won't affect me once I have a cover for it, but I'm just not a fan of it.

Anyways, will maybe get a chance to fire it up tonight, will go from there ;)

WP_20160126_001.jpg WP_20160126_002.jpg WP_20160126_003.jpg WP_20160126_004.jpg

So bleak,

Got home and charged up two new brown turds for my KBox. Brought it all to work today, waited till lunch to fire it up. Inserted the batteries (as they specified), the OLED came on, then as soon as I slid the battery cover back on it went dead. Now there is nothing. Take out and re-insert the batteries, and still nothing. I tried pressing all the buttons, 5 clicks, unlock combo, everything. I then tested the batteries on my mini and they are fine, so really can't figure out what it is.

Anyone got some advice on this one?

So bleak,

Got home and charged up two new brown turds for my KBox. Brought it all to work today, waited till lunch to fire it up. Inserted the batteries (as they specified), the OLED came on, then as soon as I slid the battery cover back on it went dead. Now there is nothing. Take out and re-insert the batteries, and still nothing. I tried pressing all the buttons, 5 clicks, unlock combo, everything. I then tested the batteries on my mini and they are fine, so really can't figure out what it is.

Anyone got some advice on this one?
You said it initially came on with the battery cover off. Did you try it again with the cover off & check if it worked?

You said it initially came on with the battery cover off. Did you try it again with the cover off & check if it worked?
Yep, Thought maybe the cover was shorting it somehow, but nothing will drag this thing back to life!

help me understand this mah in series and parallel? i have a cuboid. with 2x 2900mah 18650s. is the cuboid series? does that mean combined its not 5800mah? quite confused? someone ? anybody?

Yep, Thought maybe the cover was shorting it somehow, but nothing will drag this thing back to life!
Dang brother . I can imagine how annoying this must be. Send it back for a new one or refund.

Also , did you try holding the button down for a while maybe instead of clicking ? Try turning it on without a tank. Just spitballing some suggestions

Dang brother . I can imagine how annoying this must be. Send it back for a new one or refund.

Also , did you try holding the button down for a while maybe instead of clicking ? Try turning it on without a tank. Just spitballing some suggestions
Yep and yep! Thanks for the help, even spitballing is better than what I'm getting at this point.

Emailed the supplier at 12h00, tried calling twice since then, but just goes to voicemail. This is the second vendor I have had to chase in 2 days and it is a bit frustrating. I understand that blah blah blah , and that we as a community completely lack patience. But dropping a grand on a mod, not having it work, and not being able to vent to someone is really pissing me off now.

Yep and yep! Thanks for the help, even spitballing is better than what I'm getting at this point.

Emailed the supplier at 12h00, tried calling twice since then, but just goes to voicemail. This is the second vendor I have had to chase in 2 days and it is a bit frustrating. I understand that blah blah blah , and that we as a community completely lack patience. But dropping a grand on a mod, not having it work, and not being able to vent to someone is really pissing me off now.
Hope you come right @Stosta . I would have been going ballistic. The excitement builds up & then the mod doesn't work , I'd give them one hell of a frowning

Back