NEED ADVICE PLEASE! Mech mod or regulated

Vinay

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey there Vape Nation!
I'm now vaping for 3 years and have never had a mech mod. I'm looking to buy the karma kit by geekvape. I'm familiar with battery safety as well as ohms law. I currently have a cuboid with a limitless plus tank vaping between 90 and 100W. Before I purchase the karma, I've saw the new ijoy rdta box kit. My question is can the vape from an 18650 mech mod be as good as my current setup? If it is...I'd go mech but if not, I'll go for the ijoy. Unfortunately I can't get both which I'd love to do...I have to choose one ;(. Any thoughts or suggestions? Im at crossroads. Thanking everyone in advance for the help! Much appreciated!

Well Vinay,

I made the transition from regulated to mech recently, and I haven't touched my regulated since.

The vape is different. It's hard to explain, it's not better nor worse, it's different.

The whole thing depends on your build and your batteries. If you don't have 20A Batts, chances are you'll get a weak hit.
But if you get the build right, it's just as good, if not better than a regulated, unfortunately it's very difficult to explain the difference, all you can do is try it.

I have the Karma and I love it. Very good value for bucks.

Hey there Vape Nation!
I'm now vaping for 3 years and have never had a mech mod. I'm looking to buy the karma kit by geekvape. I'm familiar with battery safety as well as ohms law. I currently have a cuboid with a limitless plus tank vaping between 90 and 100W. Before I purchase the karma, I've saw the new ijoy rdta box kit. My question is can the vape from an 18650 mech mod be as good as my current setup? If it is...I'd go mech but if not, I'll go for the ijoy. Unfortunately I can't get both which I'd love to do...I have to choose one ;(. Any thoughts or suggestions? Im at crossroads. Thanking everyone in advance for the help! Much appreciated!
I doubt it would be better as you have no control over your power as your battery dies. regulated you have control so i would imagine the vape being better

Hi @Vinay

I dont use a tube mech mod but I do use single 18650 mech squonkers (Reos)

To me, i find the vape slightly more "direct" on the mech. I build fairly "tame" coils. Lowest I go is about 0.4 or 0.5 ohms. More into flavour.

With mechs, the power and the vape is all about the type of coil you build. So it can be quite a bit of trial and error to get what you want.

If you want massive clouds and a big warm vape , i would say that you might get a bit frustrated with a single 18650 mech. The battery will wear down a lot quicker and you will notice the sag earlier. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with silver.
Everything depends on your build, and Batts.
You, liking a vape sitting at 80-100, is right where I am.
I'm building 0.23-0.25 and the vape is awesome. It's much different from a regulated, it's smoother, more "direct"
(love that description @Silver),
And so so much more rewarding when you get that perfect hit.
It's an addiction paralleled by none

Thanks for the great advice ! I think I'm going with a mech. I'll have to experiment with it sooner or later haha... with tube mech's, how often do you guys change batteries? At the moment I'm building around 0.1-0.28 . I'll start at 0.5ohms with a mech to be safe.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great advice ! I think I'm going with a mech. I'll have to experiment with it sooner or later haha... with tube mech's, how often do you guys change batteries? At the moment I'm building around 0.1-0.28 . I'll start at 0.5ohms with a mech to be safe.

If you going to be building 0.5 ohm on a mech then don't get it. The best vape you'll get off a tube mech is 0.15-0.2 ohms, anything higher would be a waste, unless as silver said you more into flavor and vape high nicotine juices. If you are a cloud chaser and Vape around 3mg then start with a 0.2 ohm build.

Back