Psyclone Hadaly RDA

Maybe someone who is an expert can help me. I got the clone of this but anyway the flavour is really good. But my issue seems to be with squonking. If I slightly over squonk it comes out of the airflow holes as they so close to the base . I find the only way to squonk is by pulling the top off and having to watch the liquid fill. anyone remedy this? I even tried moving the cotton over the bottom feed pin ... Unless that's the problem with a clone?

The Hadaly does have a shallow deck, so over squonking one could be a problem for some folks. I have no idea about a clone of this fine RDA. But if it is a 1 to 1 clone you are not just slightly over squonking it, you are in fact over squonking it... or have issues with your wick tails.

I've had lots of practice squonking with the many dozens of bf attys I have, and IMO squonking is a touchy-feely thing. With any new to you bf atty there is a learning curve how to squonk it perfectly. I had to learn what the Hadaly wanted same as with the others I have when I first got them. Assuming how the wicks are positioned is correct for any particular bf atty, with the cap off so you can watch what's happening, and with 1 or 2 test squonks should have it figured out. Remember it and you will not have to ever take the cap off again.

Having the wick tails cover the squonk hole is not a good idea at all. It will restrict the excess liquid from going back into the reservoir/bottle. That excess liquid left on the deck can be degraded from the heat of the coil and contaminate the liquids flavor on the deck and if it is drawn back into the reservoir. And that trapped excess liquid can also be a possible additional cause for leaks as it negates your remembered how to squonk it perfectly routine when there is no excess liquid on the deck. So you over squonk it.

HTH

I would like to add my two cents on the Hadaly. But before I actually talk about the atty, I want to talk about something that is pretty close to my heart to get it all into perspective.

I call it The Magic Of Vaping. You know those moments, when a build and a juice and atty and mod all combine to give you an experience similar to GREAT food. Where it is more than just taste, but your system gets flooded with endorphins. That satisfied 'full' feeling that has soooooo much more going on with it than digesting food. Vaping has these same moments, when it is really so much more than inhaling nicotine with a good taste to it. The experience being more than the sum of the parts. I have no other words for it but I chase this satisfied feeling all the time. That feeling is the true source of FOMO.

Enter the Hadaly. Not FOMO. This is a case of YAMO. You ARE Missing Out. For some reason adding it to the equation has ended up, to me, to be THAT. More than the sum of the parts. Satisfying in deeper ways than addiction or gustatory pleasure. I don't have the right words, but I just know you understand what I mean.

If you have not vaped a similar atomizer, and Oom Rob alone probably knows what those are, what you need to do is pretend you have never vaped before, and that you know nothing about atties. It is the ONLY way to approach it as a flavor chasing noob. Forget about things like adjustable air flow. Forget schmancy posts designed to hold dual clothes wire coils. Forget about endless possibilities for builds and adjustments.

WHY? Because, in the Hadaly, they set everything up perfectly FOR you. The first time. During design process. Yes, they do seem to know better.

My first day experience with it, squonk pin installed and sitting on top of my first squonker. I am a vaper that builds 20g dual coil 12 wraps in my Phenotype L and run that at 140watts, requiring me to drip every third toot. Hadaly.... A single Clapton, not fused, 26 x 32, 40w.

First exhale off the Hadaly I was showing the fellas that I got it from the goosebumps running up and down both my arms (and I had a silly build in there still only rebuilt with the clapton in the late afternoon). I am not joking.

It is INTENSE as far as flavor goes. But now here is an observation that I think really matters a whole hell of a lot: After a day vaping the Hadaly at 40w and under, get my Goon and SDNA out. Will you believe even when pushing the wattage, I can't get the Goon to hit hard enough! It feels meek, airy. No substance. Yes I am chucking 3 meter clouds because I am hitting it so hard trying to get a full feeling out. Nada. Nope.

Back to the Hadaly at 40w, well now that's better.... WHAT? Yes. Fuller. People like to use the word throat hit, I don't want to use the word hit here at all. It it not a hit. It is a density, it is a combination of the vapor and how this atty seems to 'dry' it out. I am at bit of a loss for words here.

So, yes, flavor in spades. SPADES. TRUCKLOADS. But this atty seems to be so much more than that. I don't know if running it with absolutely no juice dripped onto a coil and just using natural wicking action makes a difference but I am also LOVING the bottom-feed. Permanently saturated cotton. NO OVER DRIPS. So clean!

It really is super neat and clean. Excess juice slurps back into the bottle and you have perfect toot every time you want. You can NOT over-squonk it seems.

