Reo Mail

Gorgeous looking mod, Ernest, and because it's from Rob, it will have been obsessively well taken care of.

Alex bump...

View attachment 49074

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the setup.

Thank you so much. Yes it is beautiful, I have a long weekend set aside for playing with her and three DIY juices to see which one she likes best. She will definitely be part of the every day rotation.

Thank you so much. Yes it is beautiful, I have a long weekend set aside for playing with her and three DIY juices to see which one she likes best. She will definitely be part of the every day rotation.

Perfect timing for her to arrive, then.

I be curious about what build you want to go with and what those DIY juices are.

If this is your first 2015 woodvil, get ready for a fantastic vape - the culmination of woodvil evolution over 6 years. The inner workings are pretty much what the modmaster went with for the new P67, they're that good.

I have an urge to mod another Reo,this one I plan to make a flat top and also use a side firing button ala P67 amongst some other ideas.
Thanks to @VapeSnow,a real nice guy to deal with.
IMG_1746.jpg

I have an urge to mod another Reo,this one I plan to make a flat top and also use a side firing button ala P67 amongst some other ideas.
Thanks to @VapeSnow,a real nice guy to deal with.
View attachment 49125

Awesome! I'm new here so this will be my first start-to-finish-live-vicariously-through-Genosmate build out.

Biiiiiig fan of your work, brother. Really looking forward to watching this. Maybe start a thread to put updates in? Huh? Huh? Pretty please?

Awesome! I'm new here so this will be my first start-to-finish-live-vicariously-through-Genosmate build out.

Biiiiiig fan of your work, brother. Really looking forward to watching this. Maybe start a thread to put updates in? Huh? Huh? Pretty please?
I suppose I could post some wip pics,I don't normally because there's always a chance I'll stuff it up,machining and metalwork is a new thing for me you see,Iam a wood butcher by trade

I be curious about what build you want to go with and what those DIY juices are.

After I gave the Woodvil a mineral oil treatment I started on Alex and built a 28g, 5 wrap, 0.9 Ohm, compressed coil with 2.5mm Id.
With a fresh battery and some DIY Peach ice tea, the Woodvil hits really hard. With Peach ice tea being one of my ADV, in the Alex it's hotter, smoother and flavor like I haven't experienced it before. It's very creamy even though there is no cream in the mix.
I then tried some DIY Coconut cream to see how this creamy vape from the Alex will affect a creamy juice and with every hit I am amazed by the amount of flavor this atty produces. The coconut cream has a little sweet cream in the mix but no sweetener, because I don't like my juices too sweet, but in the Alex it is a thick, creamy, flavorful, sweet juice.
Next up is my DIY Apple ice tea. This is a fresh apple ice tea, poured over ice with a hint of sweet strawberry and in the Alex it's a thick creamy apple vape.
I still want to try a Peach and Guava mix and a Ry4 tobacco, but for now I'm enjoying the apple too much.
The 2.5mm Id coil is a winner for me, because there is enough cotton to hold a decent vape without the need to squonk all the time. I cut one leg of the cotton short to sit on the deck next to the air hole and one slightly longer to go between the posts to the juice hole. It wicks and drains perfectly leaving you with a rich, flavorful, creamy vape.
Alex truly is an amazing flavorful atty and there is nothing quite like the Woodvil.

Now, tell me about your "Alex no.1"

I suppose I could post some wip pics,I don't normally because there's always a chance I'll stuff it up,machining and metalwork is a new thing for me you see,Iam a wood butcher by trade
Master
After I gave the Woodvil a mineral oil treatment I started on Alex and built a 28g, 5 wrap, 0.9 Ohm, compressed coil with 2.5mm Id.
With a fresh battery and some DIY Peach ice tea, the Woodvil hits really hard. With Peach ice tea being one of my ADV, in the Alex it's hotter, smoother and flavor like I haven't experienced it before. It's very creamy even though there is no cream in the mix.
I then tried some DIY Coconut cream to see how this creamy vape from the Alex will affect a creamy juice and with every hit I am amazed by the amount of flavor this atty produces. The coconut cream has a little sweet cream in the mix but no sweetener, because I don't like my juices too sweet, but in the Alex it is a thick, creamy, flavorful, sweet juice.
Next up is my DIY Apple ice tea. This is a fresh apple ice tea, poured over ice with a hint of sweet strawberry and in the Alex it's a thick creamy apple vape.
I still want to try a Peach and Guava mix and a Ry4 tobacco, but for now I'm enjoying the apple too much.
The 2.5mm Id coil is a winner for me, because there is enough cotton to hold a decent vape without the need to squonk all the time. I cut one leg of the cotton short to sit on the deck next to the air hole and one slightly longer to go between the posts to the juice hole. It wicks and drains perfectly leaving you with a rich, flavorful, creamy vape.
Alex truly is an amazing flavorful atty and there is nothing quite like the Woodvil.

My opinion is a woodvil is for a single flavour only.

On metal reos I get ghost flavours coming through unless I soak the reo in vinegar water and bi carb of soda followed by a toothbrush and pipecleaner wash.
I would recommend pick a flavour and use it exclusively.

Master

My opinion is a woodvil is for a single flavour only.

On metal reos I get ghost flavours coming through unless I soak the reo in vinegar water and bi carb of soda followed by a toothbrush and pipecleaner wash.
I would recommend pick a flavour and use it exclusively.

