Paulies is 1 year old! Competition time

OMG!!!! My first device was the E-go which I bought online (Grabbit) on 29 July 2015 and I still have the receipt! I paid a full R199 for it and I got 2 devices and a free juice!!! I was the bees knees and impressed all my mates with me fancy electronic cigarette... I gave up smoking for w whole week but alas, the novelty soon wore off. Stuyvesant Blue, here we come!

I then "progressed" to the far more cooler Ecoblend Electronic Hookah's. I got 800 puffs and could choose from an array of flavours form me local Tops at Spar! I was still very cool though! :rolleyes: The were about R65 and I convinced myself that this is it - for real this time!

I soon realised that I was wasting me money and, guess what...Stuyvesant Blue, here we come (again)!

My interest was off course now tickled and I decided to do some research before I commit (again)... I went to one of those vape jobbies in a bottle store and the kind man convinced me that the Cuboid mini was the answer to my prayers - he did such a good job that I bought 2 cuboids - one for me and one for the missus. That was just over a year ago and I have not looked back!!!

I was hooked but quickly fell into the FOMO trap and bought every tank and mod hailed as the best ever, best of January, best as voted by, best because it sommer is, etc. Consequently, i have acquired about 40 atomizers and 18 mods :giggle: in a 6 month period and have finally found my happy place with my collection of RDA's.

I off-course bought local (Paulies, RebelLion) and international juice and thought that the more you pay, the better it must be!!! I soon discovered the truth and the wonderful world of DIY... I have been a duty-full DIY'rer for about 11 months now and occasionally "spoil" myself with a bottle of clone-proof Paulies!

Congrats on ur milestone @Paulie - looking forward to seeing your brand on shelves and websites all over the globe (if we can bypass the FDA...)

image_big_79208877.jpg

cigarette-electronique-ego-t-coffret-de-2-cigarettes-971672075_L.jpg
1461833124995808947.jpg

Awesome comp @Paulie ! The prizes are simply sick! Although you could always close the comp and just release that much anticipated new flavour!

I started back in Dec 2015. I wasnt a heavy smoker by any means but because of the nature of my job and constant waiting for customers i ended up always having a pack of malboro blue ice or camel switch on me to pass the time and I enjoyed menthol flavours. Infact you can say the Camel Switch was my first ever fruity menthol! Which is my main flavour profile. I also enjoyed fruity flavours in the hubbly on occasions.

I started noticing the twisp ads which did the rounds in a big way back then, but didnt want to fork out big cash on something I just wanted to try out.

I googled like mad and eventually discovered a vape shop called Atomize.
I purchased the EVOD starter kit, and some Liqua Strawberry, American All Stars Apple and chocolate(18mg, was I mad??) As seen below:
IMG-20151212-WA0020.jpg

At first I thought oh crap! This is way too strong for me and I actually felt sick and vomited. I had no idea it would hit harder than stinkies but then again i was completely uneducated on this. Luckily for me I had the liqua strawberry, and happily vaped on the twisp flavours and some evo vape flavours of 0mg without knowing you get a wide choice of nic options
IMG-20151228-WA0000.jpeg

My googling then led me to this forum. The forum that educated the masses in SA vaping and still educates me a lot. I came across a thread which punted the kangertech subox mini as an ideal starter kit back then and so followed my next purchase along with some Orion Eliquid finally at a reasonable mg nic lol
20160102_091445.jpg

This device truly got my obsession going with vaping and I got to try a lot of flavours from there, until I stumbled over a thread discussing DIY. So influenced by that, as well as the unavailability of Suckerpunch which I tasted from a mate I saw the clone recipe on this forum and just had to convince my wife to get this for my birthday:
20160212_200302.jpg

My first delve into the world of DIY thanks to Skyblue Vaping, and some succesfully recreated suckerpunch! Needless to say DIY became part of my vaping life and I even mix my own nic into my bought juices as I only vape 1mg these days.

I would take up everyones data if I had to put up pics of all the juices and devices I went through in the year that followed, but its become my primary hobby and its been an awesome journey thus far, from all kinds of sub ohm tanks, to my costly ceramic obsession, to failed dripping, to rta's and back again to dripping( well squonking) and a few trusty tanks. I also went full out 150 watts plus cloud chasing with the smok tanks, but found my sweet spot lies in single coil flavour chasing kinda vapes! It has been fun, the local market has exploded, and I cant wait to see what this year has in store for us!

my vaping story started with a green smoke cigalike kit a few years ago, I quit smoking while ising that but sadly it broke one day while I was at work :'(

fast forward a couple years to december 2015, I had saved up a couple months and finally got myself a brand new twisp aero (those were the only vapes I knew about at the time).

