Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Covid patients in Hong Kong are sleeping in beds on the street as hospitals struggle with Omicron wave​

18 Feb. 2022

1645197988417.png

• Hong Kong's hospitals are so overwhelmed that they no longer have room for new patients.
  • People with Covid-19 infections waiting to get admitted were seen lying in beds outside.
  • The spillover from hospitals continued well into Thursday, with some people being given thermal blankets while sleeping on the street.
... The island is currently grappling with the fifth wave of Covid-19 infections. On February 17, Hong Kong reported 6,116 Covid-19 infections on the island. In the seven-day period from February 11 to February 17, there was an average of 2,611 daily cases, a massive leap from the previous six-day period — from February 4 to February 10 — when the city saw an average of 601 daily cases. .. "

Some updates regarding the dosing schedule.

As of Wednesday you only need to wait 21 days between the first two Pfizer jabs.
And for booster you can get either Pfizer or J&J.

FB_IMG_1645382885248.jpg
FB_IMG_1645382894041.jpg

Cape Town becomes home to first mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub on the African continent​

21 Feb. 2022

"South Africa and the World Health Organization have announced the first African beneficiaries of the very first mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub on the African continent.

Located at Afrigen Biologics and Vaccines in Cape Town, the mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub will capacitate and facilitate low to middle-income countries to enable the production of mRNA vaccines through training centres and will work with a network of technology recipients (spokes) from these countries..."

Cape Town becomes home to first mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub on the African continent​

21 Feb. 2022

"South Africa and the World Health Organization have announced the first African beneficiaries of the very first mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub on the African continent.

Located at Afrigen Biologics and Vaccines in Cape Town, the mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub will capacitate and facilitate low to middle-income countries to enable the production of mRNA vaccines through training centres and will work with a network of technology recipients (spokes) from these countries..."
I have to laugh at this, as we had the ability to manufacture vaccines in the early 90's, (and dating back to the 60's) ... One of these research centres was fairly close to me in Sandringham JHB, and was deemed unnecessary by our government :oops:
It gets better though, as they recently bulldozed the headstones of all the graves housing bodies of ex patients of the attached fever hospital, and plans are afoot to develop the area as residential, retaining the Fever Hospital as a HIV Centre, (whatever a HIV Centre may be?).

Last edited:
I have to laugh at this, as we had the ability to manufacture vaccines in the early 90's, (and dating back to the 60's) ... One of these research centres was fairly to me in Sandringham JHB, and was deemed unnecessary by our government :oops:
It gets better though, as they recently bulldozed the headstones of all the graves housing bodies of ex patients of the attached fever hospital, and plans are afoot to develop the area as residential, retaining the Fever Hospital as a HIV Centre, (whatever a HIV Centre may be?).
An HIV Excellence Centre is for complicated cases of HIV/AIDS requiring more expertise in their management...

Back