KnockOFF Juices (cloned and sold as originals)

MR_F

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello all you Beautiful People

How about we have a thread to keep track of all the KnockOff Juices(KO) we come across by posting pics of the Juice if possible and if you want naming the vendor or shop who sold this fake product to you and at what price

the only one i know of so far is the Nasty Juice range ?
and as per THIS now Cuttwood also

Who is carrying liability for the possible legal action for naming and shaming vendors? You, The forum or the individual posters? Where is our resident Legal Eagle?

i for one, would appreciate a way to know a fake from a original.

Be that in pics or some other way.

Perhaps pictures of the original next to fakes? that way no name/shame takes place?

i for one, would appreciate a way to know a fake from a original.

Be that in pics or some other way.

Perhaps pictures of the original next to fakes? that way no name/shame takes place?
Good thinking the 2 side by side confirming that the correct one is in fact original.

Might not be practical to do even a side by side as the intention of the post still remains the same.
And the vendor/person could easily argue that the juice is there take on the original and not a 'clone'

Might not be practical to do even a side by side as the intention of the post still remains the same.
And the vendor/person could easily argue that the juice is there take on the original and not a 'clone'
I think the OP's intentions (as said in the title) is about clones/interpretations sold as originals.

It's happening a lot with Fantasi and Ruthless as well, I've seen them at flea markets etc. Best case scenario it's just bad sportsmanship but worst case, there's some dangerous stuff going into those bottles. Would be useful to see if someone could run some chemical analyses on the fakes.

My Op was NOT for Clone juice recipes but for some one who uses the name of the original juice manufacturer use the identical bottle and design and sells it as the original but at a lower cost thus the reason I said KNOCK OFF
so if this is not allowed can admins please remove thread.I honestly thought this would be appreciated or used as a go to guide for FAKE juices

If a vendor is selling fake juices I certainly want to know so I can avoid buying from them EVER!

I agree completely, fake juice is immoral and can even be downright dangerous.

As for phrasing: let's not confuse fake juice (dodgy vendors selling a fake juice labeled as the original) with clone juice (DIY makers trying to emulate their favourite commercial juice) though :p Although there are some clone juices out there that should be illegal in itself... *looks at the first lychee menthol mix I tried and is still sitting in the cupboard eating a hole through a steel container*

A different spin... This may, as an unintended consequence, actually benefit the offending re-seller by providing free 'advertising' here...

Let's be honest, these guys are selling it as there is a market for it - although 'we' all agree that is not kosher - people still buy it.

If we 'name and shame' it will simply provide a nice shopping list for the folk who are "in to" buying counterfeit juice, ie advertising where they can get the latest counterfeit...

A different spin... This may, as an unintended consequence, actually benefit the offending re-seller by providing free 'advertising' here...

Let's be honest, these guys are selling it as there is a market for it - although 'we' all agree that is not kosher - people still buy it.

If we 'name and shame' it will simply provide a nice shopping list for the folk who are "in to" buying counterfeit juice, ie advertising where they can get the latest counterfeit...

Anyone WANTING to buy counterfeit juice can just go to thier nearest flea market. Not sure anyone would WANT to buy counterfeit juice?

Anyone WANTING to buy counterfeit juice can just go to thier nearest flea market. Not sure anyone would WANT to buy counterfeit juice?

I think they know...It's like buying a counterfeit Nike t shirt at the flea market - you KNOW that it is not the real deal but you do it anyway...I do not think the buyers are that naive that that they have no clue that the Cuttwood is R200 cheaper at the flea market and think that it is the real thing? Perhaps I am naive - but a reasonable person will surely know?
If they are selling it at the same price and the buyer honestly believes that it is authentic, sure and granted.
BUT my point is that this could potentially provide free advertising to the unscrupulous bastards flogging the counterfeit goods.

Sable Square China Town... I its the 2nd or 3rd store on your right if coming from Canal Walk side main entrance.

Discovered fake:

Nasty
Fantasi
Cuttwood

Fantasi confirmed fake as we compared to an authentic. Others assumed fake due to price.

There's a juice called Nasty? Maybe something got lost in the translation from the original Malaysian...