6 months later after getting my father into vaping he bought me my first real mod, a minikin 1.5 with a kanger protank 4 and the dream was realised, awesome vape on that tank and device, right up untill the fateful day when I accidently knocked my minikin off my desk while charging, it was never the same after that and failed completely a couple weeks later

fortunately I had been saving my cash and managed to get a wismek 2/3 wich I still use to this day, and over december last year I found one of my favorite juices, Paulies coffee cake, ... I cant get enough of that juice, its amazing and I cant wait to taste the rest of the range

Nice comp @Paulie , thank you for always giving back to the vape community brother.

My Vaping Journey has had alot of ups and downs.
My vaping journey started in 2011, i was wondering around Lusito Land and found a stall selling a e-cigarette.

e cigimages-6.jpg

When i saw this i was immediately fascinated and started googling about it.
I managed to find one off bid or buy and after a week a was the pround owner of my first e cig, which after 1 min i found out was the biggest piece of crap ever :-D

I sold it within the first week and carried on with the stinkies.
Two years later in 2013 i was strolling around my local shopping center (The Glen) and in the middle of the walkway there was a kiosk surrounded by a few people and some smoke.

I walked closer and saw Twisp was the name, once again i was very curious but at the same time skeptical because of my previous experiment.

That night i did some googling again and read what it was all about. Same concept as my first e-cig but diffrent execution.
So the next day i went back and decided to speak to the sales rep at the twisp kiosk.

He let me try out the newest device on the market (The Clearo)

twispdownload-8.jpg

I was immediately hooked it was nothing like my first e-cig im terms of flavour and vapor production and that day walked out with a starter kit.

I happily vaped on my Twisp for about 3/4 months and hadn't touched a cig untill the day i decided i was a smart ass.
I was walking around a china mall and found a stall selling e-juice by the name of liqua (Fake Liqua). I asked the gentleman how much? And was answered with R100 for a box containing 12 bottles of 20ml each.... Wow what a bargain i pay R140 for 1 bottle of twisp. :-@

Biggest mistake of my life... Because i got hooked backed on cigs . I was out and didn't have decent juice so i bought a pack of cigs and one pack turned back into a pack a day.

Fast forward to 2014 November myself, wife , sister and boyfriend went on a night out.
So while we were out we went for a smoke break , i pulled out my smokes and my sister pulls out this box thing and says "its my new electronic cigarette" .

I laughed my head off , it was huge (A Kangertech subbox mini) she said try it.
I had a few pulls and the rest of the night i took care of it for her :-D

That Christmas i told my wife i want to try quit smoking again with one of these devices and told her if she wanted i would like one as a Christmas present.

I Did some googling again and found a shop called Vaperite in Bedford. We took a trip there and i was overwhelmed with what a e-cig had become.

My wife bought me a device and personaly i think this was my first real vape and the beginning of my now almost 1 year 2 month stinkie free adventure.
This was my first real vape...
The Eleaf tc40w with gs tank.

eleafdownload-8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed hearing my journey peeps. Its been a long and at times rough road but worth it in the end.

Vape on...

Last edited:
1stly great comp @Paulie and congrats on going so far in your success...my story

It all started back in 2014 when I was on 10 cigarettes a day,hating every single 1 of them but just couldnt leave them,the 1st e-cigarette I ever used was from my father inlaw which he brought from China,like a fake twisp which lasted me exactly 2weeks,thats when I said I wil spend R1000 and buy the best.......so I bought a Twisp clearo

6 months of twisping got me off the stinkies but what I hated the most was everytime I put a new coil,after 2 or 3days the eliquid would turn black in colour,and offcourse very little vapour,it did the job but this is when it started getting interesting....

I was using the twisp but in my mind I used to always say I wish there was something that would make alot of clouds and not burn the juice so quick,till then I had never seen or heard of an actual vape setup,come 2015 March and my dreams came true,I was literally twisping as I walked towards my friend and saw a big cloud come out of his mouth,my eyes got so big,I asked him 'What is that,what is that?' He explained to me what is was and I was blown away,it was a istick 30w with kanger mini tank I think,I vaped on it and it was like Heaven,I asked him questions for about an hour and when I knew enough I decided to buy a subox mini from vapeclub,my 1st vape setup ever,voodoo zombie blood and midnight mist were my 1st juices,it has been a very interesting journey thus far,many more setups and juices that I liked and did not like,but I enjoyed every step of the way...

