My Sigelei 90W Plus TC is haunted

yobbo

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
So within the last week, my Sigelei mod seems to have been possessed... this morning around 4am I jumped out of bed with the sound of my mod happily firing away, with this being one of many in the last week.

Now I can only assume that due to my very drooly Serpent RTA leaked enough juice down into the fire button that it has started playing havoc, has anybody experienced anything like this or knows of a way of taking it apart to attempt cleaning the area behind the fire button?

So within the last week, my Sigelei mod seems to have been possessed... this morning around 4am I jumped out of bed with the sound of my mod happily firing away, with this being one of many in the last week.

Now I can only assume that due to my very drooly Serpent RTA leaked enough juice down into the fire button that it has started playing havoc, has anybody experienced anything like this or knows of a way of taking it apart to attempt cleaning the area behind the fire button?
Maybe this 150w teardown will be of help.

Leave your mod in rice. It will attract Asians who will then fix your device for you.

On a serious note, the button on these mods cannot be removed easily and you will need to pry open the entire device to get there. If its anything like the 150W TC version, the panels are glued together with maybe one or 2 screws holding everything together underneath the logo outside of the enclosure, and by the battery sled on the inside. So my advice would be to use a blowdryer or one of those solder removal devices (forgot what theyre called) and gently pry open once heated up (Disclaimer, I take no responsibility for any loss or damage). Maybe check on YouTube for any dismantling tutorials of any recent Sigelei mod as these companies tend to stick with their practices and styles of assembly.

To me however, it is very unlikely to be the button causing it and rather juice on the board itself. If the button isn't sticking in "circuit closed" position then it is most likely the board. Once you open up, keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol nearby and gently clean the board and button (dont use a lot of alcohol) and leave it for a couple of minutes to dry.

Hope you come right.

Back