Likes, Trophy Points, Etc.

360twin

ex vaper
LV

Awards
I suppose a bit of a 'noob' question, but this is probably the right place for it - what's the purpose of all those Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree, Nuke poster's HDD, etc. options on the bottom of a post? I guess the Like concept is from FaceBook (although I deleted my FB account soon after getting a message from an ex-GF - you can guess how that went down with the wife :oops:). My take on it is they are a quick 'reply' option; instead of creating a post saying '+1' or whatever, you can just hit the 'Agree' button. Or not?

But then what the Hell are 'Trophy points'? Do you get some free vape gear if you get enough? Or a free bottle of e-juice from the swap club that no-one else wants? An animated Gif as an avatar? A Noddy badge?

If this has been answered elsewhere, won't someone please point me in the right direction o_O

I think I understand why they would have the agree or like and trophy points. .. so that new comers could know who the experienced okes are and be weary about taking advice from noobs(like me). I could be wrong though.

But anyway. .. heres a noddy badge for asking:p

IMG_20140224_025034.jpg

i see it the same; its often not necessary to just agree by making another post. keeping things tidy.
The medals and trophy points are just another nice way to honor the long serving members, and make it easier to identify the specialities of some (i.e. coil builder medal). so, if @TylerD shows us another coil his verdict should be quite accurate ;)

Thanks, guys. And thank you to Shane for the Noddy badge :D

Personally I was kinda above the whole trophy points thing - I thought it distracted from what a forum is supposed to be, but I figured well, if other people like it, I can certainly live with it..

Then I got my first Medal...omgomgomgomgomg now I want MORE! MAUR I tell you!!!!

.....anyway, heh, not that important, but adds a bit of fun to the forum IMO

EDIT: Which reminds me @Gizmo - I was notified that I got a Reward for 1k posts - but there's no medal?

Last edited:
@Matthee Something that just became apparent - how about the addition of a 'Oops, sorry!' button, for when you inadvertently get carried away and end up hijacking a thread, and then want to apologise but that would only add to the problem? Just a thought.

@Matthee Something that just became apparent - how about the addition of a 'Oops, sorry!' button, for when you inadvertently get carried away and end up hijacking a thread, and then want to apologise but that would only add to the problem? Just a thought.
I like that a lot! Something for our esteemed forum builder, upkeeper and innovator, @Gizmo to consider. I do know it is not that easy to just do a button...he has said that about a "thank you" button.

Yes, a 'Thank you' button would also be useful. Maybe he could replace the 'Dislike' and 'Dumb' buttons with these two, as who needs those?

I like that a lot! Something for our esteemed forum builder, upkeeper and innovator, @Gizmo to consider. I do know it is not that easy to just do a button...he has said that about a "thank you" button.

I'm not sure @Gizmo is listening... I'm sure he has pitched a tent on the tarmac at OR Tambo waiting for the jet plane to bring him his stock! :D

I have a silly question... :) how do i get the ecigs sa banner to stay updated on my signature...?

See some forumites use the one I use below. Just click on it and it will take you to that site to fill in your particulars.

FYI I am 6 feet 8 inches tall, 147kg's and need to get rid of some serious frustrations. I will be at the vape meet, so please go for the nomination/s ;)

FYI I am 6 eet 8 inches tall, 147kg's and need to get rid of some serious frustrations. I will be at the vape meet, so please go for the nomination/s ;)

Ooooooo... so scarey! OK in this case nominations from anyone outside Gangster Land! :D

Ok, I am prepared to nominate....let me just quickly remove my location:). And for threatening other members Your Honour should add at least another elephant.

Koringberg is not far from my organge farmer friend and I'm due for a visit there :D

Koringberg is not far from my organge farmer friend and I'm due for a visit there :D
Oh, great - we can vape on the stoep and drink some of that organic wine. And find more ways to accrue fines.

Back