Amazing.
You once asked what this exclusive bf club was all about.
We were just trying to get as many people squonking as possible to experience hassle free vaping with flavour for days!

I'm glad to see you have seen the light.

You once asked what this exclusive bf club was all about.
We were just trying to get as many people squonking as possible to experience hassle free vaping with flavour for days!

I'm glad to see you have seen the light.

Seen the light, never mind that, I have joined the monastery lol. Seriously though, yes. I understand why nobody could really put it into words. But right now, using only 35w on a DNA device, I look at those simple little Reos and I know it is all I need. One battery means tons of backups in the vape bag. Near indestructible. Takes a Halady. Great form factor.

Another YES. I am not too sure if this was one of the best, or worst things I have done in vaping. It could get a little pricey. No interest in high end regulated mods any more I have many rocking chipped devices. Now I want SIMPLE.

Seen the light, never mind that, I have joined the monastery lol. Seriously though, yes. I understand why nobody could really put it into words. But right now, using only 35w on a DNA device, I look at those simple little Reos and I know it is all I need. One battery means tons of backups in the vape bag. Near indestructible. Takes a Halady. Great form factor.

Another YES. I am not too sure if this was one of the best, or worst things I have done in vaping. It could get a little pricey. No interest in high end regulated mods any more I have many rocking chipped devices. Now I want SIMPLE.
It's cheaper in the long run if you consider you won't be buying a new device evertime a cheapie kaks out or you won't be buying the latest flavour tank that gets released every 2 weeks.

Also reos are easily repaired etc and are very robust.

Bliss X 2 mech or regulated is running a Hadaly, Clapton with RxW and a build that perfectly matches the joose. :dance1:

hads6s.jpg

This build is blowing my mind right now. I am not a Clapton fan, was running 26 x 32...

Back to twisted Nichrome, 3 strands 28g twisted tight but not springy. Needs all of 30w for a warm Vape. 3mm ID and coil sunk so air flow hits it straight on the bottom.

Flavor is so far off the charts my DIY is way too intense.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 101
Am I the only one to find this RDA to be somewhat average?

Comparing to the Petri V2 and the limited edition im just not convinced.

Various builds tried so far ranging from straight wire to twisted to framed staple aliens to finally settling on a Mohawk alien.

Don't get me wrong. It is good. But simply not great.

Setup

0.4 ohm coil 2.7mm ID
Paddy Vapes Leprechaun
Bottom fed
Stainless cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Various builds tried so far ranging from straight wire to twisted to framed staple aliens to finally settling on a Mohawk alien.

Setup

0.4 ohm coil 2.7mm ID
Paddy Vapes Leprechaun
Bottom fed
Stainless cap

I'm with you on this so far.. not really doing it for me after a bunch of experimenting.

Setup

0.4 ohm coil 2.7mm ID
Paddy Vapes Leprechaun
Bottom fed
Stainless cap

I got the Hadaly to use on my BF Therion and have a bf Petri V2 on my Leprechaun. Will "retire" my bf Transformer atty to the Coppervape.
I'll report back when I finally get some time to do all of this. My Hadaly is still in its packaging (and I got it on Monday!).

@Maxxis and @method1, the Hadaly with a 3mmID 0.6ohm 26ga 316L SS coil is nice. Like mittens are nice.
On my BF Therion (So I can play with the watts to try get the best flavour) I used to have the Vaporesso Transformer with the postless deck and I'm getting slightly better flavour from the Hadaly, but that's because I used to have the Transformer's airflow wide open and the Hadaly has much less airflow to dilute the flavour. The thing is, my OBS Engine has better flavour, and that's just dual 26ga SS @ 0.23ohm.

I'll need to try the Hadaly with different builds and see what I get.

@Maxxis and @method1, the Hadaly with a 3mmID 0.6ohm 26ga 316L SS coil is nice. Like mittens are nice.
On my BF Therion (So I can play with the watts to try get the best flavour) I used to have the Vaporesso Transformer with the postless deck and I'm getting slightly better flavour from the Hadaly, but that's because I used to have the Transformer's airflow wide open and the Hadaly has much less airflow to dilute the flavour. The thing is, my OBS Engine has better flavour, and that's just dual 26ga SS @ 0.23ohm.

I'll need to try the Hadaly with different builds and see what I get.

If I may pick your brain - I've started using the transformer as a BF atty on my Reo, also using the postless deck. Did you make your coils legs longer so that the coils sat closer to the airflow?

If I may pick your brain - I've started using the transformer as a BF atty on my Reo, also using the postless deck. Did you make your coils legs longer so that the coils sat closer to the airflow?

