Kroma-A 75W TC with Zenith - Innokin

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Kroma-A 75W TC with Zenith Kit from Innokin. The Kroma-A 75W TC with Zenith Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Innokin.

https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/kroma-a&zenith/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Kroma-A MOD
1x Zenith Atomizer (1.6ohm coil pre-installed)
1x Extra 0.8ohm coil
1x Extra drip tip
1x Extra O-ring pack
1x INNOKIN Vape Band
1x Micro USB Cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Kit comes in very good packaging and once opened i could instantly see a lot of thought has been put into the ergonomics of this short but substantial device. Both sides have a grip texture in black that goes from bottom left to top right of the device which covers the entire spine, the device has very much a pistol style grip with curved fire button which follows the curve of the front of the device. The device feels great in the hand with the fire button in the perfect position. The Kroma-A comes in a few different colours but as far as i can tell just the two colour options with this kit, all Black and Black and White (the one i received). One side of the device has a panel which follows the contours of the grip, i can only describe the shape as an upside down hockey stick, the top of this panel houses a plaque which say's " Platform Series", the rest of the panel houses the screen. The opposite side as a lined design which again follows the contours of the grip with "INNOKIN" printed above, the front of the device has the already mentioned fire button at the top and +, - buttons and USB port towards the bottom. The base of the device has safety stamps, then moving to the top to one side we have a Black 510 plate which stands out with the rest of top being white, the 510 appears to be gold plated and is spring loaded. The overall build quality of the device is very high quality and is a very nice design.

Zenith Specs:

Diameter: 24.7 x 58.2mm(4ml)/ 24.7 x 48.9mm(2ml)
Capacity: 4ml(standard Version)/ 2ml(TPD Version)
Innovative MTL atomizer with outstanding vape
Convenient top fill twist design without leaking
Adjustable bottom airflow control
Easy replacement coil design
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: SS, Black, Red, White

Zenith Overview

I am very impressed with the design of the Zenith and was happy to see although when sold separately it comes in SS, Black and Red, they have included a White version with the White Kroma-A device. Despite being very much a MTL tank, with the 0.8 coil and airflow fully open a restricted DL vape is possible so a starter can at least give it a try to see which future vaping style they might adopt, for those that decide to stick with MTL the Zenith is a top notch tank. The 510 pin is actually attached to each coil with the base having a hole to allow the 510 to protrude through and to fit the coil in place it just needs to be pushed into the air pipe, it really doesn't get any easier. Also filling the tank is so simple, a great top-fill method that requires no removal of the top-cap, just simply turn the top (clearly labelled) and a large filling slot appears, after filling turn to seal. The tank comes with a pre-installed 1.6 coil rated at 10-14w which i found gave a great cool MTL vape at 12w the other supplied coil is a 0.8 rated at 14-18w which gave a warmer vape and i enjoyed this right up at 18w. The flavour of both coils was excellent and very smooth and because when i MTL i like it quite airy i had the airflow three quarters open but the airflow is a series of small holes allowing the user to close it down to however tight they want their draw. Included in the kit is 2 different shaped 510 drip-tips but you can fit your own if you prefer also all threading and resistance on moving parts are perfect.

Kroma-A Specs:

Size: 72 x 47 x 24mm
Max Wattage: 75W
Battery type: Internal 2000mAh
Mode: VV/VW/TC(SS316, Ni200, Ti)
Suitable tank: most 510 thread atomizers
Thread: Spring-loaded 510 thread
Ultra compact rapid response vaporizer
Precise 6-75W output for the best of MTL and DTL vaping
Colours: Black, White

Using the Kroma-A

Like the included Zenith, the Kroma-A is very simple to use so i won't be waffling on too much boring you in this section. To turn the device on and off is 3 clicks of the fire button, whenever a tank is screwed on it gives you the choice of SAME, Ni, Ti, SS or W and once you make your choice the resistance is locked in. The Screen has all the information you need with wattage taking centre stage when in wattage mode, this changes to temperature when in temp control. It also displays resistance, voltage (changes to wattage in temp control), battery status and vape duration. As well as the battery status icon, the surround of the fire button lights up when vaping in a colour to reflect the status of the battery, green when over half battery, Amber when below half and Red when very low. Going through the menu is a doddle just hold the + and fire together and it goes through the modes, wattage, Ni, Ti and SS. When in wattage holding down the + will start the wattage display to flash which now allows you to adjust it using the + and - buttons, the same applies with the temperature when in temperature control. When in temperature control pressing the - and fire buttons together will start the wattage flashing, you can now adjust the wattage for temp control. That's it! such a simple device to use.

Performance

Can't fault the performance of both the Kroma-A device or Zenith tank. It fires instantly and everything seems very accurate, and the fire button feels very nice to use. The flavour of the coils included where very good giving a flavoursome smooth MTL vape. Although the width of the device is 24mm when i fitted my 25mm Zeus i needed to look very closely to notice the slight overhang so in my opinion a 25mm looks fine. With the low wattage's i vaped at with the Zenith tank and efficiency of the device i got very good battery life with the 2000mAh inbuilt battery but if using the device at higher wattage's a 3000mAh would of been much better.

Conclusion

This was one of my shortest reviews because the strength of this kit is it's simplicity which makes it ideal for starters, but many MTL vapers who are not bothered about having features like curves and don't mind internal batteries will also like the accuracy and performance of this kit.

Pros

Great starter kit
High build quality
Good design
Ergonomically sound
Very simple to use
Temp Control
Good battery life for tank provided
Efficient
Accurate
Zenith very good MTL tank
Excellent smooth flavour
Simple top-fill system

Cons

2000mAh not great if using with other tanks
No extra features like custom curves

I would once again like to thank Innokin for sending the Kroma-A 75W TC with Zenith Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/kroma-a&zenith/

Back