Newbie and Minikin V2 question

vicTor

Vaping Master
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
hi,

as I'm only a 5 month old vaper, I'm gearing up to upgrade from my iJust S to something much better and looking at the minikin v2

my question is to all the minikin owners - how do you find the touch screen ?

since i've never owned a proper mod i wouldn't have experienced a mod with actual buttons, so staring off with a touch screen mod, would i manage ?

thanks

The touch screen works fine. You just need to make sure that you swipe from top to bottom.

hi,

as I'm only a 5 month old vaper, I'm gearing up to upgrade from my iJust S to something much better and looking at the minikin v2

since i've never owned a proper mod i wouldn't have experienced a mod with actual buttons, so staring off with a touch screen mod, would i manage ?

thanks
Judging from the fanfare that the Minikin V2 got I don't think you would be disappointed!

Great mod as Bio said make sure you swipe from top (above screen) down over screen and down to bottom (off the screen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hi,

thanks
The touchscreen is fine. I was concerned initially that I would find it annoying.
Actually quite the opposite. It is set and forget.
You have to intentionally unlock the screen with a proper full swipe from top to bottom to change any settings.
No accidental adjustments. Big pro for me!

sorry, just to expand, what tank can you guys suggest, keeping in mind i cant see myself building coils etc just quite yet ?

also i hear the battery life is awesome, can you agree ?

c63dbdd09b586683476f666d89c24716.jpg

Two out of my five v2's.

Best mod out there.

End.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@vicTor At 5 months old you really should wait till you're 18 or older before starting. Impressive keyboard skills btw... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously though; The touch screen works great... It unlocks every time if you swipe SLOWLY from top to bottom. People that are frustrated by the screen are just impatient!!!

@vicTor At 5 months old you really should wait till you're 18 or older before starting. Impressive keyboard skills btw... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously though; The touch screen works great... It unlocks every time if you swipe SLOWLY from top to bottom. People that are frustrated by the screen are just impatient!!!

@BubiSparks you clown you

want tank should i go for ?

Last edited:
staring off with a touch screen mod, would i manage ?

I have two Minikin V2's and I love them! Would really like a Aegis, but that is simply due to the features it has, and I am very happy for now and you will find that is the general feeling with all V2 owners. Thing is, you do not need to fiddle with the wattage or such all that often, so very rarely would you need to 'unlock' the mod (slide down) however when you have a buttoned device you may press the + or - accidentally and then either vape at 1W or 180W (both happened to me, neither very nice). That being said, I know of someone who once threw his V2 out of the car while driving as the touch screen idea was just irritating him too much, however that is one person out of many, many that love it.

i cant see myself building coils etc just quite yet

I have 12 atomisers at home. Ranging from RDA to RTA to RDTA and then just the plain pre-built/stock coil ones. Until recently (I got myself a Serpent Mini 25 and it rocks!) my favourite was a stock coil tank simply because the flavour in it is absolutely bloody amazing, and that is the Aspire Cleito 120 (not the normal Cleito, but the Cleito 120). I have had many people, who use fancy RTA's etc., try it out compared to theirs and they were all surprised on the excellent flavour that the tank delivers, considering it is a stock coil tank.

I have two Minikin V2's and I love them! Would really like a Aegis, but that is simply due to the features it has, and I am very happy for now and you will find that is the general feeling with all V2 owners. Thing is, you do not need to fiddle with the wattage or such all that often, so very rarely would you need to 'unlock' the mod (slide down) however when you have a buttoned device you may press the + or - accidentally and then either vape at 1W or 180W (both happened to me, neither very nice). That being said, I know of someone who once threw his V2 out of the car while driving as the touch screen idea was just irritating him too much, however that is one person out of many, many that love it.

I have 12 atomisers at home. Ranging from RDA to RTA to RDTA and then just the plain pre-built/stock coil ones. Until recently (I got myself a Serpent Mini 25 and it rocks!) my favourite was a stock coil tank simply because the flavour in it is absolutely bloody amazing, and that is the Aspire Cleito 120 (not the normal Cleito, but the Cleito 120). I have had many people, who use fancy RTA's etc., try it out compared to theirs and they were all surprised on the excellent flavour that the tank delivers, considering it is a stock coil tank.

@ivc_mixer thanks, my mind is set, will be getting the minikin v2

thanks for the tank advise, definitely flavour is what i'm after

lastly, how do you find the battery life on the minikin ?

The touchscreen is fine, just unlock slowly :)

Battery life is good but best to charge the batteries using a bay charger.

lastly, how do you find the battery life on the minikin ?

Though t takes 2 batteries, I find the battery life to be very good. I vape a fair amount - about 20ml a day @ 90-100W - and batteries last me almost a day.

Out of interest sake, any reason that you have 5?

I used to have smoks.

Then I found the v2, and they are just awesome, rugged, last all day, and just work so well.

I run two mad dogs, two trolls, and a csmnt.

I have 5 flavours I drip and it means I am not stuck for choice.

I also have a boxer, two Frankenskull squonks, a noisy, three mechs and one DNA squonk, two smoks and a few others in rotation.

But my daily Vapes are the v2's. just cannot be beat.

Though t takes 2 batteries, I find the battery life to be very good. I vape a fair amount - about 20ml a day @ 90-100W - and batteries last me almost a day.

thanks for the reply, have an awesome vape day

I used to have smoks.

Then I found the v2, and they are just awesome, rugged, last all day, and just work so well.

I run two mad dogs, two trolls, and a csmnt.

I have 5 flavours I drip and it means I am not stuck for choice.

I also have a boxer, two Frankenskull squonks, a noisy, three mechs and one DNA squonk, two smoks and a few others in rotation.

But my daily Vapes are the v2's. just cannot be beat.

Holy shit

hi there, just a report back on this thread I started, geez, finally got my minikin, it was just one financial set back after the next, mostly my car (cant live without them)

battling to upload pic for some reason

20170924_104148.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i see it uploaded anyway, so yeah, reason i started this thread was the touch screen on this specific mod, i must report its awesome, NO issue for me at all, works well and what an awesome mod man, wow

puff count over 400 something just since yesterday !! ...lol

Back