Pioneer 4 you IPV 6X

Does anyone know of any other issues except if you incorrectly install the batteries?

Apparently the device can't lock (like your normal three click and it locks the firing) , so you have the risk of either accidentally changing the wattage or furring the mod (again brain power is key here :p) .Also if in TC mode you have to go into the menu to adjust the Temp , which is a non-issue for me as I don't use TC.

Hmmm , this seems to be more pocketable than the MinikinV2 , anybody have a comparison shot height wise. Also does a 25mm tank sit flush ?

For the price it's a no brainer....
Hi Daniel , not sure about the height but it sits 28mm atomizers pretty nicely , ive attached two pics from VPNFAGN channel , the second pic is in comparison to the ipv4

28mm.PNG ipv4.PNG

Does anyone know of any other issues except if you incorrectly install the batteries?

There's no button lock, a clumsy way to adjust temp in TC mode and TCR mode doesn't work. And shutting the device off is also pretty clumsy.

I just don't know if +/- R800 is worth it for a buggy mod in my opinion...

The battery issue, and Temp control issues I can deal with, but mod chipping and peeling is a moerse no no...

No IPV for me ever again... IPV4 was crap and so was the IPV6... the paint peeled off it like a prize out of a Xmas Cracker!

I knew he added some colour to his commentary:-D

I have the 1st version 1.2.
  • it doesnt have the data wires on the usb conn, only power. ie not consumer upgradeable.
  • The screen is upside down for my style of vaping.
  • SS wire glows cherry red at 30J 100 degrees C in TCR mode, ie poorly implemented TC
  • On Ni Ti and SS presets you get the temp protect msg and all power to coil is cut, doesnt sound like TC to me.
  • The hinge pin for the battery door has too much play causing the batt door to rock and pop open. ie pressing on the batt door hinge area will pop the door open. It occurs occasionally when building on the mod or putting the mod down on a hard surface.
  • The color on the bottom of the mod wore through to bare zinc in 4 weeks, only sat on my computer desk and formica counter tops.
In wattage mode it works quite well, but it went into the broom cupboard anyway.

Hey guys, thinking about getting one of these because it's lightweight and can be charged via usb. A friend has a Sigelei Fuchai 213 and that charges like lightning with a fast charge 2A charger for cellphones. Does this charge as fast? Would you recommend it? I don't have an issue with the reverse polarity protection, if I mess up it's on me. I'd also like to know if anyone has tried this out with TC and has any issues with it?

Is anyone that bought this having any problems with it? Please get back to me. Thanks a lot all! :D

TL;DR
Does this charge quickly via USB?
Does the TC work properly for you?
If you own one, what do you think?

Hey guys, thinking about getting one of these because it's lightweight and can be charged via usb. A friend has a Sigelei Fuchai 213 and that charges like lightning with a fast charge 2A charger for cellphones. Does this charge as fast? Would you recommend it? I don't have an issue with the reverse polarity protection, if I mess up it's on me. I'd also like to know if anyone has tried this out with TC and has any issues with it?

Is anyone that bought this having any problems with it? Please get back to me. Thanks a lot all! :D

TL;DR
I'd rather get the IPV8, basically the same mod put the IPV8 puts put 230W and is a tad more accurate and has a few other issues fixed - such as locking the device.

Alternatively the Smok Alien is extremely similar in size and offers fast balanced charging via USB. Although the Smok Alien has had issues with the paint job - I have heard the newer batch of Alien mods have had their paint issue fixed though.

I have a Smok Alien almost at my local post office and I have an IPV8 on its way from China.
Unfortunately I have not yet received either so cannot compare the two against each other. I believe DJLSB Vapes reviewed both of these mods so you can check his videos to see how accurate their TC is and the power output.

TL;DR
I have one sitting in the broom cupboard as a standby, in case.
Ive only charged externally.
TC is a mockery, SS coil glows red when using custom TCR menu with 0.88 as the factor, 30W 100 deg C.
On the preset menu's for TC it just cuts power and gives a "no juice" msg.
Menu is upside down and cant be flipped, batt door pops open due to it seesawing about the batt contacts, ie push on the hinge piece and the latch side flips up and opens.

A Smok Alien with silicone sleeve would be a better idea, paints bubbles and peels due to hand and sweat oils.

Back