Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Calls To Poison Control Centers Spike After President Trump’s Disinfectant Comments
https://iheartintelligence.com/call...-after-president-trumps-disinfectant-comments

"New York City’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene says it has been receiving a higher-than-usual number of calls after President Donald Trump speculated that injecting disinfectants could be used as a treatment for COVID-19...

During Thursday’s press briefing, the President played around with the possibility of disinfectants working as a treatment to the coronavirus.
“I see the disinfectant — where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

When asked about his comments the next day, Trump said he was being sarcastic.

Jawohl Frau @Himml... ich mein @Hooked

O Bože, kakva tvrdoglava žena, gora od nemačke okupacije.
Ja govorim, čitam i pišem pet slavskih jezika, tri na ćirilici a ti pokušavas da me učis zato što misliš da si pila sa nekim rusima.

Just imagine how would some people feel if I start butchering Afrikaans on this forum, or if I start teaching you English. Think about it and then you can rest your whatever you want.
Also, bitte scheiß auch nicht auf Deutsch @alex1501

But I agree, you are right about the "cheers". I prefer the classic "za dam" or however you would spell it.

was there the day it closed, seems to be the new norm with more and more shops closings. Makes me wonder if this “level 4” is a smart idea.

@RayDeny Gosh, how awful! Imagine knowing that you've just been shopping in a store where someone had tested positive. Of course it could happen anyway that other shoppers might be positive, but we don't know about it!

Our Spare has put up perspex screens in front of the cashiers, but to me they're pointless (the screens, that is, not the cashiers). The screen is directly in front of the till, but one still has to unpack the groceries on to the counter to the side of the till and the the credit card machine is still operated to the side of the till. There is a slot at the bottom of the screen through which one is supposed to push the groceries through to the cashier but how? The slot is about big enough for a chocolate but nothing else. Oh well, at least the tills are well-protected :-D

Need to get to bed early tonight. Excited to start working again tomorrow. No more of this sleeping late till 7am in the mornings, normal routine of 4am wake up to commence again. Going to take a while to get used to this again. For all of you still in LD, hang tight, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!

Need to get to bed early tonight. Excited to start working again tomorrow. No more of this sleeping late till 7am in the mornings, normal routine of 4am wake up to commence again. Going to take a while to get used to this again. For all of you still in LD, hang tight, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!
Glad you got paroled , will miss your witty little comments - bly veilig bro.

DAY 32 06:50
Lockdown inmates , good morning from a cold JHB , Had some decent rain last night so there is a small cold front sneaking into the house .
Nothing to report yet .

Calls To Poison Control Centers Spike After President Trump’s Disinfectant Comments
https://iheartintelligence.com/call...-after-president-trumps-disinfectant-comments

"New York City’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene says it has been receiving a higher-than-usual number of calls after President Donald Trump speculated that injecting disinfectants could be used as a treatment for COVID-19...

During Thursday’s press briefing, the President played around with the possibility of disinfectants working as a treatment to the coronavirus.
“I see the disinfectant — where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

When asked about his comments the next day, Trump said he was being sarcastic.
WTF ????

3 day's before lvl 4 lockdown and I ran out of liquid. Saw the husband hiding under the couch next to our cat that is scared of the rain.
Not sure what hubby is scared of...:WINKINGFACE:

3 day's before lvl 4 lockdown and I ran out of liquid. Saw the husband hiding under the couch next to our cat that is scared of the rain.
Not sure what hubby is scared of...:WINKINGFACE:
I have been dry for nearly a week now...It does not get any easier...well, at least for me...Good luck!

First day back has been a massive paperwork exercise. Been medically screening employees the whole morning. All seem fit and healthy which is great news. This will be a daily occurrence for the foreseeable future. Lots of forms and a new EHS procedure to draft today. Good to be back at work. Stay strong fellow Forumites!

First day back has been a massive paperwork exercise. Been medically screening employees the whole morning. All seem fit and healthy which is great news. This will be a daily occurrence for the foreseeable future. Lots of forms and a new EHS procedure to draft today. Good to be back at work. Stay strong fellow Forumites!
Glad to see you can still sneak in a quick ''hello'' from work , take care & stay safe .

Back