I dont have any pics of my clearo or subox but im happy where I am now,the DIY journey I will leave for another day...Thanks everyone,felt good bringing back those memories....2017 here I come
IMG_20170212_165908.jpg

I started smoking, 20 years ago, I loved the rush of nicotine, and the taste, which I really believed was the best taste ever. Didn't matter to me that I was destroying my body or killing myself. I thought that everyone dies one day, might as well go out enjoying life. Go big or go home is how I lived my life.

Never wanted to stop smoking but for the last few years of my smoking I got this constant smokers cough, ah dam, what's next I wondered, stop smoking, then how will I get my hit??

I tried ecigs before, never worked, so what now, one of my friends came past and was Vaping, I was like what's that, vape ? Ha ha I said so now u not a smoker anymore, in a arrogant way, believing that he didn't have the balls to carry on smoking. Not knowing how this vape thing would change my life. I tried a bit of his vape and coughed my lungs out. Sho I thought, if I'm coughing their must be some potential strength to this vape.

But guess what, I carried on smoking, 2 boxes Peter red a day.

Few weeks went by and coughing got worse, then I saw a special on a wishes rx75, black with elegant red lines, opioid I wanted so I bought it. I was over the world, I bought some 6mg Orion. Sho this is lekker, but it felt like smokes still giving more of a hit.

So went to the store and asked for stronger, sho they had voodoo 12mg that was made for a client, that didn't pick it up. I grabbed it

Finally an awesome hit, within 3 days I left the stinkers. But wait, cough left within a week.

Sho I loved this, but I still didn't realise where this was taking me, what a awesome journey I had. More to learn all the time.

So the moral of the story, I now make my own vape, sell vape to friends and family. Have the rdas, rtas and RDTA. Mechs mods toolkits concentrates, vg pg nic, it's like living a whole new lifestyle

I will finish this story by saying, Vaping is a lifestyle, go big or go home

First off, epic comp :clap:

I started using a cig-a-like type of device called the 'Smoketronic' which I hated, it didn't satisfy me in anyway so i chucked it in a drawer never to be used again. A couple of months later a friend of mine and I met up at the local pub where he pulled out an Ego style set up which he had bought, we had a laugh at how useless my vape experience was and decided to run to the store where he had gotten his ego and I bought myself one. I was hooked on vaping from that day on wards.

Smoketronic :sick:

Ego pen (which started it all for me)

Some upgrades followed:

And thats me I guess, tomorrow I'll take a pic of the current setups and edit this post :)

Good luck all :hi:

Attachments

• 11707587_10154197720582699_1823772103948411749_n.jpg
    11707587_10154197720582699_1823772103948411749_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 11249316_10154197720292699_621278415942911288_n.jpg
    11249316_10154197720292699_621278415942911288_n.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 28
  • 11692734_10154197719592699_8600717562446025279_n.jpg
    11692734_10154197719592699_8600717562446025279_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 11698566_10154197721572699_103333619034733087_n.jpg
    11698566_10154197721572699_103333619034733087_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27
  • 11705298_10154197726877699_520457761394245410_n.jpg
    11705298_10154197726877699_520457761394245410_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 11709315_10154197722267699_5356336781474317770_n.jpg
    11709315_10154197722267699_5356336781474317770_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Firstly congrats on the birthday @Paulie!

My vaping started as curiosity,saw some people doing the twisp thing and I was intrigued. So the twisp thing had to be tried,but it ended up costing me more than stinkies so back to Marlboro red it was...

Got to Cape Town and this is where I saw proper clouds for the first time,so the search started, bought a nifty lil device, the Pico, which is now in my sisters hands...

4ebb85b38cdc38c9859c6b5ba0134282.jpg

But as with any techie stuff I wanted better, and ended up buying a RX200s with Gemini mega tank,which always left juice on top of the RX,but was awesome,so RDTA was my next move.My sister wanted to buy me a gift,naturally I pointed her in the "right" direction,the iJoy Combo RDTA.

2617f6247007d4f4310e1ebda0001862.jpg

My "noob" vaper friend went and bought a setup,Minikin V1.5,so I had to have one of these,sold the RX in a heartbeat.

a157c6a837cd5cee273cd268f18407b2.jpg

And then everyone wants to try a mech some time in their vaping career...

