Photography

Such good portraiture of @Stosta and @Greyz in their natural environment!
200.gif

That's for you and your comment Mr @Feliks Karp ! And yes, I searched Giphy for "poop"!

Froggy small.jpg
My new avatar, caught this little one in the garden this morning, light was a bit harsh, not a decent macro lens, so had to crop and a bit of contrast/ colour adjustments

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

View attachment 78797
My new avatar, caught this little one in the garden this morning, light was a bit harsh, not a decent macro lens, so had to crop and a bit of contrast/ colour adjustments

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Marvellous @acorn !

Hippo Shots taken with my stock lens and then the others with my 400mm Prime Lens at St Lucia... still learning!
StLucia 118.JPG StLucia 142.JPG StLucia 163.JPG StLucia 164.JPG StLucia 234.JPG StLucia 240.JPG StLucia 256.JPG StLucia 261.JPG StLucia 263.JPG StLucia 274.JPG StLucia 290.JPG StLucia 300.JPG

@Schnitzel Frontier do you clear your meta data embedded in your pics? I was hoping to check your settings for these awesome pics... I'm a real amateur and trying to stay away from putting my Canon 80D on Auto... :D

@Rob Fisher I don't normally clear the metadata. It appears once on the forum or downloaded it doesn't show any data.

My apologies, always keen on sharing.
All pictures shot with my Sony A57 SLT camera.
1st Picture - f/6.3, 1/20 sec, ISO 400, 250mm (18-250mm Zoom Lens)
2nd Picture - f/2.8, 1/2000 sec, ISO 200, 100mm (100mm Prime Macro lens)
3rd Picture - f/4.5, 1/800 sec, ISO 200, 100mm (18-250mm Zoom Lens)

Best way to use manual settings is Practice Practice Practice :)
Its also good practice to use the aperture or shutter priority modes and see what different settings produce and what settings your camera decides on.

Hope this helps

@Rob Fisher I don't normally clear the metadata. It appears once on the forum or downloaded it doesn't show any data.

My apologies, always keen on sharing.
All pictures shot with my Sony A57 SLT camera.
1st Picture - f/6.3, 1/20 sec, ISO 400, 250mm (18-250mm Zoom Lens)
2nd Picture - f/2.8, 1/2000 sec, ISO 200, 100mm (100mm Prime Macro lens)
3rd Picture - f/4.5, 1/800 sec, ISO 200, 100mm (18-250mm Zoom Lens)

Best way to use manual settings is Practice Practice Practice :)
Its also good practice to use the aperture or shutter priority modes and see what different settings produce and what settings your camera decides on.

Hope this helps

It does indeed help thanks! Photography (well real photography) is a lot more difficult than one expects... sure the great equipment helps but only so far.. I want that CRYSTAL CLEAR and SHARP image in my photos... I know that's only a small part but SHARP FOCUS (on the subject) pics really get my engine going!

It does indeed help thanks! Photography (well real photography) is a lot more difficult than one expects... sure the great equipment helps but only so far.. I want that CRYSTAL CLEAR and SHARP image in my photos... I know that's only a small part but SHARP FOCUS (on the subject) pics really get my engine going!

I agree, its something that requires time and dedication. If you have the right eye and patient you can take an award winning photograph with a smartphone haha.

The pinsharp quality in pictures is something that takes time to master. The first thing to really go for is making sure specific points are in focus even if you mess up the rest of the subject. For example the eyes are a must, then the tip of the nose and then the tips of the ears etc. These aspects of a face are what humans first look at when seeing someone so If you get them sharp you are generally safe from there :)

Would love to see some of your work sometime

I will include the metadata on all my pics in future as well :)

Thanks very much ! I was at a Big cats breeding reserve/program in Limpopo. Some friends of mine were raising the baby tigers at the time :)
Three 8 week old tigers, one male and two females.

Amazing opportunity!

Wow - that's amazing indeed
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Back