Nothing on Twisp's bully tactics?

• Thread starter wikked
  • Start date
W

wikked

If you're aware, it seems Twisp went full potato and send lawyers letters out to many vendors claiming they now have exclusive,continent wide distribution rights for *all* Joyetech products. I understand that the vendors themselves may not want to comment but as capers I'm sure many of you will have an opinion on this kind of asshattery

Actually funny since they don't label their products as Joyetech. I am not an expert but a contract between two companies is just that if a vendor is not part of that contract he can't be held liable for a breech of that contract. Any lawyers on the site? In my opinion that is intimidation and to an extend price fixing.

twisp doesn't have exclusive distribution rights or am i missing something ?

Oh wow! That is such a stupid thing to do! Alienate all the vapers in one fowl swoop! Well done! I bet their marketing department are having a nappy rash right now... so much goodwill they have built up down the drain in one moronic move!

Oh wow! That is such a stupid thing to do! Alienate all the vapers in one fowl swoop! Well done! I bet their marketing department are having a nappy rash right now... so much goodwill they have built up down the drain in one moronic move!

exactly , they have done so much to introduce vaping to SA

Wow shocking!! I think its time Twisp catch a wake up call!, and stop trying to own a monopoly and they are starting to remind me of a Big Tobacco company which is ironic!

Twisp need to remove this from their website.
Since 2008 All Twisp products are manufactured by acclaimed Dutch e-cigarettes producer Janty under the Twisp brand. Janty has consistently produced the best electronic cigarettes on the market and distanced themselves from the generic chinese market

Ain't Twisp on here???

This is like deja vu...

Pretty sure similar bleats were made by an unenlightened young 'un regarding Kangertech products in the middle of last year.

Somehow though, I think the calibre of counsel is a tad more competent than said young 'un's understanding of the principles at play, in other words I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss this outright.

So now we can't have any other Joyetech products other than that shitty ego one kit? Why can't I have an Evic VT and a Delta II?

This is like deja vu...

Pretty sure similar bleats were made by an unenlightened young 'un regarding Kangertech products in the middle of last year.

Somehow though, I think the calibre of counsel is a tad more competent than said young 'un's understanding of the principles at play, in other words I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss this outright.
Lol. I remember that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

90% of vapers I know started on a Twisp and I am 99.8% sure the below was paid for by Twisp. Food for thought?

1228658_1015382.jpg

I'm no lawyer but I'm fairly confident, aside from being able to send a cease and desist letter as a scare tactic (common practice);
Twisp shouldn't really have a case against other vendors from a legal standpoint.

Their agreement is between themselves and the OEM.
If the other vendors bought their stock from the OEM before the Distribution agreement with twisp was made, then there is no case. (unless the OEM is willing to refund that stock).
If the OEM is still selling those products knowingly to SA vendors after the agreement was made, then twisp have a quarrel with the OEM.

If the vendors in question are importing the products from another distributer which is supplied by the OEM (the grey market route); then twisp could encourage the OEM they have an agreement with to threaten to no longer supply that distributer unless they make efforts to stop supplying the other vendors in SA.

But I don't know of any local law that prevents someone else selling stock they legally purchased & own, unless the product itself is illegal or a fake/unauthorised copy.

TL'DR the other vendors selling Joytech products may have hard time getting new stock from joytech, but can't be held liable for selling what they have.

Edit: That doesn't necessarily stop them from trying; If they have the money to burn in court even for a case they might loose, they can persuade smaller retailers to comply who don't have the time or money to lawyer up.

Any lawyers present who could enlighten me? Or am I being too naive?

Last edited:
I cant see this being true. And if it is, its probably the siliest thing I have ever heard, because as far as I am aware, Twisp sell Twisps. Not Joytech E-cigarettes. No one buys a Joytech from a Twisp stand, they buy a Twisp Aero or Clearo or whatever they are called. So if this is true, I cannot comprehend the cheek they have to try and ban other vendors from selling X brand because they relabel X brand and sell as Y without the greater knowledge of the public they sell to. Man up and make your own device, then and only then can you brand it as if it were your own. Shocking.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

90% of vapers I know started on a Twisp and I am 99.8% sure the below was paid for by Twisp. Food for thought?

To add to that - it seems to be the typical mentality of stifling competition to increase profit. More people are finding out about the wide range of vaping gear they never knew existed. I personally have "converted" 6 people in the past 6 months from Twisps to other devices and their jaws dropped when they saw the choice they really had.

It reminds me of the Uber debacle - it's competition and giving other players a run for their money so instead of bettering service and offering, some throw a fit and go to the steps of the court.

I cant see this being true. And if it is, its probably the siliest thing I have ever heard, because as far as I am aware, Twisp sell Twisps. Not Joytech E-cigarettes. No one buys a Joytech from a Twisp stand, they buy a Twisp Aero or Clearo or whatever they are called. So if this is true, I cannot comprehend the cheek they have to try and ban other vendors from selling X brand because they relabel X brand and sell as Y without the greater knowledge of the public they sell to. Man up and make your own device, then and only then can you brand it as if it were your own. Shocking.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Or OP could be giggling from a well executed troll. So till an actual vendor speaks up about receiving a cease and desist letter;
Perhaps we shouldn't pick up the pitchforks just yet.

Many vendors have been contacted. No trolling here.

Back