35dae9ccc29311fa43fac5e83d7faa04.jpg

Needless to say the hardware will always change,but with vaping I made some good friends,and even though Im not completely off the stinkies,Im getting there...Perseverance is key!

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Well, I Suppose i owe you, dear reader, an apology. I shan't be posting any pictures as I have (As i always have) deleted them as the memories are too painful to be reminded of.

Where should I begin my story?
From where is it apt to convey my journey without boring my dear reader with my life's woes. Well I suppose I shall have to begin with how i began smoking in the first place... Growing up my father used to smoke two packets of camels a day. My brother and I used to get preached at and told "Cigarettes will kill you and ruin your life", I suppose this is where my infatuation with nicotine began. We slowly began to form a hatred with the dreaded fags. We began stealing them (Myself at age four and my brother at age seven) and pelting them at our neighbor's undeserving garden, which is probably why the gardens poor great green garden of grass weltered and died so, but i digress.

I am steadfast in my thinking that my dear reader is tiring of reading of these nonsensical babbling on's of mine...

I was only knee high to an arcade machine at age twelve when i took my first nauseating, coughing fit, crying inducing puff of stinkie smoke; a moment I would regret for the rest of my days. I didn't touch another one of the paper wrapped withered leafed tobacco sticks again until I was fourteen. This was to be remembered as the remnants of my childhood. I still think now, that this was the end of my rein as king in the world of adolescents. I began smoking at fourteen slowly. From bumming buds of of older boys to the day I bought my first box.

I suppose it was conducive to my state of mind as a child. I was never rebellious, but I would only do that which scared me. From drinking to other menial and meaningless activities in which i partook for the simple satisfaction of beating myself. A stupid and all together pointless activity i am more than well aware.

This continued until I was roughly fifteen or sixteen. This is where I fear the entire forum may decide to turn on me. For I have been active on this forum since I was sixteen. I must now transition back to the fifteen year old version of Michael. After a year of agony and pack a day smoking I began to notice the horrendous effects of smoking which have taken so many of my family and my family's close friends. I, at the age of only fifteen, began struggling with the issues which plague long time users. I was struggling to breath, to climb stairs, Goodness, dear reader, even waking up i dreaded for the gut wrenching coughing was enough to place my day under a dark cloud of fear. A cloud of fear which I would continue to be rained upon by until I Found Ecigssa at age Sixteen. Yes, I know, I am a terrible person, I violated all of the rules, I am well aware of what I did, but I don't regret it.

I found the forum after I saw my first screwdriver mod on Reddit. Shortly after this I was in China Town with a friend, I picked up a pen, some Fake liqua and began my journey into a new health, where my incomprehensibly weak immune system wasn't abused. This was merely a week after reading @Silver and @Rob Fisher posts on the forum, I was curious to see I would also be able to save myself. I used this ego CE4 for the next month before getting fed up with it.

Shortly after this I began wanting more out of my experience. I had managed to kick my habit of smoking the cancer causing, carcinogenic casket causing sticks, but I was on the verge of relapsing into my habit. So i posted for the first time on the forum after my introduction. I posted a question asking for advice to by a VV/VW device. I was inundated with help, suggestions and offers, I was overwhelmed with all of the help and support we are so accustomed to today on this forum.

I ended up purchasing a Hana 40w from a forum member. I asked him if he possibly also had a spare RDA to sell, to wit he said only that he had one he could give me. I was amazed at the spirit and helpfulness of our dear forum members. Dear reader, I met him at tygervalley, where he handed me a Juicy Joes box, in which was the device, an RDA, wire, cotton and roughly 20 different drip tips. I cannot thank you enough for your generosity sir, people like you give society hope in humanity and the humility of humanity. To help out someone like me, who could barely afford the asking price which you already lowered so that i might not have to smoke the deadly sinful sticks again. Thank you.