That is what I'm busy doing. All my Reo's have their dedicated flavors and atty's and I'm acquiring more as my DIY collection grows, but as this is my first Woodvil and first Alex I have to find her sweet spot.

I find the Alex excels with one or two DIY juices I have. I typically run a single 26g 2.5mm in the .5ohm range, air wide open for MTL. Because the build tends to run a little hot, I find bakery juices do better in it (personal taste thing), so it's currently running a nice apple cinnamon graham cracker.

It sits on a reo that is dedicated to that flavour (echoing the comments above about not wanting to change out flavours too much, if at all).

I agree with you that it does well with some flavour complexity - like an english speaker does with jazz, as opposed to a japanese speaker (sorry, bit of an audiophile). It's warm and round, not bright and forward.

If you like the 14mm flavour-first atties, let me know if you want recommendations on future pick ups for your growing DIY arsenal. There are a fair few that I'd recommend.

There are a fair few that I'd recommend.

Yes, please do recommend. It's hard to find small atty's if you do not know what to look for. I am looking at a BF conversion for the Anima by Atmomixani which is a 17mm single or dual coil atty with adjustable airflow, but other than that I could not find much.

Yes, please do recommend. It's hard to find small atty's if you do not know what to look for. I am looking at a BF conversion for the Anima by Atmomixani which is a 17mm single or dual coil atty with adjustable airflow, but other than that I could not find much.

Okay, here are some suggestions for 14mm or so atties that are natively bottom fed...

* Viper V1 or V2 (V2 is better for afc)

* Matrix V1 or V2 (I prefer the V2)

* Speed

* Graal (I really like this one)

* Chalice (I is a unicorn, II's can be had in classies, III's are available at reosmods.com)

* Cyclone w/out afc (I prefer the non-afc cap - better flavour IMHO)

* NoFearAgain

* RM3 single or dual cap (available at reosmods.com)

Coming in at a slightly larger 16-18mm, but still flavour-first atties...

* Origen Little 16mm

* Nuppin' (discontinued, but available in the classies)

Okay, here are some suggestions for 14mm or so atties that are natively bottom fed...

* Viper V1 or V2 (V2 is better for afc)

* Matrix V1 or V2 (I prefer the V2)

* Speed

* Graal (I really like this one)

* Chalice (I is a unicorn, II's can be had in classies, III's are available at reosmods.com)

* Cyclone w/out afc (I prefer the non-afc cap - better flavour IMHO)

* NoFearAgain

* RM3 single or dual cap (available at reosmods.com)

Coming in at a slightly larger 16-18mm, but still flavour-first atties...

* Origen Little 16mm

* Nuppin' (discontinued, but available in the classies)
@Papa_Lazarou, as with atty's and builds and flavours, I also have a dedicated build for each atty. I like building micro coils 1.5mm in my Reo's. Gives me a crisp flavour of most of my juices. I started building with Ni80 26ga and found it quite good. IMO I think it is better than 316l SS. What is the difference between Ni80 and Nichrome wire??

@Papa_Lazarou, as with atty's and builds and flavours, I also have a dedicated build for each atty. I like building micro coils 1.5mm in my Reo's. Gives me a crisp flavour of most of my juices. I started building with Ni80 26ga and found it quite good. IMO I think it is better than 316l SS. What is the difference between Ni80 and Nichrome wire??

Ni80 means 80% nickel, 20% chromium, so it is nichrome wire (the common portmanteau of "nickel chromium").

I used to do micros at 1.5mm and they worked quite well until I ventured into lower resistances (with kanthal) and bigger air. I found the wicks, no matter the material, couldn't keep up. No experience with SS wire, I'm afraid.

Good man for tuning the build to the atty (and the juice).

image.jpeg Welcome Giuliani 8--):-D
I am so so so surprised at how light the Woodvil is. Amazing Vape with the cyclone afc, single para coil. Vaping some porcupine rock XXX honeydew.:inlove:

View attachment 49674 Welcome Giuliani 8--):-D
I am so so so surprised at how light the Woodvil is. Amazing Vape with the cyclone afc, single para coil. Vaping some porcupine rock XXX honeydew.:inlove:
I drooled over that one. Congrats and most welcome to Reoville. Here is your official Reonaut badge.

pOwIu8r.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Marlen and I am a REO addict:clap:. After a 5 week absence from the forum all I can say is wow, wow and more wow. I’ve missed a plenty. A warm welcome to all our new Reoville residents and to the current Reonauts that have added beautiful REO`s to their collections, absolutely stunning. To our international Reoville residents a warm and friendly Safrican welcome (yeh I know I’m a bit late).

So thanks to our very own enabler @Rob Fisher I am the proud owner of this little beauty. Kudous to you Rob:rock:.

REO_P67b.jpg

More picture to follow in the "Reo Mail" thread.:)

Hi everyone. My name is Marlen and I am a REO addict:clap:. After a 5 week absence from the forum all I can say is wow, wow and more wow. I’ve missed a plenty. A warm welcome to all our new Reoville residents and to the current Reonauts that have added beautiful REO`s to their collections, absolutely stunning. To our international Reoville residents a warm and friendly Safrican welcome (yeh I know I’m a bit late).

So thanks to our very own enabler @Rob Fisher I am the proud owner of this little beauty. Kudous to you Rob:rock:.

View attachment 49804

More picture to follow in the "Reo Mail" thread.:)
Ooh, a raw tumbled - my kind of stunning. Congrats and enjoy.

Back