Silence of the (dead) R-Rabbits.

Okay wow... The DR R produces such impressive flavour with deserts! :eek:

DRR.jpg

Last edited:
How many times do we have to tell you ? :):):)

How do you like the musket? How long have you had it?

Lol. I'm enjoying my deserts now like never before! YUM :p

Had the Musket for about 2 weeks or so, it performs well. Just noticed it does jump watts when turning it off and back on, as it reads the coil (seems to jump to a recommended wattage) which annoys me. Other than that it's a good mod.

Hi @AstroT .

Regarding your question on rebuilding PnP coils.

The answer is Wotofo SMRT Coils. They look like this :

upload_2022-1-16_11-30-42-jpeg.248401

View attachment 248404

And you rebuild them like this :

upload_2022-1-16_11-31-30-jpeg.248402

View attachment 248405

Don't worry about the pics, it's easier than it looks. You can look at a video of it being done here:

You can buy them here :

https://www.vapeking.co.za/wotofo-smrt-pnp-rebuildable-coil-kit.html

Several other vape shops sell them.

Having said all this, if I were you, I would go for the Dead Rabbit R tank. This could maybe be an upgrade in the future. You can read comments about it in this thread or look at a video here:

Just wanted to say thank you, I bought 3 of these and have assembled and used 2 so far. These things are really good and I must say better than the disposables that came with my tank by far, much lower wattages same strength, longer battery life and better dtl.

@ivc_mixer I don't own this tank nor have experience with the mesh coils, but seeing the comments about the 70/30 wicking issues that some people are posting about in this thread reminded me of the twisp ego coils (specifically the 0.6 ohm). Basically a tip i saw once (could have even been on these forums) was to take a toothpick or needle and slightly puncture the cotton a tiny bit an give it a slight wiggle in the middle of the juice ports; not enough to have juice gushing into the base, but just enough to aid the wicking process. The twisp ego coils were basically a miniature version of these DR-R RTA's. Maybe its worth a try? If someone tries this let me know, hope it works nicely as a little hack for the max VG guys :)

I use only 70/30 juice in my daily rotation and have no issues on this tank, it works like a charm!

I use only 70/30 juice in my daily rotation and have no issues on this tank, it works like a charm!
I also religiously mix 70/30 ratio and likewise have had no issues with dry hits!

Haha you guys are a really bad influence on me hey... I want to buy mods and tanks and everything now after seeing everyones collections. ;):-D

I also religiously mix 70/30 ratio and likewise have had no issues with dry hits!
I also use 70/30 and run 2 dead rabbit R's daily, one for fruit and one for desert.
I am also a really bad chain vapor and have never had a single dry hit.

Some sad news. AllDayVapes does not have stock of the coil packs anymore and based on email confirmation received from them, they're not restocking it any time soon. After a extensive search, the cheapest alternative is Vaperite @R60ea (which is about R5 more than ADV) and if you're first time buyer on their online site you can get 10% off (orders over R500), so if you order 9 packs you'd pay the same.

Some sad news. AllDayVapes does not have stock of the coil packs anymore and based on email confirmation received from them, they're not restocking it any time soon. After a extensive search, the cheapest alternative is Vaperite @R60ea (which is about R5 more than ADV) and if you're first time buyer on their online site you can get 10% off (orders over R500), so if you order 9 packs you'd pay the same.
Is there a supply problem or other good reason if so fair enough? If not selling a product and then so soon not stocking essential parts needed for that product they have happily sold stinks! :monoloco:

Is there a supply problem or other good reason if so fair enough? If not selling a product and then so soon not stocking essential parts needed for that product they have happily sold stinks! :monoloco:
Seeing as the information in email was shared with me quite easily (and the same response will be sent to anyone else), I can probably share it here as well (direct copy of message):
Hi
We won't be bringing in anything soon, probably till March. These coils are being sold by Vaperite at about the same price they sell them wholesale, no idea what they're trying to do. Which is why we cleared them out at landed cost.

So, with that being said, I cannot blame ADV as in at all, in fact I salute them for what they did for us. And take advantage of the Vaperite price now as some other shops I have seen this being sold at prices between R100 and R150 a packet so VR might follow suit.

Price wars and ADV's are not playing, understandable!

Vaperite were the first to bring this tank and coils on the local market. I doubt they are playing any games...

Vaperite were the first to bring this tank and coils on the local market. I doubt they are playing any games...

I have experienced some disgusting games played out in corporate, particularly so where buying market share / market dominance is a strategy. The losers of course are the consumer and smaller enterprises rather than their competition. I am however with you here ... Let's give em' all the benefit of doubt ;)

Back