Predictions for vaping in 2017

You make a very good point @Clouds4Days

Lol

We may have to make a plan for Rob's display cabinet/s on the day
Hehe

My ten completely wild predictions for the year:

1. Medical research will reveal some problems with high temperature vaping. Sales of 300W+ mods will slow as concerned vapers revert to cooler vapes and single-cell 80W mods.
2. Both commercial juice manufacturing and DIY will be hit hard by the revelation that flavourings are causing health problems. The larger flavour houses will announce plans to release entirely new lines, similar to the DX or V2 lines but now with different chemicals omitted.
3. The FDA regulations will be relaxed somewhat, although the pharma and tobacco sectors will continue to increase their market share in the US and global markets. Open system vaping gear will become less common, with manufacturers pushing to sell closed systems in which the mod and tank come as one inextricable unit. There will be a move towards disposable cartridges which contain coil, wick and juice, and which simply slot out and get discarded when they're used up.
4. Wicking will undergo something of a revolution, with at least one new high-tech wick being released which is more efficient/less fussy/lasts longer than cotton.
5. By year end, almost every mod released will talk to your smart phone and be adjustable via your phone.
6. At least two corporate giants (Sony, Apple, Samsung, Virgin, etc) will announce plans to start manufacturing and marketing vaping gear.
7. ISO will release its first international vaping standards, which will be compulsory specifications in both the EU and NA, but not yet compulsory in SA.
8. Regulators in several countries will look to restricting the possession of nicotine at home. A thriving black market in DIY nicotine will start.
9. I will be vaping 0mg nic by the end of the year. It's the only substance in my vaping that can be regulated out of reach.
10. Wayne won't be running DIYorDIE anymore. It may still exist but he will have moved on and be doing something else, possibly in the corporate market. He is turning down a lot of money to give away free recipes and free advice. Passion and youthful idealism only last so long. I also think he is too ambitious and impatient to stick with just mixing. He is already moving his site towards tech, art and other areas. He will only sit and formulate recipes for so long before he tires of it and seeks new challenges.

At the end of the year, you can all laugh at how wrong I was. I totally suck at predictions. :D

My ten completely wild predictions for the year:

1. Medical research will reveal some problems with high temperature vaping. Sales of 300W+ mods will slow as concerned vapers revert to cooler vapes and single-cell 80W mods.
2. Both commercial juice manufacturing and DIY will be hit hard by the revelation that flavourings are causing health problems. The larger flavour houses will announce plans to release entirely new lines, similar to the DX or V2 lines but now with different chemicals omitted.
3. The FDA regulations will be relaxed somewhat, although the pharma and tobacco sectors will continue to increase their market share in the US and global markets. Open system vaping gear will become less common, with manufacturers pushing to sell closed systems in which the mod and tank come as one inextricable unit. There will be a move towards disposable cartridges which contain coil, wick and juice, and which simply slot out and get discarded when they're used up.
4. Wicking will undergo something of a revolution, with at least one new high-tech wick being released which is more efficient/less fussy/lasts longer than cotton.
5. By year end, almost every mod released will talk to your smart phone and be adjustable via your phone.
6. At least two corporate giants (Sony, Apple, Samsung, Virgin, etc) will announce plans to start manufacturing and marketing vaping gear.
7. ISO will release its first international vaping standards, which will be compulsory specifications in both the EU and NA, but not yet compulsory in SA.
8. Regulators in several countries will look to restricting the possession of nicotine at home. A thriving black market in DIY nicotine will start.
9. I will be vaping 0mg nic by the end of the year. It's the only substance in my vaping that can be regulated out of reach.
10. Wayne won't be running DIYorDIE anymore. It may still exist but he will have moved on and be doing something else, possibly in the corporate market. He is turning down a lot of money to give away free recipes and free advice. Passion and youthful idealism only last so long. I also think he is too ambitious and impatient to stick with just mixing. He is already moving his site towards tech, art and other areas. He will only sit and formulate recipes for so long before he tires of it and seeks new challenges.

At the end of the year, you can all laugh at how wrong I was. I totally suck at predictions. :D

What a fabulous read @RichJB
Loved that. Thanks.
We will no doubt come back towards the end of 2017 and look at this thread and either smile, laugh or cry!

Donny won the US election so I predict that vaping in the US will go the way big tobacco wants.

I agree that the mods will be talking to smartphones.

DIY premixes will start making it easier (premixed recipies, premixed VG/PG/nic).

Pressure sensitive dripping tanks (vaping will reduce the pressure in the RDA and a small amount of juice will be sucked into the tank to wet the wicks again through the bladder) will be the new RDTAs.

Battery Manufacturers will catch on and release safer batteries.

Good quality vape juices will be available from Pick n Pay or other popular grocery store. Maybe even an in-house brand for their in-house

Regulated devices will get a "semi mech" function. Like the Noisy Cricket ii-25.

Reciewers will release more hardware. Maybe even Todd.

Clones will get better and better.

The first android smartphone mod... Which will be terrible.

Tungston wire will hit mainstream

More vaping in movies

More LiPo mods.

More retailers and the opening of @Sir Vape JHB (call me).

Long shot: medicinal vaping

I'm never right, so ignore this list.:)

What's next?
Will the FDA screw us all?
Will Smok be bringing out the TFV20?
Will there be a Minikin V2.5?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!!

A personal prediction here but vaping related...

I predict that I will spend a ton of money on new gear, and new juices. And at the end of it I will still be vaping XXX on my Subox Mini kit! :-D

What are your predictions for vaping in 2017?

I think 2017 is going to be a big year for vaping, with so much going on.
I predict lots of fun ahead! :D

Lets hear what everyone thinks...
Let's see...Smok will come out with a new RTA and Admonis (I P V 4 you) will introduce a new mod.Also ecigssa will continue to lead the way as the apex ecig forum!

Thanks guys

Would be great to have a similar thread for 2018.

@Chukin'Vape - since you were the spotter of this above, why don't you start one for us...
Perhaps call it "Predictions for vaping in 2018"

Back