My throat is killing me,,,help!!

PaulCalitz

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Morning peeps,

Don't know what to do.! I've been on the Twisp for almost two years and no problems! My battery didn't last that long anymore, so I decide to upgrade to the Twisp Aero... NOW it's been two days and my throat is burning, the aero is just to strong! What can I do? I no Twisp won't exchange it for the edge because ive been using it for two days. Is there any other way I can get it to be much lighter? Ive got the 18mg Twisp Rebel in at the moment and not to sure what coil did it came with standard. Please help!!!
Regards,
Paul

You need to lower your nicotine content bro. Get liquid with 12mg or 6mg nicotine. 18mg on the Aero is too high. That's why your throat is burning.

Your nicotine strength is what is causing the burning sensation.
Option 1. Buy 0mg Rebel and mix in a 50% ratio to your 18mg to get 9mg nic or 25% 0mg to get 13.5mg etc etc.

Option 2. Buy B.P glycerin or vg or pg. And mix in above ratios to drop the nicotine level. This will also dilute the flavour but still make it usable.

Option 3. Support some of the local juice makers who have much nicer juices than your current preference at better prices and at lower nic strengths.

@PaulCalitz , i will second what the other guys said and what @Christos says above

Best best is to get Rebel in zero mg (if available) and mix it with your 18mg

Be careful of putting in too much VG (if you decide to go that route), the juice will get thicker and wont wick as effectively. It may affect the experience negatively but is probably worth a try on a smaller amount first. And Rebel has a strong flavour so diluting the flavour a bit should be fine in my opinion

Alternatively, check out all the great vendors on the home page of this forum (just scroll down) and many of them have awesome juices at good prices.

PS - welcome to the forum - enjoy your stay

Jeez 18mg... I can't even do 6mg on my tanks without coughing like crazy. You'll have a much better experience at lower nic levels. My vaping buddies who used to be chain smokers do 6mg on their Kanger Subtank Minis, or 12mg on a Nautilus Mini when they're low on juice. On 18mg you should be taking tiny MTL puffs only.

I think 6mg will sort you out :)

Did you prime your coil first? You're not getting dry hits are you?

I started a friend on a Sigelei 100w with a pollux rda on dual coil with 4mg juice. He's happy as can be. He tried one of my tanks and says it's crap. He likes the squonking idea though.

My point is, he went from smoking two packs a day to 4mg juice and he's happy. Even at 4mg it goes straight to his head if he puffs too much. So 18mg on an Aero is way too much.

Thanks for the feedback Gents!!
What Skyblue flavour would you recommend?
Ambrosia is good.
Strawberry snap is good.
Amaretto is good.
Cherry is good.

All subjective though to my tastes.

Ambrosia is like a coconut cookie.

I use the ego one which is the same as your twisp aero.
I think the most likely culprit is that you nicotine level is to high but, there is a small chance that it is the liquid itself and not the 18mg nicotine in the liquid. We are 3 friends who use 18mg in our Ego one's and if I go lower my demons come out to play. Some liquids burn me others don't.

So my suggestion try lower nicotine liquids and if it works great but if you struggle don't discount going back to 18mg liquid just find liquids that don't burn you.

Let us know what happens

Jan, the thing is I use that exactly the same 18mg Rebel liquid in my old Twisp Clearo and it doesn't burn at all. At this stage it feels like Aero was a bad idea, money wasted! Can it be that the Aero's coil is different?

What is the resistance of the Aero coils?

It will burn even more! Rotflol!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

It comes standard with the 1 ohm coil.What will the difference in taste be if I replace the 1 ohm coil with 0.5 ohm coil?

Lol I doubt you would have much of a throat left after that. The resistance on the clearo is probably about 2.8

One srandard aero, 0,5ohm coil, air vents open to max, 18mg rebel........booom no throat left.

This was included when I bought my Aero, so I assume it is 1 ohm coil.

The Twisp Aero packs immense power into its compact frame, boasting unique and innovative modular design, and allowing for two atomizer head arrangements.
The standard atomizer head produces a familiar Twisp dense flavourful draw, while the Free Flow head (sold separately) allows for an effortless draw and maximized vapour production.

It contains:

1 x 1100mAh Lithium Rechargeable Battery

1 x 1.8ml Stainless Steel Atomizer Tank

1 x Variable Airflow Atomizer Base

1 x AC/USB Adapter

1 x USB Charger Cable

1 x Twisp Aero Mouthpiece

2 x 1 ohm Twisp Aero Atomizer Heads

1 x Manual

So after all the feedback, the solution will be, to keep the standard 1 ohm coil and use 9mg and below liquid??

Just get lower nic juice mate. If you go lower resistance coil, that 18mg juice will make you sick.

This was included when I bought my Aero, so I assume it is 1 ohm coil.

The Twisp Aero packs immense power into its compact frame, boasting unique and innovative modular design, and allowing for two atomizer head arrangements.
The standard atomizer head produces a familiar Twisp dense flavourful draw, while the Free Flow head (sold separately) allows for an effortless draw and maximized vapour production.

It contains:

1 x 1100mAh Lithium Rechargeable Battery

1 x 1.8ml Stainless Steel Atomizer Tank

1 x Variable Airflow Atomizer Base

1 x AC/USB Adapter

1 x USB Charger Cable

1 x Twisp Aero Mouthpiece

2 x 1 ohm Twisp Aero Atomizer Heads

1 x Manual

So after all the feedback, the solution will be, to keep the standard 1 ohm coil and use 9mg and below liquid??
Try a 6mg nicotine level and see where you are after that. If you're not getting the nicotine satisfaction from that then go up. Six though should be fine

Yeah twisp's E-Juice is bad to say the least, and at 18mg I can almost put my money on the fact that, it's the nicotines fault, however some people seem to get irritations with PG, but that is the minority.

Yeah twisp's E-Juice is bad to say the least, and at 18mg I can almost put my money on the fact that, it's the nicotines fault, however some people seem to get irritations with PG, but that is the minority.

Also take into account that twisp liquids are pretty much 100% PG and PG will also klap your throat six ways from sunday. Definately try getting some juice that's around 50/50 PG/VG . Go get yourself some glycerine, mix two parts twisp with one part BP or USP grade Glycerine and see what difference that makes. But easiest of all go get some 6mg yummy local vendor juice and try that out. :)

Jan, the thing is I use that exactly the same 18mg Rebel liquid in my old Twisp Clearo and it doesn't burn at all. At this stage it feels like Aero was a bad idea, money wasted! Can it be that the Aero's coil is different?
Remember you now went from a scooter to at least a 600cc racing bike. There is a bit of a learning curve. The Twisp liquids was designed for the scooters and not the racing bikes. Once you get your liquid right you will love the aero and it is definitely not money wasted.

Gents, I went to the Twisp Kiosk in the mall, bought the 0mg nic liquid and diluted the 18mg to 9mg. 10x better.
I still want to try the local liquids, where in Johannesburg can I find a retailer?

Back