RSQ Hotcig regulated Squonker Reviews

Does anybody know where to find a replacement magnet for the door?
I picked mine up at one point over december and noticed the battery-side magnet was gone. No idea when or where it fell out :worried:

+ 1 on this - also need a magnet, or if anyone can supply the dimensions of the magnet, that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there pop it into the shop and let us have a quick look and see if its a quick fix. If not yes we will have to book it in.

Thank you Sir will pop in when I get a chance..

Hi! Good day to all! I'm new here.

I would like to ask about the update for the RSQ, can't update mine. I'm using windows 10. Refresh and Update Setting button can't be clicked.
I tried to check the device manger for unrecognized devices and clicked the update for the driver. The HM Chip Tool still cannot recognize my mod.

Please help. Thanks in advance. =)

I would like to ask about the update for the RSQ, can't update mine. I'm using windows 10. Refresh and Update Setting button can't be clicked.
I tried to check the device manger for unrecognized devices and clicked the update for the driver. The HM Chip Tool still cannot recognize my mod.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/hotcig-rsq-firmware-upgrade-keep-led-off.t44763/#post-610187

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Regards

Helloz, open up the program then plug in your RSQ, the RSQ will ask if you wanna charge or update, use the keys and select update, the tool should pick up then....you can set your name as well

fdafa76d7ab1a1e0f445540cd69b5b75.jpg

Been trying to set a different theme on the rsq but doesn’t seem to work. What programs are you using to make themes for the rsq??

I’m on Windows 7 64bit version and have tried using paint but it’s either too small or too big. Not sure what size I should be saving themes in.

Helloz, open up the program then plug in your RSQ, the RSQ will ask if you wanna charge or update, use the keys and select update, the tool should pick up then....you can set your name as well

fdafa76d7ab1a1e0f445540cd69b5b75.jpg

I tried plugging and unplugging the RSQ with my laptop. Can't update still. Also accessed my device drivers, Maybe I have a problem with my drivers.
HUHUHU =(
RSQ Device Manager Prompt 1.jpg

Been trying to set a different theme on the rsq but doesn’t seem to work. What programs are you using to make themes for the rsq??

I’m on Windows 7 64bit version and have tried using paint but it’s either too small or too big. Not sure what size I should be saving themes in.

Helloz, im using the HM Tools....I will double check how i did it....will probably post a video....

Anyone else having issues with the battery wraps tearing when taking out the battery?

I'm re wrapping batteries almost 4 times a week and it's annoying as @#!$. I push the positive terminal up and take out the battery, still tears.

Any tips?

Anyone else having issues with the battery wraps tearing when taking out the battery?

I'm re wrapping batteries almost 4 times a week and it's annoying as @#!$. I push the positive terminal up and take out the battery, still tears.

Any tips?
The bottom terminal is the culprit on mine. It lifts up from the base grabbing the wrap as i remove the bat. Pushing it back down helps only short term.

Regards

Any tips?

Nope mine is good as good, haven’t suffered a battery wrap tear since I’ve been using mine.
My lost vape triade was horrendous for battery wrap tears, always the-wrapping them weekly.

Nope mine is good as good, haven’t suffered a battery wrap tear since I’ve been using mine.
My lost vape triade was horrendous for battery wrap tears, always the-wrapping them weekly.
I'venoticed that the positive contacts on some RSQ mods sit flush and others don't. Bad luck of the draw I guess.

I'venoticed that the positive contacts on some RSQ mods sit flush and others don't. Bad luck of the draw I guess.

Just had a look at mine and it protrudes a little bit but not by much.

I usually grab my battery from the positive pin with my finger nail and pry it out. There is a bit of resistance when taking it out but it doesn’t tear the wrap.

Mind you the wraps I have on my battery are pretty thick ie not as thin as the original wraps. Maybe that is what is stopping my wraps from getting torn.

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations on decent replacement squonk bottles for the RSQ? The ones the Mod come with are not great.

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations on decent replacement squonk bottles for the RSQ? The ones the Mod come with are not great.
Most welcome to the forum. If you feel like it, please introduce yourself at the end of this thread.

Your questions asked here, and answered just below that post.

Happy vaping.

Been running this mod for 2 weeks now and loving it.

