Show us your Builds - Kayfun, Russians & Similar

5a7ebe3a.jpg

Surprised at these clouds on kayfun 3.1 26g kanthal 0.32ohms double barrel 6 wraps each on needle nose dropper bottle tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simple coil build

26g 2mm ID 12wraps

IMG_0001.JPG

glowing nicely

IMG_0006.JPG

all wicked and juiced up

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

ohms

IMG_0013.JPG

snap crackle pop

IMG_0014.JPG

So I recently joined Kayfun Land. Boy oh boy am I glad I made the move.

My 1st rebuildable (aside from a RSST I had some time ago but never had ANY luck with it whatsoever).

To the experienced peeps out there, expect loads of noob questions. I'll try and keep them down to as little as possible ;)

28g 2mm ID 8 / 9 wraps

I think this is cool #2 or 3:
utudehu8.jpg

This would be coil #3 or 4:
aryqu3ys.jpg

According to my MVP they both read 1.3 ohms.

The fact that these suckers even fire and work is a victory for me. Now the loooong journey to learn how to actually do it properly

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

First attempt at a triple twisted 32g on the russian 91%. Came in at 1.3 ohms. Throat hit is crazy but still not getting good flavour and vapour. And still getting a kind of wooly taste/feel which i presume is dry hits (still new at this so not sure whats going on) Guess the learning will continue...

PSX_20140714_205241.jpg

First attempt at a triple twisted 32g on the russian 91%. Came in at 1.3 ohms. Throat hit is crazy but still not getting good flavour and vapour. And still getting a kind of wooly taste/feel which i presume is dry hits (still new at this so not sure whats going on) Guess the learning will continue...

PSX_20140714_205241.jpg
That is the most beautiful triple twisted coil I have ever seen! What ID is your coil? Maybe the wick is blocking the juice channels. Consider cutting them back a bit.

Thanks @Alex. I spent a little extra time making sure the coil was neat and pushed together nice and even. Not sure of the id cos I havent figured out how to measure the screwdriver i used. Its one of those thin silver ones with the black tips. No idea on size. Just kinda eyeballed it.

Ill try trimming the wicks a bit. Gotta say its crazy how little cotton you need. Pics and tutorials make it look soooo big

Last edited:
Thanks @Alex. I spent a little extra time making sure the coil was neat and pushed together nice and even. Not sure of the id cos I havent figured out how to measure the screwdriver i used. Its one of those thin silver ones with the black tips. No idea on size. Just kinda eyeballed it.

Ill try trimming the wicks a bit. Gotta say its crazy how little cotton you need. Pics and tutorials make it look soooo big

I think you mean't @Andre :) But I agree that that coil is amazing. Good job. Looks like a 2mm diameter. Try cutting about 2mm from each end of the wick. So it kinda just comes straight down from the coil, and just touches the deck, without going into an L shape.

Aha my bad. Apologies to both of you :) thanks for the compliments

PSX_20140714_205241.jpg
Epic photo, looks so juicy, almost want to lick my ipad :p

I was also surprised when I got my Kayfun, that thing is tiny after watching all the tutorials :D

PSX_20140714_205241.jpg
Thats one sick looking coil there froggy. Cotton normally take a few toots to settle. That coil is the bizniz though making me itch to build something different again. Been enjoying plain micro's and conventional wrapped on silica coils. You just inspired me to do some cloudchasing tomorrow

i agree with @Andre that is possibly the most beautiful twisted coil ive seen!

well done

That right there sir is a work of art. Beautiful coil!

Ok so I thought I'd start sharing a bit here too.:)

1.1ohm sleeper coil. 28g with 12 wraps per side and a ID of 2mm. (This is all assuming I remember correctly)
Haven't been able to fire it up properly yet so will keep you updated but from what I have done it's hopefully going to chuck!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 23
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 24
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 22
Just built my first coil on my KFL+, single nano coil, comes out to 1.2Ω - Not bad, but I can definitely push this lower; thinking of trying a double barreled micro coil

Would you guys say that the KFL keeps up with wicking on cotton down at around 0.6 Ohms?

@Limbo - I want to see what you built so far on your KFL, what's working well for you so far?

Second build on my KFL - Double barreled baby! Comes out to 0.63Ω - Hits really well!

20140716_221357.jpg 20140716_221537.jpg 20140716_221659.jpg 20140716_222513.jpg

So I received my Hana modz 30 clone, and kayfun from Vapemob today. This is my very first attempt at building a coil and wick, and to be honest, I'm walking around with a silly little grin on my face and some swagger in my step.

It's .26 kenthal, wrapped round a 1.8mm drill bit and came out at 1Ohm. Tank is pretty full, no leaking, no gurgling. I'm seriously chuffed at my first little creation.

Please give feedback. All criticism, tips and advice are greatly appreciated
image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

man i wish my first coil looked like that @NickT

its a perfect coil, i cant see anything wrong with it

well done!!!

So I received my Hana modz 30 clone, and kayfun from Vapemob today. This is my very first attempt at building a coil and wick, and to be honest, I'm walking around with a silly little grin on my face and some swagger in my step.

It's .26 kenthal, wrapped round a 1.8mm drill bit and came out at 1Ohm. Tank is pretty full, no leaking, no gurgling. I'm seriously chuffed at my first little creation.

Please give feedback. All criticism, tips and advice are greatly appreciated
View attachment 8238

View attachment 8234 View attachment 8235 View attachment 8240
Dude, that's frikken epic! Well done :rock: you're a natural

Back