Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

Having a go at the Lemo with a 28g Double Twisted coils again. The last time I tried this I trapped the wires under the screw heads nice and snug, it gave me very inconsistent resistance readings. This time I followed @free3dom's advice and put the leads though the post holes.

This is a 2mm ID with 6 wraps at 0.8 ohms (mostly) wicked with Rayon. @freedom, it's doing that Funk thing again. Doesn't do it with standard single strand coils. Anyone have any thoughts?

View attachment 20616 View attachment 20614 View attachment 20615

All I can think that might be causing your inconsistent readings is play on the screw with the two wires - maybe as it heats up it gives a little and causes contact to be lost or something o_O

Maybe try "un-twisting" (so...uhm, straightening :p ) the wires that go through the holes...then insert them side by side through the post (this is what worked for me with my para-coil).

Alternately check the bottom of the screws for sharp edges and sand them off if you find some :nerd:

I'm really just guessing here, but maybe you get lucky ;)

@free3dom, bit hard to quantify, 15-20% I'd say. the bore on the shaft part of the centre pin is 3mm, so its already almost fully catered for. Boring that out, is a bit too scary for my tender heart strings.

It's going to be mighty interesting to compare it to the Subtank Mini, because that looks like the centre pin has the same sort of bore.

Whats the airflow like between your Lemo, and your Subtank Mini?

the K4 is a winner on single coils the 4 screw holes makes it breeze to coil. I am just still trying to work out my wick. I am back to where i was wen i started with the K3.1 its either to tight or to loose. but the flavor and vapor production I am getting out of it is amazing. (Ok i did drill the 4 holes in the deck to 2mm. this thing is still good at 25 watt).

@Arthster, all i've read about the K4, points to it being a rather fickle device. I wonder how it stacks up to the Lemo.

@Arthster, all i've read about the K4, points to it being a rather fickle device. I wonder how it stacks up to the Lemo.

At the moment I cant compare the two, but I am definitely planning on getting one end of Feb. I will do a comparison once i did.

As for fickle. no I wouldn't say that. I think of it like being married to emo chick. You will never get things right... but you do get points for trying.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@free3dom, bit hard to quantify, 15-20% I'd say. the bore on the shaft part of the centre pin is 3mm, so its already almost fully catered for. Boring that out, is a bit too scary for my tender heart strings.

It's going to be mighty interesting to compare it to the Subtank Mini, because that looks like the centre pin has the same sort of bore.

Whats the airflow like between your Lemo, and your Subtank Mini?

They are very similar in airflow, but the SubTank Mini definitely beats the Lemo for flavour...it's quite remarkable by how much too - and the Lemo is great with flavour. I've yet to even rebuild the SubTank Mini's RBA base...just been using the pre-made coil (at 0.5 Ohm) since I got it and it just rocks.

The SubTank does have better airflow coming in at the bottom due to the fully open "slot" instead of holes, but then, as you said, the center hole is about the same as the Lemo. I think maybe the Lemo has a slight edge, but it's hard to say...also the holes in the RBA base and coils vary slightly and I've yet to use a coil :D

Loving these builds!!

Attachments

• IMG_4840.JPG
    IMG_4840.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4810.JPG
    IMG_4810.JPG
    298.3 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for pointing that out @n0ugh7_zw. One of them is an RDA the black one looks like a Kayfun. I'm not going to move this one this time but @Carlito in future please use the other thread that n0ugh7 posted for Dripper atties. ;)

All I can think that might be causing your inconsistent readings is play on the screw with the two wires - maybe as it heats up it gives a little and causes contact to be lost or something o_O

Maybe try "un-twisting" (so...uhm, straightening :p ) the wires that go through the holes...then insert them side by side through the post (this is what worked for me with my para-coil).

Alternately check the bottom of the screws for sharp edges and sand them off if you find some :nerd:

I'm really just guessing here, but maybe you get lucky ;)
@free3dom I tightened up the screws, they had wiggled themselves loose, got them as tight as I could. The reading still jumps but the range is less, it jumps between 0.8 and 1.2 whereas it was jumping from 0.8 to 3.0 before. Thanks for the tips, I will try filing the screws a bit so the bottoms are nice and flush next.