Soon after I began searching for more aesthetically pleasing mods after I was satisfied that i was finished my habitual smoking. I ended up purchasing a SMOK rocket and a Kangertech Mega from a forum member. Which I still have with me to this day. This lasted me all of a week before I decided that mechanical mods where the future... Yes dear reader, I know, I know... I purchased a smok fury s and a kayfun v3, which I still use from time to time with some of my old liqua tobaccos. This was perfection, near on heaven to me, It was at this point I discovered Lekka Vapours, This opened my mind to flavors which were not just tolerable but actually delectable. From then I ventured further down the Mech rabbit-hole to purchase a SMPL clone and an orchid clone. This is my most nostalgic vaping memory. Sitting with my brother in his room vaping Five Pawns Gambit on my, Oh my god 0.8 ohm orchid RTA. Soon after I broke my orchids glass I purchased a Smok M80 and bell cap for it.

This was the beginning of a much longer and more depressingly beautiful story which I shan't bore my dear reader with.

All i shall say is that regardless of this all, I truly believe that Vaping has saved my life. With the cancer that runs in my genes, I am sure if I continued smoking I would have suffered and made my loved ones suffer for it.

Sincerely dear reader, You are part of this forum, this family.
Never forget why we vape. It is not for the amazing flavors or the beautiful clouds. It is so that we may lead healthy full lives.
THAT IS WHY WE VAPE.

So dear reader, I shall leave you with this one last heartfelt message.

Thank You.

Funny enough, I have never smoked a stinky in my life!! Yuck!
I always smoked bubbly and found vaping to be a much better alternative. So yeah, been vaping some time now. My First vape was the Smok stick plus. I dont have a pic of it and it was stolen from me when I was mugged and beaten. I however, slowly saved up to get the next vape. I have loved the journey that vaping has taken me on, meeting new people, entering and winning cloud comps etc.
Thank you for this comp, I would like to win so that I don't have to spend all my money on a beautiful vape or 10L of Paulies juice lol.
#BeebzLove

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk

Wow have i got a story for you @Paulie. firstly thanks for the awesome comp man. i need some juice so lets go ...

I was basically told that if i don't give up smoking i WILL kill myself. i was born premature with a a serious heart condition and the doctors basically gave me a couple months but no way nicBLAZE doesn't go out like that lol. i decided i was gonna show them and so i did in the worst possible way, i started smoking.

for +- 10 years i was on the stinkies and it sucked. every morning tight chest. coughing all the time and then the worst i have bad sinus problems so my smoking would set off my sinuses and it was a vicious circle.

In anycase last year i was going through a rough patch and i was blessed enough to stumble across this forum. because i signed up and in no time one of the greatest guys i know the one the only mr Sickboy77 piff'd me one of the greatest gifts ever. i received an i just2 and some of he's juice and just like that i was off the stinkies. about a month after that i was giving a better job. My life got better in general, i could breathe again and bam its almost half a year without the stinkies. If i had to tell you how much vaping has changed my life we'd be here all day. but yeah its been an awesome journey.

I have a story in parts!

Started vaping back in 2012 with a twisp. Then I discovered the online world (the ecig forum) and got completely obsessed. I moved on to evods, then protanks and evics and then started on the serious stuff!

Got an Atmizoo Roller, an Atmizoo Dingo and a Kayfun when they first came out. I was importing juice from all over the world Good Life Vapour, Yaeliq, Alice in Vapeland etc.
RollerSSPvsDingoSSM.jpg

Then I got my big boy pants and moved into Reoville and started with diy!

Mid 2014 I realised that my hobby had become a complete obsession. Also I was struggling to sleep and my neck was always cramped.

I decided to pack it in and got rid of everything – and stopped vaping.
photo 1.JPG

Forward a year and I was on stinkies again. Decided I had to vape again so at the start of the year I acquired 2 picos and some of the great juice now available locally. Have just upgraded to a Halcyon DNA 200 + Hadaly and on the lookout for a reo or 2. I have also very aggressively dropped my nic levels to prevent the sleep thing. Already on 2mg and have started buying 0mg and some nic to work down to 1mg.

Hoping to get down to 0mg and not let the gadget obsession become overwhelming again!

I have a story in parts!

Started vaping back in 2012 with a twisp. Then I discovered the online world (the ecig forum) and got completely obsessed. I moved on to evods, then protanks and evics and then started on the serious stuff!

Got an Atmizoo Roller, an Atmizoo Dingo and a Kayfun when they first came out. I was importing juice from all over the world Good Life Vapour, Yaeliq, Alice in Vapeland etc.
View attachment 85859

Then I got my big boy pants and moved into Reoville and started with diy!

Mid 2014 I realised that my hobby had become a complete obsession. Also I was struggling to sleep and my neck was always cramped.

