Manufacturers' names of mods

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
I would love to know what the process is in naming a new mod on the market. Some of the names are mind-boggling. Here's a list which I've been compiling.

Demon Killer Magic Hat
Demon Killer Sniper
EUGENE Growl
EUGENE Lighthouse Manual Carving Mech Mod
Hammer of God HOG V4
Hugsvape Surge Squonk
LE Jazz RDA
Limitless Arms Race
Little Red Riding Hood – Demon Killer Magic Hat Tank
Noname Pole Dance RDA Clone
Purge Serenity Koi Fish
Purge Slam Piece
Purge Suicide Queen
Stove Top RDA
Think Vape Sailboat Baby
VandyVape Phobia

And this one get me every time I read it:
Lost Vape Paranormal
I keep thinking that someone has lost their vape under paranormal circumstances!

And this one:
Hellvape Dead Rabbit.
Sometimes I see posts on FB saying, "Looking for a Dead Rabbit in Centurion area." What???

Seriously ... who concocts these ridiculous names? I certainly wouldn't want to vape a Koi fish or a Suicide Queen!

And now ... let's have some fun. If you were to launch a new mod on the market, what would you call it?

Generally it either occurs one of two ways

Either:
1) The designer of the mod from the team whos design was gets to name his/her creation (in the same way someone who discovers a planet names it)

2) The marketing team decides on it with a basis of what sounds appealing to its target market which in this day and age is usually in their teens or early twenties. Its the same with most modern products.

And just for poops and giggles

Id create a mech mod tube and name it a BoomStix

I would love to know what the process is in naming a new mod on the market. Some of the names are mind-boggling. Here's a list which I've been compiling.

Demon Killer Magic Hat
Demon Killer Sniper
EUGENE Growl
EUGENE Lighthouse Manual Carving Mech Mod
Hammer of God HOG V4
Hugsvape Surge Squonk
LE Jazz RDA
Limitless Arms Race
Little Red Riding Hood – Demon Killer Magic Hat Tank
Noname Pole Dance RDA Clone
Purge Serenity Koi Fish
Purge Slam Piece
Purge Suicide Queen
Stove Top RDA
Think Vape Sailboat Baby
VandyVape Phobia

And this one get me every time I read it:
Lost Vape Paranormal
I keep thinking that someone has lost their vape under paranormal circumstances!

And this one:
Hellvape Dead Rabbit.
Sometimes I see posts on FB saying, "Looking for a Dead Rabbit in Centurion area." What???

Seriously ... who concocts these ridiculous names? I certainly wouldn't want to vape a Koi fish or a Suicide Queen!

And now ... let's have some fun. If you were to launch a new mod on the market, what would you call it?

And just fo a little bit of history...

As for the company Hellvape I am uncertain but for the name Dead Rabbit...

All of the dead rabbit related products and itself such as the priest cap and butcher cap all relate to a specific movie and Dead Rabbits is actually a gang in the movie so Heathen named it after the gang because he liked it or something.

If you buy a priest cap or a butcher cap and look inside youll be greated by a quote:
15374872127341480792560.jpg

This was from the preist cap the butcher has a different one. These are characters/gangs from the movie and quotes said in it.

Check out Heathens video where he introduces the Dead Rabbit RDA for more details.

Pretty sure Stove Top just refers to the coil build

I guess it's because you can name a product that you designed whatever the hell you want. So if I want to name an RDA that I designed "Crash Test Dummy" then I have the freedom to do so, whether people find it funny or weird or not. How people get to the names they choose we'll probably never really know....lol. I'm ok with it. I laugh at some of them, but then just move on and forget about the funny of it.
I was also like "WTF?" with the Dead Rabbit, but I have two of them now and they're awesome and I don't even think about the funny side (or weird) of the name anymore.

I don't understand why Odis would name its new Billet Box RDTA the BOXXER.

The Hugo Vapor BOXER mods have been around for ages and are well known. What's next? The SSKYFALL (the reference to SXK is intended).

Either:
1) The designer of the mod from the team whos design was gets to name his/her creation (in the same way someone who discovers a planet names it)

2) The marketing team decides on it with a basis of what sounds appealing to its target market which in this day and age is usually in their teens or early twenties. Its the same with most modern products.

Someone beat you to it... sorry bud

upload_2018-9-21_6-46-9.png

Either:

its been taken. there already a tube mech called Boomstick

I still cannot get over Voopoo

My wife seems to agree as i bought her a VooPoo Mojo...

Perhaps VooPoo is meant to be Voodoo but the Poo part in Voopoo is upside down? Seeing at how crazy these names are, anything is possible. Wright it on a piece of paper and turn it upside down and read back words...

Okay i admit, im just trying to get a reason to make it sound better...lol

I don't understand why Odis would name its new Billet Box RDTA the BOXXER.

The Hugo Vapor BOXER mods have been around for ages and are well known. What's next? The SSKYFALL (the reference to SXK is intended).

Oh that's a lousy thing of Odis to do. Are they so unsure of themselves that they have to (almost) copy someone else in order to possibly confuse buyers? Hugo Vapor must be pretty p....d off but there's nothing that they can do I suppose. It just goes to show the difference that just one letter of the alphabet can make.

My wife seems to agree as i bought her a VooPoo Mojo...

Perhaps VooPoo is meant to be Voodoo but the Poo part in Voopoo is upside down? Seeing at how crazy these names are, anything is possible. Wright it on a piece of paper and turn it upside down and read back words...

Okay i admit, im just trying to get a reason to make it sound better...lol

Perhaps the person who named it couldn't spell it the "wright" way. o_O

Oh that's a lousy thing of Odis to do. Are they so unsure of themselves that they have to (almost) copy someone else in order to possibly confuse buyers? Hugo Vapor must be pretty p....d off but there's nothing that they can do I suppose. It just goes to show the difference that just one letter of the alphabet can make.
Well it is a box and it does fit into a box.
I think the name was chosen appropriately as the name explains the form and function of the atomizer.

On the Arms Race - AFAIK, it was named this because the battery door is supposed to resemble an AR Magazine being inserted.

Voopoo is really the worst. The other odd names are fine but Voopoo just makes you think of poo - you really can't get away from it.

What bugs me way more than the names are the designs. Squonkers in general look OK, if simple but there are so many mods, especially dual battery mods that look terrible - who designs this crap?

All of the dead rabbit related products and itself such as the priest cap and butcher cap all relate to a specific movie and Dead Rabbits is actually a gang in the movie so Heathen named it after the gang because he liked it or something.

Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York.

It's almost as brutal as the Hazers v the Postman Army.

Short evocative names stick in people's minds, and most of these are edgy and appeal to the younger edge master.

If I could name a mod it would be the m'lady.
The RDA would be the NPK "nothing personal kid"

Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York.

It's almost as brutal as the Hazers v the Postman Army.

One of the best movies ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short evocative names stick in people's minds, and most of these are edgy and appeal to the younger edge master.

If I could name a mod it would be the m'lady.
The RDA would be the NPK "nothing personal kid"
Like postman's FP? ;):p

Back