Sorry for the delay. My coils sit just above the airflow holes and quite close to the centre to wick quickly when I squonk. I haven't tried it closer to the airflow but it works great like this. Flavour goes straight to your mouth. I get no spitback. I also have the taller topcap/driptip on the shorter base section because I don't need to close the airflow and it looks and vapes great.

It may be the single coil, but I find the Hadaly gets to dry hit quicker than the Transformer. It may be because of the airflow that I take longer "drags" due to the airflow, but it's a point to mention none the less. A good squonk sorts this out in no time.

Attachments

• 20170203_235329.jpg
    20170203_235329.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20170203_235135.jpg
    20170203_235135.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 70
Sorry for the delay. My coils sit just above the airflow holes and quite close to the centre to wick quickly when I squonk. I haven't tried it closer to the airflow but it works great like this. Flavour goes straight to your mouth. I get no spitback. I also have the taller topcap/driptip on the shorter base section because I don't need to close the airflow and it looks and vapes great.

It may be the single coil, but I find the Hadaly gets to dry hit quicker than the Transformer. It may be because of the airflow that I take longer "drags" due to the airflow, but it's a point to mention none the less. A good squonk sorts this out in no time.

Thanks @spiv I'm going to give that a try on my next build.

Thanks Spiv. Please do.

I haven't tried the Petri RDA's for long enough where I can fairly compare it to the Hadaly. From day one I put a 26G core alien build by DNA coils. 3mm ID at 0.22ohms. I had it sitting on a regulated mod. Will see how it performs on the Leprechaun. This is by far the best RDA I've owned in terms of flavour, ease of use, build quality etc.
I don't get such intense satisfying flavour from any of my other devices.
I would love to pop in some time and test out your Petri RDA's.

I haven't tried the Petri RDA's for long enough where I can fairly compare it to the Hadaly. From day one I put a 26G core alien build by DNA coils. 3mm ID at 0.22ohms. I had it sitting on a regulated mod. Will see how it performs on the Leprechaun. This is by far the best RDA I've owned in terms of flavour, ease of use, build quality etc.
I don't get such intense satisfying flavour from any of my other devices.
I would love to pop in some time and test out your Petri RDA's.

Very interested to hear your (and others) thoughts/builds for a mech on the hadaly.

I would like to add my two cents on the Hadaly. But before I actually talk about the atty, I want to talk about something that is pretty close to my heart to get it all into perspective.

I call it The Magic Of Vaping. You know those moments, when a build and a juice and atty and mod all combine to give you an experience similar to GREAT food. Where it is more than just taste, but your system gets flooded with endorphins. That satisfied 'full' feeling that has soooooo much more going on with it than digesting food. Vaping has these same moments, when it is really so much more than inhaling nicotine with a good taste to it. The experience being more than the sum of the parts. I have no other words for it but I chase this satisfied feeling all the time. That feeling is the true source of FOMO.

Enter the Hadaly. Not FOMO. This is a case of YAMO. You ARE Missing Out. For some reason adding it to the equation has ended up, to me, to be THAT. More than the sum of the parts. Satisfying in deeper ways than addiction or gustatory pleasure. I don't have the right words, but I just know you understand what I mean.

If you have not vaped a similar atomizer, and Oom Rob alone probably knows what those are, what you need to do is pretend you have never vaped before, and that you know nothing about atties. It is the ONLY way to approach it as a flavor chasing noob. Forget about things like adjustable air flow. Forget schmancy posts designed to hold dual clothes wire coils. Forget about endless possibilities for builds and adjustments.

WHY? Because, in the Hadaly, they set everything up perfectly FOR you. The first time. During design process. Yes, they do seem to know better.

My first day experience with it, squonk pin installed and sitting on top of my first squonker. I am a vaper that builds 20g dual coil 12 wraps in my Phenotype L and run that at 140watts, requiring me to drip every third toot. Hadaly.... A single Clapton, not fused, 26 x 32, 40w.

First exhale off the Hadaly I was showing the fellas that I got it from the goosebumps running up and down both my arms (and I had a silly build in there still only rebuilt with the clapton in the late afternoon). I am not joking.

It is INTENSE as far as flavor goes. But now here is an observation that I think really matters a whole hell of a lot: After a day vaping the Hadaly at 40w and under, get my Goon and SDNA out. Will you believe even when pushing the wattage, I can't get the Goon to hit hard enough! It feels meek, airy. No substance. Yes I am chucking 3 meter clouds because I am hitting it so hard trying to get a full feeling out. Nada. Nope.