Only one small aesthetic problem I have. That power pylon emblem on the one side. The detailed black lines are rubbing off and the white against the black is starting to look like an alien's genitals now.

Any way of covering it up? Thinking of using permanent marker but that also won't last.

1st post here.... :) Great thread on the RSQ. I have been vaping since 2010, and started squonking REOs when they were new... The RSQ is the one which actually made me set-aside my DNA 40 SunBox E7. :WINKINGFACE:INCREDIBLE vape when paired with the Le SuperSonic RDA (Clone) IMO. Temp-protection using SS316L has been on-point when set between 420-450F / 35 watts. No choppiness when going into TC, and no burnt Cellucotton when running dry. VERY sweet, smooth, vaping. 8--)

Anyhow, my door also came with some movement.. I thought I would share my 'down-n-dirty' fix for those interested. Simply cut a few pieces of black electrical tape, and start sticking them inside the door like my below photos show. It took what you see to TOTALLY eliminate any annoying movement from mine (I DO plan on cutting nicer looking pieces of tape at a future date, but they are on the inside, and working well for now) :

DSCF0412.JPG
DSCF0414.JPG
DSCF0415.JPG

1st post here.... :) Great thread on the RSQ. I have been vaping since 2010, and started squonking REOs when they were new... The RSQ is the one which actually made me set-aside my DNA 40 SunBox E7. :WINKINGFACE:INCREDIBLE vape when paired with the Le SuperSonic RDA (Clone) IMO. Temp-protection using SS316L has been on-point when set between 420-450F / 35 watts. No choppiness when going into TC, and no burnt Cellucotton when running dry. VERY sweet, smooth, vaping. 8--)

Anyhow, my door also came with some movement.. I thought I would share my 'down-n-dirty' fix for those interested. Simply cut a few pieces of black electrical tape, and start sticking them inside the door like my below photos show. It took what you see to TOTALLY eliminate any annoying movement from mine (I DO plan on cutting nicer looking pieces of tape at a future date, but they are on the inside, and working well for now) :

View attachment 123299
View attachment 123300
View attachment 123301

Welcome to the forum! Always great to have some folks from the overseas giving some advice.

Hi
I registered on this forum as it seems to be the best place for discussing the RSQ. I'll have a bigger look round as I'm sure there is a lot more good info on here.
I've had my rsq for around 5 weeks now and living it. I seem to have escaped the door rattle and magnet issue (so far) but have encountered something different
I usually vape In wattage mode (prob due to my mechs) and never in TC. I thought I'd give it a go. Does anyone's rsq give a high pitched whine when in temp control when battery drops below 30%?

Hi
I registered on this forum as it seems to be the best place for discussing the RSQ. I'll have a bigger look round as I'm sure there is a lot more good info on here.
I've had my rsq for around 5 weeks now and living it. I seem to have escaped the door rattle and magnet issue (so far) but have encountered something different
I usually vape In wattage mode (prob due to my mechs) and never in TC. I thought I'd give it a go. Does anyone's rsq give a high pitched whine when in temp control when battery drops below 30%?
Hi @zebedee and welcome to the forum.

Have not had my RSQ in TC mode for long, basically just checked if it works and set and left it on pass thru mode. Most mods do perform some electronic wizardry at lower voltages in order to keep Amp draw to the cut off limit while still trying to get the required Watts. Whether the noise is normal for the RSQ I do however not know.

What coil and resistance are you running?

Regards

Hi @zebedee and welcome to the forum.

Have not had my RSQ in TC mode for long, basically just checked if it works and set and left it on pass thru mode. Most mods do perform some electronic wizardry at lower voltages in order to keep Amp draw to the cut off limit while still trying to get the required Watts. Whether the noise is normal for the RSQ I do however not know.

What coil and resistance are you running?

Regards
Currently running a 24gauge 316L simple coil running in TC mode. 450 degrees F. Set to 45W. 0.41ohms
I have on some occasions got the whine in wattage mode but only when the battery is below 3%

Last edited:
At that level your battery would be capable of about 30W so your mod will be performing its Wizardry to boost the Watts. Probably nothing to worry about although few people I know actually squonk in TC mode.

Anyone else?

Regards

Thanks. The batteries I'm using are hg2s. All around 6 months old. I was wondering if the batteries might be tired but not had chance to purchase more.

Back