Netflix - What to watch

I don't generally enjoy cooking shows but man, Ultimate Braai Master was such an epic series!

season 4 and 5 is on Netflix, it's well thought out and presented very well!

Shows I'm currently watching and enjoyed:

Breaking Bad
American Vandal
Mind Hunters
The Sinner
You
Stranger Things
Suits
The Witcher
Better Call Saul
Cobra Kai
Super Store
Big Bang Theory
Umbrella Academy
Day Break

I don't know where you can watch it, but "The Stand" was a massive disappointment for me. I read the books many years ago and have read them again since the first reading. Then there was an absolutely horrid mini series in the early 90's which was a pity as the actors were good but the way they put the story together was shameful.

I was hoping for big things from the new run. No such luck, again good actors telling a story that is rushed, compacted and has very little meaning to anyone who is not familiar with S King's work. As entertainment, I thought it was OK. As an interpretation of the book .... lacking dismally.

I don't know where you can watch it, but "The Stand" was a massive disappointment for me. I read the books many years ago and have read them again since the first reading. Then there was an absolutely horrid mini series in the early 90's which was a pity as the actors were good but the way they put the story together was shameful.

I was hoping for big things from the new run. No such luck, again good actors telling a story that is rushed, compacted and has very little meaning to anyone who is not familiar with S King's work. As entertainment, I thought it was OK. As an interpretation of the book .... lacking dismally.
Yip - not halfway as interesting as the book - Stephen does not always transfer well to tv or film - The Dark Tower -8.5 books over nearly 30 years , transferred to a crappy 95 mins [and maybe a follow up mini series] , Under the Dome - big hype mini series ,fell flat very fast ,Hearts in Atlantis - not even A Hopkins could save that mess .Dr Sleep, was such a xxxxx screwup as a movie . Misery , Carrie, Shawshank ,Green mile , The Shining and Stand by me are the only decent adaptations imo.

Give The Ranch a watch for some humor.
Inside the World's Toughest Prisons is also good.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Updated list:

Queen of the South
Bloodline
Kingdom
All Narcos are pretty good
Peaky Blinders
Ozark
Vikings
Blacklist
The Night Of
Sherlock
The Alienist
Mindhunter
Good Girls
Breaking Bad
Penny Dreadful
Operation Odessa
Prison Break

Coming next month.

Been looking for a good skop-skiet-donner zombie movie.

Back