I decided to pack it in and got rid of everything – and stopped vaping.
View attachment 85858

Forward a year and I was on stinkies again. Decided I had to vape again so at the start of the year I acquired 2 picos and some of the great juice now available locally. Have just upgraded to a Halcyon DNA 200 + Hadaly and on the lookout for a reo or 2. I have also very aggressively dropped my nic levels to prevent the sleep thing. Already on 2mg and have started buying 0mg and some nic to work down to 1mg.

Hoping to get down to 0mg and not let the gadget obsession become overwhelming again!

Oh my word! I always wanted an Atmizoo Roller back in the day! Those were the real deal! :envy:

They "were"? YOu sold them?
I have never been a collector - only ever kept what I needed (although regretting selling the Reo's now!)
As soon as I got me Reo's I knew I was never going to hassle with a tank again. The best available in those days was the Kayfun and it was still a messy affair!

It was cold misty morning in June when the idea started strangling my everyday thoughts.
upload_2017-2-22_17-58-25.png
So enticing and appealing to the point where my leg muscles started working without the brains conscent.
I found myself heading in the direction of the local tobacconist.
upload_2017-2-22_17-57-28.png
A small humble abode wreaking of crushed blended leaves.
On entering, a reflection off a glass cabinet caught a window to my soul.
It was filled with all kinds of goodies that felt so familiar yet astranged to my collected experiences. A feeling of merchandise that was part of my habit but have refrained from entering my frame of mind.
Suddenly a voice disturbed my nuance of excitement :" You know it is better than smoking!" said a overly fitted girl from behind a glassy desighned counter.
I first studied the flowering tattoo on her strong arm for a few moments before responding : "That's what i heard."
upload_2017-2-22_17-59-44.png
With some rainy day savings crumbled up in my back pocket i felt i earned some time to listen to flower.
The words waterfalled from her mouth and dripped on the sweetspot of my mind.
I reached for the crumbled and creased notes and removed them from their pouch of slumber.
"What could i get for this?" i uttered rather with hint of auspiciouness.
"Loads but i recommend this": she said while leaning over and revealing the butterfly on her neck. I thought to myself that maybe he was the pollinator of her flower while releasing a caged snicker.

She handed me a box.
A black box which i opened with new found eagerness and found within two chemically driven pen looking devices.
rBVaGVRsOwiAIzWnAAF5Wje3fVg712.jpg

"These are the best we have and it is called Maxi ecigs" was what she responded during my new found moments of excitement.
After some brief instructions, some strange new fluids to test and payment completed i left the abode thinking to myself ......
" I have some exciting times ahead."

Never looked back after that day and i also have to admit that Paulies Coffee Cake was the first juice i discovered that confirmed and cemented my decision to stick to vaping.
Never really thanked you @Paulie for that. :)

Last edited:
OK... so here is my story...

I never wanted to quit smoking... ever... I loved it! I mean really loved it and I was a proud smoker...

I then met my current boyfriend about 11 months ago... he was a vaper... I used to love the smell of his vapes and always wanted to guess what flavor he had in...

One day he said to me just try it... I did... and coughed my lungs out! Said to him I don't know how he can smoke that stuff and I lit another cigarette...

So as the weeks went by I tried again and again... purely because it smelled soooooo nice!

Eventually I decided to go to the flea market (don't judge me... we all make stupid mistakes)... and bought one of those cheap thin ones for myself... that was my first one... didn't really enjoy it all that much... and carried on smoking only using my "vape" when I had a couple of drinks...

Well... then this one fateful day we went to Vape King Stoneridge to buy some juice for my boyfriend and they were running a promotion ... we got to pop a lucky balloon...

So I was handed the task to pick a balloon and pop it... I picked up the little piece of paper from the floor and read it... it read "Kangertech subox mini c" ... I looked at it all puzzled and asked them what is this? *blush* ... The lady got all excited and told me I won a mod... once again I looked at her all confused and asked "What does that mean"? *double blush* ... needless to say once they explained everything to me I was really chuffed! And walked out of there with my first vape and my first ever proper juice... the Paulies coffee cake! And it's still one of my favorites!

OK well... that is how I won my Kangertech that I am still using... I just replaced the tank with the nano tank (that I got as a birthday present) ...

