SA court rules cannabis can be used in home

There's going to be a lot of disappointed Saffers when the SCA throws out the current ruling :rolleyes: . That's if it's appealed. On a serious note though, medical Mary Jane really works:D

I think what this comes down to is not that much that cannabis has been legalized but rather that what you do in your own home is your business and nobody else's. If those activities overflow into your activities beyond those confines its business as usual. "Pappa wag nog altyd vir jou!"

Regards

I think what this comes down to is not that much that cannabis has been legalized but rather that what you do in your own home is your business and nobody else's.

I get that this is partly a privacy issue but surely LSD should then also be legal? If this is about the right of adults to do what they like to their bodies in the privacy of their own homes, I can't see why the law would draw any distinction between marijuana and hard drugs.

I get that this is partly a privacy issue but surely LSD should then also be legal? If this is about the right of adults to do what they like to their bodies in the privacy of their own homes, I can't see why the law would draw any distinction between marijuana and hard drugs.
Good Point @RichJB !

I'm a pleb when it comes to legal matters, so take this with a spade full of salt.

This ruling goes to the growth, "manufacture" and consumption of Mary Jane. All relatively simple to do, even in a spare cupboard by means of hydroponics.

LSD and other such narcotics require a more complicated process, meaning Rich can't just whip up a batch for himself.

Dealing in MJ is not covered by the judgment and as such, would be seen in the same light as dealing in the harder chems.

That being said, if the social impact can be eliminated or at least reduced and clean and safe supply lines can be established, I don't give a damn what other adults do in the privacy of their own homes under fully informed consent.

And I just finished the floor for my new greenhouse....
:partyhat:

This ruling goes to the growth, "manufacture" and consumption of Mary Jane. All relatively simple to do, even in a spare cupboard by means of hydroponics.

OK, you have my interest. Where do I get the seeds? :D

Edit: wait, I found a place. Five seeds for R900. Jirre, are they made by Flavorah or something? There are hundreds of strains you can buy too. This sounds more complex than DIY. I will need percentages. :p

Last edited:

Edit: wait, I found a place. Five seeds for R900. Jirre, are they made by Flavorah or something? There are hundreds of strains you can buy too. This sounds more complex than DIY. I will need percentages. :p
Just stay away from the Malawi. Don't ask me why. Just trust me, I'm an en(not gonna say it)

Therein lies the rub of the matter, you cant just waltz into Stodels and buy some cannabis seeds... goodluck trying to get them past customs or through postal if you're buying online.

I think the privacy concern was just a side note and a great bandwagon to the much larger "medical needs".
I've never yet heard of anyone using LSD to medicate cancer, mj does have medical benefits, other hard drugs have none.

Erm Hell No! Seriously?

Didn't you get educated what the different drugs do? Hard drugs like LSD, Meth, Heroine and Crack/Cocaine cause serious damage, kill and/or are highly addictive. worldwide, there have been extremely few cases of deaths caused by cannabis, if even. Most deaths related to cannabis are people doing stupid sh*t like driving and playing with firearms/knives/etc while under the influence. Matter of fact, alcohol is way more dangerous and addictive than cannabis.

There is only one scenario, which is a major problem in SA, where cannabis is synonymous with hard drugs and that is when other drugs ( like Meth, Mandrax, Tik, Aids drugs, etc) are mixed with cannabis. This is either done intentionally by users or by some dodgy dealers lacing their product to make it more potent than their competition's normal product or the get user's hooked on the hard stuff. Home growing will should elliminate exposure to these criminals.

Erm Hell No! Seriously?

Didn't you get educated what the different drugs do? Hard drugs like LSD, Meth, Heroine and Crack/Cocaine cause serious damage, kill and/or are highly addictive. worldwide, there have been extremely few cases of deaths caused by cannabis, if even. Most deaths related to cannabis are people doing stupid sh*t like driving and playing with firearms/knives/etc while under the influence. Matter of fact, alcohol is way more dangerous and addictive than cannabis.

There is only one scenario, which is a major problem in SA, where cannabis is synonymous with hard drugs and that is when other drugs ( like Meth, Mandrax, Tik, Aids drugs, etc) are mixed with cannabis. This is either done intentionally by users or by some dodgy dealers lacing their product to make it more potent than their competition's normal product or the get user's hooked on the hard stuff. Home growing will should elliminate exposure to these criminals.

The only side effects I know is hungry happy sleepy.......

PG
Very strong language

I've never yet heard of anyone using LSD to medicate cancer, mj does have medical benefits, other hard drugs have none.

Interestingly I saw a docu on hallucinogenics being the only thing to actually help people with cluster headaches. It was this old oomie growing his own shrooms and then making tablets.

He hated the high (can't imagine why), but it would mean he didn't get a single cluster headache attack for a year and then he'd 'medicate' again. It does something with the brain chem that seems to help these people. LSD and other similar drugs all have been reported to cure the people who suffer from CH.

Portugal took the view that all drugs are to be legalised 16 years ago and the capital spent on jailing and convicting addicts would be used for rehabilitation. And they have seen positive results with regards to drug related deaths usage rates etc.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, there are arguments both for and against the legalisation of drugs. I am of the view that laws don't solve problems, societal problems arise due to socio-economic and other stressors. Addressing those stressors, rather than banning the problem, is a much better approach imo.

Laws on drugs have become outdated, it has not stopped the drug related issues in the country, a different approach is need.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

My wife has recently been diagnosed with throat cancer even though she stopped smoking 6 years ago and we are more at the Oncology Hospital than at home these days. I would gladly give her cannabis oil to make her days more comfortable.
I would also participate to make me better to accept her condition. Sad but we may feel better about it.
She also has a motor neuron problem that I see cannabis may help with as it also helps with Alzheimer Disease.
Problem is where to get it.

My wife has recently been diagnosed with throat cancer even though she stopped smoking 6 years ago and we are more at the Oncology Hospital than at home these days. I would gladly give her cannabis oil to make her days more comfortable.
I would also participate to make me better to accept her condition. Sad but we may feel better about it.
She also has a motor neuron problem that I see cannabis may help with as it also helps with Alzheimer Disease.
Problem is where to get it.

So sorry to hear this @Johnny2Puffs .

Not too sure, but I think you can arrange such through your doctor and/or clinic. I've heard of this through an unreliable third party during discussion about someone else but maybe it can set you on a path.

Best wishes for you and your wife.

@Johnny2Puffs, there's a lot of doctors that can also refer you to a reputable place to purchase.

My dad passed away this week from Mesothelioma which they first found beginning 2014 and they gave him 3 months to live.

He totally refused chemo and used his drops religiously and gave us another 3 years with him. It is a very viable medicine for illnesses they have not even thought of administrating it. Look at Parkinsons for one. The results are astounding and I think now that everyone is able to do clinical trials with cannabis we'll see the massive impact it will have on the medical industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back