Smok AIO - No Flavour

Worskos

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All
Was a vaper a few years back - That kept me off cigarettes for a good few years.
Went back to cigarettes and now I'm back on the vaping train.

Anyway....

I bought a Smok AIO kit.....along with the following juices:
Paulies Guava
Beard 71
VM XXX

Device works great....problem is that NONE of the flavors are pulling through - Like the juice is completely dead - I'm pretty sure it's not the juice as I tried all 3 but I just cannot taste anything.

With the XXX, I get a teeny tiny bit of flavour coming through but that's about it. With the other 2 it may as well be pure PG/VG I'm vaping.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi All
Was a vaper a few years back - That kept me off cigarettes for a good few years.
Went back to cigarettes and now I'm back on the vaping train.

Anyway....

I bought a Smok AIO kit.....along with the following juices:
Paulies Guava
Beard 71
VM XXX

Device works great....problem is that NONE of the flavors are pulling through - Like the juice is completely dead - I'm pretty sure it's not the juice as I tried all 3 but I just cannot taste anything.

With the XXX, I get a teeny tiny bit of flavour coming through but that's about it. With the other 2 it may as well be pure PG/VG I'm vaping.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you're back on the vaping train ;)

It might be the PG/VG ratio of the juices @Worskos .

The VG is thicker than PG, so if it is too high for a device, the coil won't soak up the juice properly.

Or perhaps it is just a cruddy coil, have you tried putting in a new one?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear you're back on the vaping train ;)

It might be the PG/VG ratio of the juices @Worskos .

The VG is thicker than PG, so if it is too high for a device, the coil won't soak up the juice properly.

Thanks for the reply.

If this was the case, wouldn't I be experiencing dry hits? Burnt taste?

Haven't tried this yet - Gonna put in the replacement coil later and see how that goes.

I wouldn't imagine that the VG/PG ratio would be of any effect to this device. Based on reviews I've seen this should not be a problem.

I don't expect much at all from one of the 3 juices I bought based on past experiences but the other 2 should be shining as I remember them.

Thanks for the reply.

If this was the case, wouldn't I be experiencing dry hits? Burnt taste?

Haven't tried this yet - Gonna put in the replacement coil later and see how that goes.

I wouldn't imagine that the VG/PG ratio would be of any effect to this device. Based on reviews I've seen this should not be a problem.

I don't expect much at all from one of the 3 juices I bought based on past experiences but the other 2 should be shining as I remember them.
There might be just enough juice getting in there to wet stop the coil from burning and that's about it.

I have no experience with the AIO but IIRC you are right, I'm sure I've heard that it can handle higher VG juices too, so it does sound like a strange problem.

I would expect that the XXX and Guava should be doing more than okay in that device too. But yes, try a new coil and if there is still an issue then I would take it into the store you got it from and see what they have to say.

How long ago did you give up smoking again? Maybe it's just some dead tastebuds, but even a heavy smoker would get some flavour!

There might be just enough juice getting in there to wet stop the coil from burning and that's about it.

I have no experience with the AIO but IIRC you are right, I'm sure I've heard that it can handle higher VG juices too, so it does sound like a strange problem.

I would expect that the XXX and Guava should be doing more than okay in that device too. But yes, try a new coil and if there is still an issue then I would take it into the store you got it from and see what they have to say.

How long ago did you give up smoking again? Maybe it's just some dead tastebuds, but even a heavy smoker would get some flavour!

Thanks

I would expect that the XXX and Guava should be doing more than okay in that device too.

I was most excited for XXX. :-(

I quit a couple of days ago. I'd understand a bit of muting in the flavour but I'm getting completely nothing. Not even getting that coolness from the XXX.

It sounds like my first DIY temp control coil attempt. I had gotten completely ahead of myself, and hadn't at all primed the coil properly. I had also wicked way too tightly. I was getting quite respectable but very wispy clouds, and almost no flavour whatsoever. Obviously the temp control kept me from burning the wick outright, but I think I was puffing more cotton than ejuice.

Are you running at high enough power to actually burn the coils if they were near dry? I would try making very sure the wick is properly saturated, as it's the vaporising of that saturated juice that kick-starts the wicking.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

It sounds like my first DIY temp control coil attempt. I had gotten completely ahead of myself, and hadn't at all primed the coil properly. I had also wicked way too tightly. I was getting quite respectable but very wispy clouds, and almost no flavour whatsoever. Obviously the temp control kept me from burning the wick outright, but I think I was puffing more cotton than ejuice.

Are you running at high enough power to actually burn the coils if they were near dry? I would try making very sure the wick is properly saturated, as it's the vaporising of that saturated juice that kick-starts the wicking.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks

This device doesn't have variable wattage etc....it's a one button jobbie

Hi All

So I've changed the coil and still no flavour.
My problems don't end there - this device has a terrible problem with gurgling - This makes the vaping experience incredibly frustrating.

Any tips on how I can remedy this?

Thanks

Hmm... is the battery unit fully charged? Almost want to say that it sounds like it's putting out too low wattage to the coil. The AIO's usually put out what it safely can, so if the battery isn't "full" you're only getting low wattages out of it.

Back