Who is carrying liability for the possible legal action for naming and shaming vendors? You, The forum or the individual posters? Where is our resident Legal Eagle?
The legal consequences can be severe so I would like more information before expressing an opinion.

My Op was NOT for Clone juice recipes but for some one who uses the name of the original juice manufacturer use the identical bottle and design and sells it as the original but at a lower cost thus the reason I said KNOCK OFF
so if this is not allowed can admins please remove thread.I honestly thought this would be appreciated or used as a go to guide for FAKE juices
I really like your idea.

@boxerulez IF the information posted is true and correct, with evidence, and in public interest no liabilty.. as per our legal eagles post in me asking about posting the pink battery saga on social media. And I quote ...

Publishing the link on social media would not attract any form of liability in the form of defamation provided the information published is true and in the public interest. In this particular case we would be fine on both fronts. What I would warn against is publishing any of the thread comments which are aimed at the integrity or honesty of the vendor. I personally believe we have every right to warn the inexperienced vape enthusiast who doesn't have the privilege of being privy to the expertise available on our forum. These batteries have the potential to be extremely dangerous or even fatal if they fail.

So If I read this correctly, keep to the point, with evidence and do not start name calling.

@boxerulez IF the information posted is true and correct, with evidence, and in public interest no liabilty.. as per our legal eagles post in me asking about posting the pink battery saga on social media. And I quote ...

So If I read this correctly, keep to the point, with evidence and do not start name calling.
Could not have said it better @Anneries. The test revolves around a second leg in that it must not only be true but publication must be in the public interest.
Passing off a juice as an original when knowing it is patently a fake could attract both civil and criminal liability. Such conduct constitutes fraud if a purchaser who was misled into buying a fake believing it was an original felt strongly enough about it and laid a charge. The original manufacturer could institute civil claims relating to piracy and loss of revenue and possible loss of reputation and future earnings if this occurs due to the quality of the fake.
I would not encourage rushing out and making potentially defamatory statements unless you sure of your facts and can substantiate your allegations. Remember he who makes the allegation of piracy bears the onus of proof. On the flip side you would have no issue in respect public interest if fakes are being passed off as originals.

Hello all you Beautiful People

How about we have a thread to keep track of all the KnockOff Juices(KO) we come across by posting pics of the Juice if possible and if you want naming the vendor or shop who sold this fake product to you and at what price

the only one i know of so far is the Nasty Juice range ?
and as per THIS now Cuttwood also

I feel that vapers should just buy from reputable vendors...simple. There are a list of them on this very forum.

I cannot take the rep from Cuttwood seriously with comments such as "Many have come to enjoy the product we make and unfortunately is not around in SA anymore. I would strongly advise you not buying any Cuttwood from any retailer as i have not sold a single bottle into SA for quite some time now."

Especially when you can buy Cuttwood product from 80% of e juice wholesalers in the USA as @atomicvapes does.

To those in the southern suburbs, CPT, will know. There are many shops (not vape shops thankfully) such as SoundTech in Hyper ottery stock clone international juices. They have milkman, vgod and many other big international juices for around R150 a 60ml. The packaging looks legit but the juices are not. Clone international juices tend to be very common in cape Town, sigh

Only saw this thread now and im abit concerned. I bought a bottle of fantasi orange for R265 60ml in canal walk by one of the shops in the walk through and worried now that it might be fake. How do u know if they fake or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Would like to add to this thread that I visited a flea market today in the East Rand and was shocked that every bubbly shop there about 6 at least were selling selling "fake/cloned juices under the original name. Jam Monster, French Dude, Kilo, Barry even Hazeworks to name a few at ridiculous prices. ( Jam Monster R120 for 120ml ) and let me tell you those shops were packed. Now that can't be right! But the kicker here is that they also selling fake hardware because a Pico kit can't be R100. Now to me selling a fong kong product that could short or possibly explode because corners have been cut is not on and potentially dangerous to the public for one and vaping itself.
If anyone needs more info from me to try stop this you are welcome to PM me.
Just needed to express this as it was weighing on my heart.
Thanks

I can forsee this causing a major threat for the legit vaping community and stores if not handled asap coz if it comes to light especially to non vapers or people wanting to enter the vaping community, many disturbing questions will need to answered and can cause alot of strife long run

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back