RSQ Hotcig regulated Squonker Reviews

i wanna see whats under the carbon fiber but im scared il ruin it lol. but think it would be cool if it was all 1 colour
Yeah me too hey

Don't wanna ruin an awesome looking mod

I also had the magnet issue, when i glued it the first time i had the old glue still on, it kept popping off.

My final solution that worked and hasn't had it come off since then and over a month ago was to:
1st: Take a pen knife or share pairing knife (not a fancy one) and scraped all the old glue off both the magnet and the insert section. Make sure it is completely clean, there is even a little hole that will need cleaning, but be careful because you don't want to puncture the carbon fibre sticker.
2nd: Add a very small amount of glue in the hole and a bit inside the inserts surface, put the magnet in correctly (magnetized part facing out)
3rd: quick wipe off the excess before it drys, and hold the magnet very hard for about 2 minutes. Job done

If you get glue on the outside you can either, use acetone to clean up (works for the hands too) or scratch it off with a knife once it has dried.

I also had the magnet issue, when i glued it the first time i had the old glue still on, it kept popping off.

My final solution that worked and hasn't had it come off since then and over a month ago was to:
1st: Take a pen knife or share pairing knife (not a fancy one) and scraped all the old glue off both the magnet and the insert section. Make sure it is completely clean, there is even a little hole that will need cleaning, but be careful because you don't want to puncture the carbon fibre sticker.
2nd: Add a very small amount of glue in the hole and a bit inside the inserts surface, put the magnet in correctly (magnetized part facing out)
3rd: quick wipe off the excess before it drys, and hold the magnet very hard for about 2 minutes. Job done

If you get glue on the outside you can either, use acetone to clean up (works for the hands too) or scratch it off with a knife once it has dried.

@Riaz, acetone may do the trick on the old glue as well.

Hello all, just recently registered as when searching on google a couple of weeks ago. This place popped up regarding the hotcig rsq. Had a nice long read of the thread, plus watched Jai Hazes review on the rsq.

So I ended up buying one as I’ve just recently got into the whole squonking phenomenon.

First things first, what an awesome little squonker this thing is. Absolutely love it, I have both a dead rabbit and the new dead rabbit sq that I use with it and it’s out of this world.
I know a few of you have had issues with the magnets coming loose or falling off. Touch wood mine cane perfect but sadly it took a little knock so have a bit of a scratch on the top:-( but still works like a dream.

So a huge thanks to you guys convincing me to buy one.

So I know people have mentioned squonk bottles for this mod. The one that comes with it, isn’t too bad I guess. But I’ve heard good things about the arctic dolphin ones. So my question is, would it be the 7ml or 8ml bottle to get??

If anyone can give me an answer to that I’d be most appreciative.

Even though I’m from the U.K., I’ll be coming here for any advice and help.

Again keep up the great work, you guys know your stuff :D

Hello all, just recently registered as when searching on google a couple of weeks ago. This place popped up regarding the hotcig rsq. Had a nice long read of the thread, plus watched Jai Hazes review on the rsq.

So I ended up buying one as I’ve just recently got into the whole squonking phenomenon.

First things first, what an awesome little squonker this thing is. Absolutely love it, I have both a dead rabbit and the new dead rabbit sq that I use with it and it’s out of this world.
I know a few of you have had issues with the magnets coming loose or falling off. Touch wood mine cane perfect but sadly it took a little knock so have a bit of a scratch on the top:-( but still works like a dream.

So I know people have mentioned squonk bottles for this mod. The one that comes with it, isn’t too bad I guess. But I’ve heard good things about the arctic dolphin ones. So my question is, would it be the 7ml or 8ml bottle to get??

I got me one of these its 8ml and it fits perfect. Screenshot_20180113-205258.png

Most welcome to our forum @Yas786. Many an international vaper are members here. Happy squonking.

I got me one of these its 8ml and it fits perfect. View attachment 118984
Hey thanks for the reply. Yes I was looking at those.
Compared to the original silicone one on the rsq, is it better?? ie removing and filling the bottle. I just find the one that comes with the mod is a bit too soft and soon as you try and put it back in, the liquid gets easily displaced.

Compared to the original silicone one on the rsq, is it better?? ie removing and filling the bottle. I just find the one that comes with the mod is a bit too soft and soon as you try and put it back in, the liquid gets easily displaced.
H there @Yas786 , use a tweezer to replace the bottle, works a lot better than trying to use fingers. Grip and slip it on, saves me having to clean up every time:D

H there @Yas786 , use a tweezer to replace the bottle, works a lot better than trying to use fingers. Grip and slip it on, saves me having to clean up every time:D

That’s not a bad idea actually lol.

But honestly speaking I do need a couple of decent squonk bottles for my rsq. Just makes it easier for me to change juices rather than having to empty the bottle then fill it up.

I use both but the cap on this one I like more.

That’s not a bad idea actually lol.

But honestly speaking I do need a couple of decent squonk bottles for my rsq. Just makes it easier for me to change juices rather than having to empty the bottle then fill it up.
I agree, You can never have too many bottles, flavour variety is the best. Suppose that's why I have at least 3 mods running at any given time , with spare tanks on standby.

Hope it will help until you can get more bottles, and save some juice due to spillage.

Welcome to the forum @Yas786
Thanks for the comments
Hope you find the info and bottles you need and enjoy your stay

Been rolling like this since Saturday

Need to get some proper industrial glue to keep these magnets in.

Normal super glue is not working

IMG-20180115-WA0072.jpeg

Use loctite or qbond - don't use that cheap super glue in the tubes.
I hope q bond won't be too thick?

Coz that makes like a layer on its own, adding to the already limited space available to make the door sit flush.

But it would be better than the way it is now. Will q bond it later.

Dankie

I hope q bond won't be too thick?

Coz that makes like a layer on its own, adding to the already limited space available to make the door sit flush.

But it would be better than the way it is now. Will q bond it later.

Dankie
If you use Qbond then use the glue only. Don't use the powder stuff with it.

If you use Qbond then use the glue only. Don't use the powder stuff with it.
The q bond I have is 2 tubes
Black and grey
Will check which one is which and work from there

Does anybody know where to find a replacement magnet for the door?
I picked mine up at one point over december and noticed the battery-side magnet was gone. No idea when or where it fell out :worried:

I got my RSQ about 2 weeks after it released but have only been using it properly for the past week.. great device but it constantly powers off and back on and goes through the welcome and coil check.. it also doesn’t power on at all at times after inserting a new battery, moving the battery slightly while inserted gets it working, similarly turning it slightly while inserted can cause it to power off completely as if there is no battery present.. have tried all brands of batteries, fully charged.. magnets seem to be looser, there is quite a bit of play in the door so it happens alot when trying to squonk.. anyone having or had a similar issue? @Sir Vape could you please advise? Do I need to just drop it off or wait there?

I got my RSQ about 2 weeks after it released but have only been using it properly for the past week.. great device but it constantly powers off and back on and goes through the welcome and coil check.. it also doesn’t power on at all at times after inserting a new battery, moving the battery slightly while inserted gets it working, similarly turning it slightly while inserted can cause it to power off completely as if there is no battery present.. have tried all brands of batteries, fully charged.. magnets seem to be looser, there is quite a bit of play in the door so it happens alot when trying to squonk.. anyone having or had a similar issue? @Sir Vape could you please advise? Do I need to just drop it off or wait there?

Hey there pop it into the shop and let us have a quick look and see if its a quick fix. If not yes we will have to book it in.

Back