So for a couple of weeks I still smoked cigarettes together with the vape... but cut down quite a bit... until one day... I was sitting outside having a cigarette and all of a sudden realised that I'm not enjoying it all! It tasted terrible! I killed my smoke and that was it... no more smoking and a full time vaper!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have only ever truly been a vaper. At the relatively old age of 18 I had my first cigarette and hated it. Then a second and a third and still hated it. Ever persevering I consumed a few boxes. Never truly enjoying it but somehow still enticed by the warmth and buzz.

Coincidentally during a descent into the bowels of YouTube I came across electronic cigarettes. As a tech fanatic I was sold instantly. Following my discovery I proceeded to read as much of ECF as I could. Coming to terms with: 510, cartomisers, clearomisers and ce4. I was astounded by the depth of this electronic alternative.

The next step was to find a local supplier. I discovered VapeAfrica and Yusuf. VA had a shop so off I went to get my first device. Little did I know it was a sketchy looking converted office in a residence.

Inside I decided on a JustFog maxi
ef89fd9bb885844a31d20f793c2684fd.jpg

and some liqua energy drink in 18mg.
ef01d1fff097e206d06c3f6769d2762e.jpg

A pretty blond girl set it all up for me and handed it to my outstretched hands. I took a drag and tried not to projectile vomit all over the sales person. I quickly paid up croaked thanks and proceeded to drive home cursing my stupid choice.

It's a +- 20 minute drive home so the perseverance kicked in. I had another drag then a dry heave. Another drag and I felt some flavour. Another drag and i felt a little buzz. Once I had gotten home I was in bliss.
I was a vaper.

What a comp

So my first vape was a yayca yy360 and wow did I love it, felt like I was at the top end of vaping at the time meanwhile I was right at the bottom but it did what it had to, I stopped smoking after buying the yacya until it bombed out on me
Then started smoking again for a long while until last year January I finally got myself an ijust S and thought I was a cloud chaser clearly wasn't, I also got a pico with a melo 3 as a second vape and was doing really well with the no smoking thing.
I then got the pico squeeze and started building for the first time and man did I love it, loved the way you could control every single thing, the ohms, the wraps, the kind of wire and all that.

Me being a student and wanting to upgrade had to sell everything to just get a little cash for a new set up
So I got my tarot 160 watt with a tornado RTA which I still have and love, also got the rogue mech mod, then I got a Karma Kit Mech mod and finally to top it all off I got my purple minikin V2 with a moonshot tank and I love it so much!!

I've stopped smoking fully for around 8 months now, and will never go back, vaping is truly apart of my lifestyle and making it even better is that tank of Paulie's coffee cake in the mornings the M17 is literally a dream mod for me seeing as it'll take 10 years for me to work towards getting after I complete my studies, whoever gets it is really lucky!

I have also converted my entire ex smoking family and girlfriend and friends to vaping, thought it was my duty to enlighten them seeing as it brought me so much joy and still does

Vape on

aba30435b5d6b1932ed83a8ee57c74fe.jpg
8bec5abcb6894ec35c755973217e5612.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi - 1st week of March I been of the stinkies for a year after smoking stinkies for 30 yrs - it was a week before my birthday and a lady friend of mine bought me a smok ego cloud one as an early birthday present plus a 3mg juice - what I always remember was that first vape I experienced so much cloud and flavour I was totally amazed - the amount of cloud hooked me instantly - the 3mg was initially too low as i still at that stage got cravings for a stinkie - i switched to a 6mg juice which helped me kill off the cigarette cravings - it was about 2 months then I upgraded my device and eventually dropped back to 3mg juice - haven't looked back and still love my vaping and am cigarette free now for 1 yr - vape on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012: As you wake up and get out of bed your lungs start craving that feeling of relaxation like you didnt sleep enough already.
I go onto the balcony coffee in 1 hand and a Marlboro red in the other. Contemplating life. Can anything be this good. I was still studying so funds were tough to keep my habbit going. But nothing felt better than having that fresh new pack.

But as you all know a fresh pack of Stinkies is just like pulling out gum during class. Everyone wants to bump one. Which then leads to you needing another pack by the next morning. Day in day out for 5 years this has been the routine...
Untill one day my cousin whips out his ecigalike. I try it but like any smoker i find reason to fault it. Reason to not want to move on with the times...
As the months go past 1 morning i am woken up by the sound of my lungs weezing and chest squeezing. No matter how hard i try i could not stop coughing. But once you have that cig all is well again. This continued until early one morning i had started coughing up blood. It was then i decided enough is enough and i need to stop.