Back to the Hadaly at 40w, well now that's better.... WHAT? Yes. Fuller. People like to use the word throat hit, I don't want to use the word hit here at all. It it not a hit. It is a density, it is a combination of the vapor and how this atty seems to 'dry' it out. I am at bit of a loss for words here.

So, yes, flavor in spades. SPADES. TRUCKLOADS. But this atty seems to be so much more than that. I don't know if running it with absolutely no juice dripped onto a coil and just using natural wicking action makes a difference but I am also LOVING the bottom-feed. Permanently saturated cotton. NO OVER DRIPS. So clean!

It really is super neat and clean. Excess juice slurps back into the bottle and you have perfect toot every time you want. You can NOT over-squonk it seems.

Amazing.
Couldn't agree more!

Builds on mech's is first and foremost all about staying within the safety zone for the battery used.

I build for the juice itself in the atty I will run it in to my own personal tastes. My personal taste means not using some generic build or someone else's, but instead finding my own. Since I know all my DIY's so well the main variable is the atty itself until I know it well, and what build in it will give me what I want from the DIY on the device I run the atty on.

My two Hadaly's have different builds with one on a mech squonker, the other is on a TC Mod running two different DIY's, and both are giving me stellar flavor from these DIY's.

Setup

0.4 ohm coil 2.7mm ID
Paddy Vapes Leprechaun
Bottom fed
Stainless cap

I'm a fan of both but have only had the Hadaly for a week - for me, so far, I'd say the Petri V2 is smoother and silkier. But I must say, the flavor intensity from the Hadaly is impressive even with my mediocre building skills. Still on my first build and still smiling (0.28ohms, stainless steel clapton, 5 wrap, 3mm id, sitting very low, with short cotton bacon wicks not too tightly packed)

Mine should be coming tomorrow morning. Went the whole hog and bought the Hadaly + all 3 shorty caps. and i bought Dripbox V2 this morning to use with it.

I think the flavor intensity is all about the airflow on the Hadaly. But I do tend to think it's because the inhale lends itself to less vapor more 'wetness' when taking a toot. Hear me out....
For me I can literally feel the moisture of the juice hitting my lungs with this atty. So less vapor production more actual juice hitting my taste buds.... Anyone else having this?

I have tried a few builds now. Aliens in the Hadaly are undreal no matter the juice IMO. Smaller nichrome coils I found it excels at menthols. I never really liked XXX but I killed a 30ml in 2 days running the Hadaly. Kathal builds - not a fan, aside from the claptons. Talking normal round wire here. Watery flavor, I can get better off our Doge clone using Kanthal. Twisted Nichrome is my favorite all-rounder in this atty. But a good clapton and watch out for vaper's tongue it can get pretty thick and intense.

I think the flavor intensity is all about the airflow on the Hadaly. But I do tend to think it's because the inhale lends itself to less vapor more 'wetness' when taking a toot. Hear me out....
For me I can literally feel the moisture of the juice hitting my lungs with this atty. So less vapor production more actual juice hitting my taste buds.... Anyone else having this?

Agree that flavor intensity in the Hadaly is influenced by it's air flow, same as all atty's are, but that's not the only factor. The atty's fluid dynamics, the build for the particular joose ran in any atty, your vaping style also influences the flavor you get. To me it's not less vapor in a Hadaly, I can chuck clouds in mine with the builds in them, but rather that the vapor is more dense and flavor saturated because it's fluid dynamics are spot on. The Hadaly is not a big air atty, so I go all the way to the wild side, run them with "wide open" air and build for the joose ran in them. :)

My goal is to try to do the same in all of my atty's. With the big air atty's especially I stop down the air flow to a balance between what is not a too restrictive draw for me and achieving what is the best flavor rich vapor I can get from each of them. With some atty's/liquids that may also require altering the build to compensate for less air. Splitting hairs maybe, but it's all about flavor to me. Achieving that is not rocket science when you know what your DIY's (or premades) want as well as I know mine,,and learn how to get that from an atty that is capable of delivering it. To borrow the great term "optimize" that @Silver related to me, I optimize all the variables.

I have a Petri V2 that I like as well. But by design I can not change the air intake without changing my draw that I don't want to do. So I am only left with altering it's fluid dynamics some with coil placement and air intake orientation. The Hadaly ran as it was designed to be ran and built to the joose ran in it doesn't need any voodoo magic tricks to make it stellar for my uses. I have a lot of 22mm atty's, and none of them are as easy to get what I want from my DIY's that I prefer single builds for as in the Hadaly. I'm hoping the Kryten will be the same for my DIY's that I prefer dual builds for.

Back