Newbie looking at getting eVic-VT Full Kit 5000mAh, 60W

gatecrasherza1

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys, I am a noob but been smoking hookah for more than 20 years... started young

But the other day friends said a must try vapor and Holly hell what an awesome experience.

Decided to go get the unit in my subject line but would really appreciate some guidance

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Howzit @gatecrasherza1 I got one 2 weeks ago from @Frostbite at atomix vapes... great service and great device... just get a bigger tank .. it's a great mod with a sub tank on it... the ego one tank it comes with only comes with TC coils.. if you like the tank then order the coils for VW mode​

Awesome Nick thanks for the feedback, like I said still completely new but want to get a decent Base to work with.

hey @gatecrasherza1
Im also a noob and decided to go the evic way! the build quality is awesome compared to my friends mods ( isticks mainly) and with my RDA I still get pretty decent clouds when running relatively low ohmage ( around 0,2) I cant compare it in terms of personal experience with other mods but from testing out my friends mods I can say its an awesome setup. like @Nick said , get a different tank as the Mega isn't too great, I ran it with the subtank for a week or so and was awesome so maybe look into that.
hope that helps :):rock:

Personally I think the Evic VTC Mini is a better buy. Upgradeable (first upgrade out already), more features and a battery you can swap out. You can buy the mod separately too - so get the tank you like with it.

@gatecrasherza1 .. I think it's a great Base to start with ... there are some very knowledgeable guys on here who know a ton more than me.. I wanted 60w but it had to have USB charger, plug in charger .. not a fan of batteries and chargers and this one was my second choice the other was a smok box but no stock so I took this one.. very happy.. have tried 3 tanks on it.. ego mega.. sub tank and triton aspire and the sub tank wins hands down.

Personally I think the Evic VTC Mini is a better buy. Upgradeable (first upgrade out already), more features and a battery you can swap out. You can buy the mod separately too - so get the tank you like with it.
Thanks @Andre ... @gatecrasherza1 ... here is one of the guys who I am talking about... @Andre when u say upgrades what does this mean/do... thanks.

Thanks @Andre ... @gatecrasherza1 ... here is one of the guys who I am talking about... @Andre when u say upgrades what does this mean/do... thanks.
The board can be upgraded via your PC to, e.g. be able to use other types of wire for temp control (like SS, NiFe, etc) - depends on what they make available. The current upgrade gives you real time readings of some of the functionalities.

OK lol thank you for the advice, was pretty set on what to get but after looking at the mini and the upgradeable options it really looks like a awesome option. If I purchase the mini do I need to get anything else. This is all new to me

Hi guys, I am a noop but been smoking hookah for more than 20 years... started young

But the other day friends said a must try vapor and Holly hell what an awesome experience.

Decided to go get the unit in my subject line but would really appreciate some guidance

Hi @gatecrasherza1
Welcome to the forum and congrats on trying out vaping and wanting to get into it. You doing a great thing

Just a question, what vape from your friends did you try that was awesome?
Maybe you should get that if you liked it

All the best

They had the e-vic full device, was why I wanted to look at it but Andre now raised my interest in the mini device with the mod and upgrade functionality. In regards to the Vapor spend sometime on YouTube looking at reviews and I was impressed by the e-vic products.

Kanger Tech Sub Box Mini Kit hands down

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They had the e-vic full device, was why I wanted to look at it but Andre now raised my interest in the mini device with the mod and upgrade functionality. In regards to the Vapor spend sometime on YouTube looking at reviews and I was impressed by the e-vic products.

Ok cool

Just a headsup, whether you have the eVic Full Mod with the built in batt or the new Mini - the vape you will get on those two should be more a function of the atomiser on top than the mod (battery part) itself.

If they were vaping on the evic full kit with the mega atomiser that comes with it and you thought it was awesome then maybe thats your device!

If you get the mini, bear in mind you need to but at least 2 high quality batteries and a good charger. Nice thing about that is you can put in a fresh batt when one goes flat. And the batteries (and charger) can be used in other mods if you buy something else down the line

Would you guys also suggest I look at a different tank for the mini? I am limited to budget so also comparing overall costing.

Would you guys also suggest I look at a different tank for the mini? I am limited to budget so also comparing overall costing.

The Evic VTC Mini does have a charging USB port. Most on here do not rate the atomizers from them very highly.

Speaking of budget, you would probably get away cheaper with a Mini Subox Kit (check out this thread for good info). The Subox mod does not support temperature control and gives a little bit less power than the Evic Mini. However, temperature control is not all that popular and still in a development phase - many things could still change. Also the Evic Mini is a very new device - not as tried and tested as the Subox Mini. Not that I have heard anything negative about it so far. Personally, I would have gone for the Evic - for its looks and for what it might eventually be able to do if upgrades can be done, but a difficult choice nonetheless.

@Andre u so want to tilt in the direction of the sub box..tilt my man tilt..you can do it

Temp control is so overrated..Been there done that and dunno what the hype is..
I currently own 3 sub box minis as well as an Ipvd2...
Pound for pound I use the mini tank on both, a billowV2 dual coil build on both as well as a mutation dripper on both..and the sub box stands its ground right up to its 50 watts limit.
When it comes to progressing with your vape the sub box rba deck is gr8 you can churn out an amazing array of coils and configurations..
The only downside is TC control..
When it comes to being a solid robust device I don't think there is much that can touch it on this front..

There is one other downside that must be mentioned with the sub box..
It does not have a spring loaded 510 center pin. This can be a problem when trying to fit other tanks on it...

Hence my purchase of the Ipvd2

There is one other downside that must be mentioned with the sub box..
It does not have a spring loaded 510 center pin. This can be a problem when trying to fit other tanks on it...

Hence my purchase of the Ipvd2

Good point, we tend to forget. The Evic Mini has a spring loaded connection. Definitely now tilting that way:).

Have to be honest I would have a cupboard full of sub box's I love them
And they are so robust and perform exceptionally well
Performance wise they can take on any device
But but but...
When you seriously get into your vaping the fixed 510 is definitely something to seriously consider if you want to use other RBAs, RTAs and RDAs on this mod.
This is the sole reason why I got the ipvd2 for the spring loaded 510.. Safety first as they say...

So sadly my friend it is with a sad heart that I have to conceed to you..it's not about evic versus sub box but more so about 510 fixed versus spring loaded 510

First off, welcome to the forum @gatecrasherza1 :)

I would definitely recommend the Kangertech SubTank Mini as a starter tank, it comes with standard coils to get you started and also includes an RBA base so that you can start experimenting with building your own coils when you're ready to jump in on that. Vape quality on this tank is excellent and is still one of my favourite tanks.

I have the eVic VT (full kit) and totally agree with what the other guys are saying, the tank that comes with it is mediocre at best, and the TC coils are total rubbish. The mod on the other hand is great, I really like mine, but temperature control is overrated, at this stage it's a sales gimmick.

A good mod for the SubTank will be the an iStick 50W (my favourite), , the Presa is also a great little mod with 40W, enough for the SubTank. The eVic VTC mini (mod only) or just go for the whole Subox Mini kit.

Go bumblebee another supporter of sub box mini kit

Sorry forgot to throw in @gatecrasherza1 the eleaf 40w... with subtank. . This was my first proper mod and I still use it now for TC with the ego one tank... again I use this because it's plug and play... no batteries no chargers...

Back