Ohms keep changing.

Paraddicted

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Auckland Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Hi, sorry if it's been asked before.

I have a Minikin boost with a serpent 25, using the dual deck. The ohms keep dropping and picking up. I tried changing the coil thinking one of the legs night now be engaged properly. Built two 5 wrap 3mm id Ni80 spaced coils. the ohms are still changing everytime i fire it.

Any ideas to what could be causing the problem?

Don't know the Serpent Mini, but had same issue with Big Baby Beast. Eventually gave up but later found out that the 510 pin wasn't supposed to be so loose. So perhaps it could be that for you?

Was using the same technique but it resulted in a tiny imperfection on the base .....I am on my 4th glass due to that as it keeps cracking the glass :( when the current glass breaks I am giving the tank away as spares.

Don't know the Serpent Mini, but had same issue with Big Baby Beast. Eventually gave up but later found out that the 510 pin wasn't supposed to be so loose. So perhaps it could be that for you?

As i was checking everything i did tighten the build deck into the connector. It seems to be playing less with the ohms but it isn't constant. I wiped the pin down and double checked the legs of the coil.

Thank you for your response

As i was checking everything i did tighten the build deck into the connector. It seems to be playing less with the ohms but it isn't constant. I wiped the pin down and double checked the legs of the coil.

Thank you for your response
had a look at images of serpent, doubt it's the same issue due to the build being different. Is the coils tightly screwed in?

had a look at images of serpent, doubt it's the same issue due to the build being different. Is the coils tightly screwed in?

The coils are in tight. it seems to have stabilised after tightening the post again. Hopefully it was just that. Had me a bit nervous with the ohms jumping but so far it seems to be holding. Just hope that it stays at it.

Hi, sorry if it's been asked before.

I have a Minikin boost with a serpent 25, using the dual deck. The ohms keep dropping and picking up. I tried changing the coil thinking one of the legs night now be engaged properly. Built two 5 wrap 3mm id Ni80 spaced coils. the ohms are still changing everytime i fire it.

Any ideas to what could be causing the problem?
I experienced the same problem with mine, swapped out the grub screws and the issue was fixed

Same issue here with minikin v2 im pretty sure its a 510 problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent you a pm on how to fix. Hopefully the problem

Saw it thank you!

I experienced the same problem with mine, swapped out the grub screws and the issue was fixed

I tightened the screws after dry burning the coil. I think it may have been the 510pin. If it happens again will try changing the screws. Thank you :)

Same issue here with minikin v2 im pretty sure its a 510 problem.

I tightened the deck and it's holding steady ohms. Maybe you must try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw it thank you!

I tightened the screws after dry burning the coil. I think it may have been the 510pin. If it happens again will try changing the screws. Thank you :)
Possible that your coil was big enough to not short against chimney but to touch when warm after first fire?

I never had this problem with an sm25 except with first clapton build in there which was the problem stated above.

My V2 however will not behave with either a Big Baby or Subtank Nano...

Big baby is a jumping session for ohms.... subtank just shorts out both terminals on the minikin positive pin.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Possible that your coil was big enough to not short against chimney but to touch when warm after first fire?

I never had this problem with an sm25 except with first clapton build in there which was the problem stated above.

My V2 however will not behave with either a Big Baby or Subtank Nano...

Big baby is a jumping session for ohms.... subtank just shorts out both terminals on the minikin positive pin.

I'm attaching pics of coils let me know what you think. IMG_20170404_185638.jpg IMG_20170404_185644.jpg IMG_20170404_185652.jpg

b34398523407bea9bee19dadf94be63d.jpg

Way too big check overhang....

Bring ID to 3mm and bring coils closer to posts. Also reverse the leads oyher way around. Best to watch the Robs Ramble with @BigGuy ... showing the technique... @Rob Fisher please link us up or tag this dude.

They look to be a bit too close to the outside cap if you ask me. Maybe move them a bit closer to the posts, or try a 2.5mm ID.

Bring ID to 3mm and bring coils closer to posts. Also reverse the leads oyher way around. Best to watch the Robs Ramble with @BigGuy ... showing the technique... @Rob Fisher please link us up or tag this dude.

Will try the 2.5mm as this is 3mm. And i will check out that video i did come across it before will rewatch.

Thanks guys :)

@Paraddicted here is the video.

NI80 do fluctuate.It doesn't stay the same resistance.

It increase with heat and settles again once cooled down.

Also check the 510 pin on the tank and make sure it is tight.

If it was shorting on the side of the tank,I am sure the wire would have burned off.

But,follow the video etc and see if it resolves the issue.

But NI80 do fluctuate,not as much as you are saying.

Hope you come right.

@Paraddicted do you have this issue with the single coil deck as well? It could possible be a bad connection between the dual deck and that base much like the issues some users have with the SMOK coils on their TFV tanks

OK.Then you have a serious problem.

And if your NI80 doesn't jump small increments,then there is a problem too. :D

Oh damn so something else to worry about. I've never had any fluctuation at all. Is it maybe the type of wire? This is what i use1491416390634-1677832648.jpg

Damn, @Paraddicted coils are packing some serious heat

Making me worried...

Also check the 510 pin on the tank and make sure it is tight.

If it was shorting on the side of the tank,I am sure the wire would have burned off.

But,follow the video etc and see if it resolves the issue.

But NI80 do fluctuate,not as much as you are saying.

Hope you come right.

Thank you. I tightened the 510 pin and it seems to be better. Gonna try with a smaller ID coil as advised earlier in the thread.

@Paraddicted do you have this issue with the single coil deck as well? It could possible be a bad connection between the dual deck and that base much like the issues some users have with the SMOK coils on their TFV tanks

I have never actually used the single coil deck. I'll give it a shot and see.

Oh damn so something else to worry about. I've never had any fluctuation at all. Is it maybe the type of wire? This is what i useView attachment 90601

Making me worried...

Thank you. I tightened the 510 pin and it seems to be better. Gonna try with a smaller ID coil as advised earlier in the thread.

I have never actually used the single coil deck. I'll give it a shot and see.

I have never seen that brand of wire,so can't comment.

But go with the smaller coil.

What is the reason that you are doing a spaced coil with NI80?

Back