What I did with my kayfun is get the tiniest steel washers I could get and file them. They worked like a charm!

@free3dom I tightened up the screws, they had wiggled themselves loose, got them as tight as I could. The reading still jumps but the range is less, it jumps between 0.8 and 1.2 whereas it was jumping from 0.8 to 3.0 before. Thanks for the tips, I will try filing the screws a bit so the bottoms are nice and flush next.

Fantastic news...I always suspected those screws were a bit....screwy ;)
I'd like to know if filing the screws helps at all. I've not done any builds with dual wires lately...so I've not gotten round to it :rolleyes:

Oh and that 0.8 to 3.0 Ohm jump on a regulated mod with some power is just the worst...burn burn burn :eek:

I'd like to know if filing the screws helps at all. I've not done any builds with dual wires lately...so I've not gotten round to it :rolleyes:

Oh and that 0.8 to 3.0 Ohm jump on a regulated mod with some power is just the worst...burn burn burn :eek:

As a rule on all my devices. Once i am done compressing the coils I do a screw check just for luck. I noticed on some of my RDA's and the K4's that once the coil heats up the screw tends to loosen up. I believe that this is due to the heat on the wire that allows it to "Give" a little.

As a rule on all my devices. Once i am done compressing the coils I do a screw check just for luck. I noticed on some of my RDA's and the K4's that once the coil heats up the screw tends to loosen up. I believe that this is due to the heat on the wire that allows it to "Give" a little.

Indeed...I always do that (sometimes, well mostly) :D

The problem with the Lemo (and those :swear: screws) is that everything works perfectly and then after you wick it and test it again and then fill it up.....WHAM...issues. It happens very rarely - almost never with single wire, unless I forgot to tighten it properly, and then I suspect it is the heat that makes it come loose.

I do think that the heat has something to do with it, but it almost never shows up while testing...only once you fill it o_O

Yip, I had the Hana set at 35 watts at the time, at 3.0 ohms that sauce gets really hot really quickly :p

Indeed...I always do that (sometimes, well mostly) :D

The problem with the Lemo (and those :swear: screws) is that everything works perfectly and then after you wick it and test it again and then fill it up.....WHAM...issues. It happens very rarely - almost never with single wire, unless I forgot to tighten it properly, and then I suspect it is the heat that makes it come loose.

I do think that the heat has something to do with it, but it almost never shows up while testing...only once you fill it o_O

Guess Murphy has some input there. :D

Haha, first time that happened to me I nearly choked, put the mod down and backed up a few steps :p

First proper sub home coil was a 4 core twisted coil at 0.5ohm. I had this on the IPV at 50Watt. Felt like I took a big swig of warm coffee. From that day I decided that one core per coil at 0.8ohm is just awesome. :D

Even @gripen took a toke and said "Nee:censored: goeie :censored: for:censored: sakes, is jy :censored:mal"

First proper sub home coil was a 4 core twisted coil at 0.5ohm. I had this on the IPV at 50Watt. Felt like I took a big swig of warm coffee. From that day I decided that one core per coil at 0.8ohm is just awesome. :D

Even @gripen took a toke and said "Nee:censored: goeie :censored: for:censored: sakes, is jy :censored:mal"

Bwhahahaha, some may like it hot...but I like my vape....ice ice vapy :p

Problem with the resistance fluctuation is that it fires at max voltage on a 0.8 Ohm coil that is not in fact 3.0 Ohm as it determined for it's calculations...so it really grabs hold of your throat and (not so gently) pounds the crap out of it :eek:

@Arthster has a good memory,he explained it in so much passion aswell.jap that did not work for me,felt like a lam on a spit after that hit :rofl::rofl::rofl:

me to and i don't like dead people,games with them in or enything that scares the living shit out of me,that's y i don't look at myself when i wake up in the mornings.i think @Arthster and his dogs will agree:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back