Show 'n Tell your Hobby

Besides my new found hobby, Diy mixing, I am a big coffee guy. I buy my grean beans online, roast them, grind them, make blends...I can make one hell of a cup a joe.
Another hobby I've had for a couple of months now is finding work or coming up with quick money making ideas week to week so I can fuel my DIY hobby.

Besides my new found hobby, Diy mixing, I am a big coffee guy. I buy my grean beans online, roast them, grind them, make blends...I can make one hell of a cup a joe.
Another hobby I've had for a couple of months now is finding work or coming up with quick money making ideas week to week so I can fuel my DIY hobby.

@Steyn777 Perhaps you could offer suggestions - see my thread
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/coffee-e-juice-research.t47247/

EDIT: Tagged Steyn by mistake - sorry @Steyn!

Absolutely love it! Huge change to go from this tiny thing from a bass, but slowly getting there!
Its a bit awkward but it looks like you got the tenor so the fingerboard is a bit bigger

Sent from my VF-696 using Tapatalk

Its a bit awkward but it looks like you got the tenor so the fingerboard is a bit bigger

Diy banjo
2707637a9a357ea46b18237d2518d376.jpg

Talking about horses there still people riding horse carts in the streets of cape town

Resistance is futile

Diy banjo
2707637a9a357ea46b18237d2518d376.jpg

I never got to comment so I'm going to now.
always wanted to make one but everyone had something to say.you cant do this and you can't do that.then wanted to source the parts and the guys at Paul bothner N1 said bring in the banjo and well give you the parts.The problem was I needed the parts to build the banjo.so I went home and took the wood from my galley bin.(bin I use for fire wood,offcuts) all pine as I was also told it can't be done and the meranti fingerboard is from a door strutt(help keep the door square on fitting)machined then glued and assembled and used an old pot lid removed the handle and used it as a skin.played fretless for a while but decided to do frets and that was also offcut 2mm copper wire.bought strings as they couldn't tell me to bring in the old strings first and borrowed the Paton's/pins/machine heads from my ukelele.then sprayed it with one of my favourite colours golden yellow and was told to shut up ever since.

Resistance is futile

Wood carving
ad5e9d16d222193d88cb63a3ade6a627.jpg

Resistance is futile
Always loved wood and working with it and making things.there was never a market for carving in my time so it couldn't pay the bills, but I never really stopped working on the art and when I see a piece of wood that's worthy I find a piece of Africa to carve on it(indigenous to Western Cape)Protea

Resistance is futile

Mosaics
071ec92c9caa653447e74170f2d8123b.jpg

Resistance is futile
Mosaics has always been the first art form that I loved for sentimental reasons carvers.
This is a picture I saw I'm a book.I don't know if anyone can see it.I also didn't want to make it colourful so its obvious.
When you see the humming bird collecting nectar from the flower let me know

Resistance is futile

It's a soprano so no luck there.

My fingers are slowly adjusting though, I'm getting better at my chords and the transitions are getting a little smoother each day!

I actually always wanted a banjo, but they are soooo expensive they will have to wait till I give up vaping! How does your DIY one sound?

It's a soprano so no luck there.

My fingers are slowly adjusting though, I'm getting better at my chords and the transitions are getting a little smoother each day!

I actually always wanted a banjo, but they are soooo expensive they will have to wait till I give up vaping! How does your DIY one sound?
Depending on where you strum it.it candidate sound anything from a banjo to a uke.closer to the bridge it sounds like a uke.

Resistance is futile

Back