Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

Help please peeps, i have a tendency to do stupid things and dont wanna damage something.
How does one re-seat the positive block?

Help please peeps, i have a tendency to do stupid things and dont wanna damage something.
How does one re-seat the positive block?

Just to add on.. Step by step with nice lighting and clear pics will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

I simply removed the 510 pin. Its just a short screw type thing then the postive block will be loose.
I then make sure it looks flush with everything and hold it down firmly against the rest of the deck and screw the the 510 in untill it wont turn anymore.

I Would do picture but my phones camera is really kak. LOL

It also seems that it cant be removed (postive block) or atleast i didnt try. so dont worry you wont break it.
but i must say 4 tanks now and still bone dry! I can finally say this tank lived up to my hype about it.

I simply removed the 510 pin. Its just a short screw type thing then the postive block will be loose.
I then make sure it looks flush with everything and hold it down firmly against the rest of the deck and screw the the 510 in untill it wont turn anymore.

I Would do picture but my phones camera is really kak. LOL

Will check it out when my tanks empty...
Give me 5 min :-D

Such a school boy error.

Guess I need one now. Face off against the Engine and Engine nano.

The Block looked like it was seated fine.
Never the less i loosened it re seated it.
Will report back.

@Clouds4Days
Mine also look perfect and i was like, Oh well rebuild for nothing. but in the end it worked.

@spiv
I was keen on a Engine/nano and then i was watching one of waynes videos and he reckons that top airflow only give you the top notes and he said that bottom and side airflow seems to give the best flavour. thats why i was really keen on this as it as bottom and side.
and the fact that i can fit 4mm dual 4x28g fused clapton in this with space to spare is just amazing. really happy with it.

Based on a lot of pain and anguish I'm rather glad I got one that was put together correctly! Getting a leaky tank is more than annoying! :-@

Yeah, I'm that guy that basically gave mine away but I did do the postive block, insulator reseating thing and it seemd to cure it for a few refills and then it came back.:(

Maybe I just had a dud. Maybe it's just too finicky for me.

Expecting the courier any moment now with my Ammit Dual - if it does the same then watch out for a bargain in the classifieds :)

I'd redone all of these "tricks" last night , this was probably the 20th time I've done it with horrible leaking/condensation every time. Also removed the 3.5mm ID flat alien that was giving me incredible flavour and replaced it with a 8 wrap 4mm ID 22g kp kanthal. No juice leakage yet. Will test it out this morning and if it leaks/condenses... It's going in the gorge. Won't sell someone a faulty tank.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Same here. Was good for one tank yesterday and leaking again today. Anyone have feedback whether the Ammit dual v2 also suffers from this?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Im sad to report. my slight condensation has returned.it was gone for 2 days.
It must be a design flaw.

Getting massive leaking on the black Kylin :( into my 510

@Vitblitz
Yeah. you could try the reseating of the postive block but more than likely it will come back.
i basically have accepted it and remove my tank once a day (sometimes twice) and clean it.
I honestly think its really disappointing that vandy vapes or vendors cant do a recall or some type of compensation.
This is the last hype train i jump on. Next time ill watch and see what happens first.
I still love the tank for its flavour and other aspects.

@Vitblitz
Yeah. you could try the reseating of the postive block but more than likely it will come back.
i basically have accepted it and remove my tank once a day (sometimes twice) and clean it.
I honestly think its really disappointing that vandy vapes or vendors cant do a recall or some type of compensation.
This is the last hype train i jump on. Next time ill watch and see what happens first.
I still love the tank for its flavour and other aspects.

Thanks man I will try it, I see with the new coloured versions they say improved deck so ya im kinda feeling like vandy used the ss and black versions of the icon as beta product.

Both Icon and Kylin got improvements on the next batch (coloured version)
....leaves us that jumped on the hype wagon with egg on face.

But I still love the flavour of both.

Edit: going to try move the coils up and in a bit and try rewick a bit better as per Mike Vapes video on the kylin vs amit

Alternative way of wicking if you guys want to try it out, not sure if it will help with the leaky tanks though

Mine also still has the leaking issue, tried the reseating thing already (even though it was sitting perfect already) but no luck.
Luckily only using this tank at home cause my AL85 needs a new bat every 2 hours running the Kylin on it :-D

But even with this flaw i cant seem to get rid of the Kylin because there is no replacement for it "in its price bracket" that produces the flavour i get from this bad boy.

Any one tried out the Amit dual coil yet?

I have tried everything, the best I can get it if the glass is correct way around (I have noticed that my 6ml glass is slightly wider on one side) and I wick with minimal cotton, it only leaks if I don't close the juice flow and air flow and leave it standing.

It destroyed my minikin and a pair of chocs :( juice flowed inside the mod overnight.

I do like this tank though.....the leak battle is big

My friend bought a Kylin after trying mine and being super impressed by the tank, he's struggling with leaking/excessive condensation through the base so he asked me to build and wick his as mine gets a lil sweaty but that's it. I removed the 510 and reseated the positive block, built and wicked exactly the way I do mine. First tank was perfect, end of the second tank was back to the mod having juice all over the top, beneath the tank. When I removed the 510 I noticed a difference between mine and his Kylin that could be the issue, the 510 pin on his is 2 pieces, the screw that makes contact on the mods 510 and a longer screw that holds the positive block that smaller screw fits into. On mine it's just 1 long screw from positive block protruding out to make contact with the mods 510. I don't have any pics as I didn't wanna stuff up my build so I'll take some when I have to rebuild but I reckon maybe the Kylins with the split 510 setup may be the leaky 1s

So returned my Kylin to the kind Sirs on Thursday and received a replacement from them this morning. Going to build it in about 1 hour and will give feedback. Holding thumbs.

Back