Opinion on the Lindwurm please

Well it appears that this is not so popular. however due to a very kind benefactor, I will be able to tell you shortly

I didn't comment coz it might look like I'm trying to punt my sale item.
I think it's a really good rta. Nice restricted draw, 5ml capacity is always welcome, there's a cage around the glass that keeps bumbling hands from breaking it, and lastly, for the OCD in me, you can turn the cage so that logo lines up with your mod.
Unfortunately, my one has become a casualty in the aio war. Just sits in the back of the vape cupboard, collecting dust

Looks to me to be a good bet for an RDL vaper. What say you ?
Strangely not a popular device as you say :think: , and I haven't had the pleasure of using one, however that tiny chamber, coupled with bottom and mid side airflow should make this a flavour banging RDL device, and I eagerly await your review of it.
d0d1b53f-bd60-47ac-98bb-244cb7158064.jpeg

lindwurm-rta-components.jpg

1681804434694.jpeg
I am just going to use stock pics because they are better than mine.

The Lindwurm is a single coil tank so I am going to start there.

1/4 turn to take off the top cap which reveals the kidney shape fill holes with a membrane. The chimney section is encased by a glass tank and metal shield. Held in place by o rings. The deck is a raised two post type with a screw in air pin and two side airflow holes. One is in between the clamp screws and the other is a set of three angled slightly upward.

The base of the deck has four holes and an AFC ring.

bb01e3be-14cf-4cc4-8ba4-bc306efef1bf.jpeg

Building is really easy, one open clamp and one with a cutout allows easy fitting of a coil. I went with 3mm single wire Ni80. Now here I gave it some thought. Looking at the chamber and the chimney, the chamber looks quite short and the chimney long. This must be the German 103 input and I can only suspect that they are aiming for a lot of condensed flavour. I don't like hot vapes, so coil choice was to aim for 0.6 and I got 0.63. I also went with the largest air flow pin.
I took some wicking tips from Vaping with Vic. This was to just get the cotton through the hole and to make the wicks well thinned with a tight centre.
images

Assembly is easy and the machining is very good.

So now it is all put together and I get to vape it. I thought that I would not get on well with the 810 drip tip. My Intake solo's come with an 810 and I have changed them to a 510 to get the draw that I like being RDL. However I was wrong, the 810 is just about perfect. My thoughts on the condensed chamber and long chimney were proven right. This is a warmer vape than my Intakes and the flavour is intense. I use the largest airflow pin and have all the air open. This by the way is achieved by the base of the deck having four holes. Two direct the air to the bottom airflow and through the pin and the other two direct it to the side airflows.

If you, like me are into RDL, then this is a very good option to go for. Just as I thought that condensed chamber and long chimney produce a very dense vape in comparison to my Intakes. There is very little heat that comes off the RDA itself, it is all going up the chimney. The flavour is indeed intense and it is using more juice than other tanks I own. Due to coil choice the vape is not too hot and I am running at 26w which should be good for battery life.
Airflow can be adjusted to close the top or the side or a combo of them both. I have mine wide open. The only con being that it is noisy.

Respect must be given for the ease of building and wicking it is very forgiving for a beginner. So far after around ten tanks I have had no drop off in flavor, the wicking is keeping up just fine and I see plenty bubbles. I need to also mention that to date ... zero condensation .... zero mess

Respect also to @DarthBranMuffin for sending this to me, you are a very generous man. Thank you

Overall, this to me is a keeper. Well designed, well built, easy enough and quick enough to build on without it being a PITA. Wicking very forgiving and you are rewarded with a very good vape, good enough as an all day. The tanks is tall but matched with my Puma it actually stands lower than an Intake on a Jellybox.

Last edited:
Back