The next day i went google crazy and found myself in the same course of the day heading to pick up my first ecig. Which back then was a trusty Greensmoke.
download (2).jpg
On the way back to work i open it and started trying it. Coughing like a crazy person for the first 1 hour while trying to use it. But as the days went after 2 weeks i realized i just managed to quit so easily. The day i bought it was my last cigarette.

As i work in IT i felt obliged to research more. I started noticing people had joined as well. Everyone started pulling out Twisps over time. I myself never wanted to be like everyone as i need to be different. Out of Googling i stumble accross Kangertech. However at that time i had no Idea where to get any of this gear. Until i am invited to what may have been the first VapeMeet by @Yiannaki .

He helped me pick the right sort of tank. I ended up with a Protank Mini 3 Which i put on the Battery of a Twisp. Let me tell you that was one sweet looking setup .

From then began an endless Journey bouncing inbetween devices looking for the perfect Setup.

Which went in this Order.
61f01448-b708-4094-8d49-7237d97930a8.jpg

Ended Up at the Minikin V2 + OBS Engine.
After a month i realised i have found the perfect Tank but the device was Flawed. That shape. It Just could not fit well in my pockets. Yes the ladies loved it. But to me the setup was still not complete.

Fast Forward to the present i see a guy using a Snow Wolf. Absolutely beautiful. My OCD kicks in. But the problem is its still a big device. Just 1 week later announced is the 235 Plus. I order this thing as soon as it arrives.

Low and behold i found my perfect daily setup. A tank that cant leak and hold more juice than most even with its tiny Size. A build that needs no more than 40W and a device that last 2 days. Fits in the pocket well. Extremely light and 1 hell of a looker.

This is where my whole journey took me...
6de8b9ab-78d8-4eea-93c0-89f5c0174719.jpg

THANK YOU GREENSMOKE

Last edited:
My vaping journey started a couple years ago, a close buddy had an aspire atlantis 1 on an aspire cf tube mod. Every time we would be chilling I'd be vaping the life and juice out of his setup lol yes I was that friend...it got me interested in this whole vaping thing, screw a coil in, pour in some juice and I have flavored smoke, I mean what kind of witchcraft is this? I spent the next few months saving up for a twisp, which at the time I thought was probably the best option as it was marketed well. Finally the day came where I bought my twisp and a couple juices, I used it to the point that the finish started wearing off but I wasn't really satisfied, I used to smoke my courtleighs and in between the amount of cigarettes I limited myself to for a day I'd use the twisp. I wanted more, I wanted something better, I watched numerous YouTube videos until I finally decided that I wanted a Kangertech Subtank Mini and an iStick 50w. When I got my setup I purchased some juices not knowing that the 18mg nicotine in the twisp is nothing like a lower nicotine level in my Subtank, 6mg nicotine juices in the Subtank forced me to almost cough up a lung but instead of blaming it on my choice of nicotine strength I blamed it on local juice and only bought international juice from that point on. As the months went by I kept changing up devices and rta's, mastered my coil wrapping skills and wicking and.I was happy for a lil while like all vapers untilthe next best thing comes out, all this while still smoking cigarettes as well. In April last year I got married, had my vaporflask with a griffin 22 in my tux pocket, catching a drag or 2 every now and then, a guest at my wedding handed me his vape to try and I was like wow this tastes just like lemon iced tea, I asked him what it was and what do you know it was Paulies. On my honeymoon I woke my wife up early, told her I wanted to go vape shopping lol can you imagine her reaction. I went to a well known vape supplies store and bought every juice available in Paulies line and ever since then it's been in my rotation, I realized that our local juice is on par if not better in some profiles than the international stuff. @Paulie Coffee Cake and Apricot Jam Donut have become my favorite juices of all time, there's never a time I don't have a bottle of each on hand plus it's affordable. I've come a long way since then, better equipment, more knowledge, building skills have improved, started playing around with DIY but my favorites will still be my favorites, no substitute for that. Vaping has become a lifestyle for me, I have designated home and out and about setups, and I can barely handle the smell of cigarette smoke anymore. I think more than anything I switched over because of my wife, cigarette smoke gives her mahor sinus issues so the switch has her happy, has my health at bay, in flight i don't have to worry about that nicotine craving. As a student completing my Commercial License, I'm sure that people would rather see a pilot with a vape in hand rather than a cigarette, it ruins the professionalism the uniform brings. That's my story guys, thank you @Paulie for playing a huge part in my switch

Last edited:
Back