My first step into RDA's! Any advice?

Moshe

I'm not perfect but I am a limited edition
LV

Awards
Just built my first coil on my new Magma clone.
Very proud of my new baby.
28G 1.8ohms.
Any advise on how to improve?
Looking forward to the JHB vape meet to learn a few tricks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 127
Just built my first coil on my new Magma clone.
Very proud of my new baby.
28G 1.8ohms.
Any advise on how to improve?
Looking forward to the JHB vape meet to learn a few tricks.
Looking good. Great coiling there imo. For the iStick you need to build a coil around 1.0 ohm to be really be able to use the power of the iStick and get closer to what the Magma is actually capable of.

Looking good. Great coiling there imo. For the iStick you need to build a coil around 1.0 ohm to be really be able to use the power of the iStick and get closer to what the Magma is actually capable of.

Thanks man. Good advice, I'm busy with that as we speak.

Why you using the eGo adaptor for the Magma?

I thought someone was gonna ask.
The Magma 510 is very long and the beauty ring allows me to adjust for the gap.
Also I worry about damaging the thread and contact on the istick changing tanks as often as I do, much cheaper to buy a new 510 to ego adapter.
Lastly it lifts the airflow hole on the nautilus and kangtech away from my finger.
Looks silly I know but I'm not worried about looks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 89
Nice good work man, looks good. Sounds like we're at the same place coil wise, we'll have to compare notes at the meet.

I only really run my Magma on a mech, i've found the sweet spot for me is about 0.45 ohms, I did build it at 0.8 to run on my eVic Supreme, but thats a really heavy combo, so i didn't use it for very long

The coil and wick setup look perfect, good job @Moshe

Nice good work man, looks good. Sounds like we're at the same place coil wise, we'll have to compare notes at the meet.

Thanks bud.

Definitely, I look forward to it!

We can have a coil off.

What you building on at the moment bud?

I only really run my Magma on a mech, i've found the sweet spot for me is about 0.45 ohms, I did build it at 0.8 to run on my eVic Supreme, but thats a really heavy combo, so i didn't use it for very long

I'd love to try mine at sub ohm but my battery just won't do it.

So you enjoying the Magma?

I've noticed that when I first build my coils and wick them, the tast and vapor production is great but it also seems to get better and better over time.

Does anyone know if the wick or coil "matures" maybe?

I was thinking maybe the wicks capillary action may get better the more you use it and will maybe get better until eventually it starts to clog then it will deteriorate.

Anyone else experience this and if so do you have any thoughts to get the most out of your wicks?

I'm using organic cotton.

I've noticed that when I first build my coils and wick them, the tast and vapor production is great but it also seems to get better and better over time.

Does anyone know if the wick or coil "matures" maybe?

I was thinking maybe the wicks capillary action may get better the more you use it and will maybe get better until eventually it starts to clog then it will deteriorate.

Anyone else experience this and if so do you have any thoughts to get the most out of your wicks?

I'm using organic cotton.

I find the exact opposite! Especially with Organic Cotton... I change Organic cotton once a day... there is nothing quite like that first magic hour of a new wick for me... that's why I love Rayon so much because it give me that magic hour all day!

I find the exact opposite! Especially with Organic Cotton... I change Organic cotton once a day... there is nothing quite like that first magic hour of a new wick for me... that's why I love Rayon so much because it give me that magic hour all day!

Oh really. That's interesting.
I'll try get hold of some rayon and give it a try.

Thanks for the input.

I have Japanese cotton and I personally can't tell the difference between it and my organic cotton from Dischem.

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

I have Japanese cotton and I personally can't tell the difference between it and my organic cotton from Dischem.

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

Good to know, I'll go straight for the Rayon.

Thanks.

I find that there is bedding time for my wicks, takes 20-30 hits for it to really start giving me great performance. I change them about every 3rd day.

I find that there is bedding time for my wicks, takes 20-30 hits for it to really start giving me great performance. I change them about every 3rd day.

Yah I found that too.

I try (really difficult) to let the tank stand for a few minutes after filling it to let the wick saturate and since I have a Magma it needs to find its way into a lot of cotton.

So glad I took your advise.

Built a duel coil that came out at 1.3 (was aiming for 1.1).

Hitting it at 20w as we speak and vapor production is through the roof.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 43
This might be the the worst question and the answer might very well be somewhere i havent looked yet but.... where can i get my hands on some rayon?

Back