Ph Values And Harshness Of Eliquid

Interesting, some juices really do hit my throat hard even at the same nic level as others.
Maybe its down to the PG/VG levels but maybe it the PH level.
I had some 9mg Liqua today and man it was damn harsh on my throat, switch to 12mg Vapour Mountain custard and smoothness.

Eish...I really don't know where the harshness comes from, one of my diy's was also harsh and I cant say why,
guess I will get the answers with time...I will have to do things like testing ph and see if I can identify a reason...

I know PG can add a bit harshness, my diy's are all 60/40 Vg/Pg though, so dont know where the harshness came from?

funny thing is that i smoked for more than 20 years and only when i stopped i actually started to learn how it worked,what was in it and how it effected my body. i am also fascinated with the vaping technology and how its freely shared. the sharing of info has had a big affect on the growth of the industry. thanks for the link, some interesting info there.

No problem, I will have to read it over twice again to absorb some more info :)
I also enjoy the freedom of info and the eagerness of everyone that wants to help and give input....awesome...

Excellent read!

Just so happens I'm picking up some lab glassware tomorrow, may as well get some testing papers.

While alkalinity does play a factor, I think some ingredients definitely do play a factor regarding throat and lung hit, especially with warmer vapes:

So far for me:
Nicotine (Don't care I they say lower PH level decreases hit, you lung hit +18mg on drip and you'll see )
Cinnamon
Peanut

What you guys finding?

I have just started DIY, so give me a week or two then I can almost comment :)

I can definitely say PG and higher nic content hits harder, in another thread I read that VG is alkaline so maybe thats why some of my mixes leaning towards VG is a bit harsh sometimes? But its still to early for me to say :)

Will be interesting to see what your findings are with hem papers, please do tell :).... Are you going to create a base line with
raw PG/VG/flavouring?

Back