Snacks: Low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free

My dinner, just finished:

Starter: 2 avos (I was hungry!!)
Main: Stir-fried (in coconut oil) Skinny Pasta and veg (pre-cut and mixed packet). I added some macadamia nuts to the stir-fry.

Been such a good girl today - can't take chances as I have to drive somewhere tomorrow and if my glucose levels are high I might fall asleep. Happened when I brought my little doggy home. I woke up with the sound or vibration of my tyres on the cat's eyes in the centre of the road. Fortunately I was on a very quiet road and there was no other traffic in either direction. (This is partly why I ordered those driving pills from you @Bumblebabe. This time I really did fall asleep. Previously on one of my trips to the mall (about an hour away) I couldn't stay awake, so I pulled over to the side of the road, locked the doors and had a nap. Better to be hijacked than cause an accident and possibly kill/injure someone else. And once, also on the way to the mall, I was soooo sleepy. I had to stop at a 3-way stop, where there were 2 other cars. While waiting for them to go, I fell asleep. I was woken by the hooting of the car behind me.

And every time that this has happened, I had had a cheat THE DAY BEFORE. It always affects me the following day. Nope, no more. Three times lucky, fourth time ..... ?

My dinner, just finished:

Starter: 2 avos (I was hungry!!)
Main: Stir-fried (in coconut oil) Skinny Pasta and veg (pre-cut and mixed packet). I added some macadamia nuts to the stir-fry.

Been such a good girl today - can't take chances as I have to drive somewhere tomorrow and if my glucose levels are high I might fall asleep. Happened when I brought my little doggy home. I woke up with the sound or vibration of my tyres on the cat's eyes in the centre of the road. Fortunately I was on a very quiet road and there was no other traffic in either direction. (This is partly why I ordered those driving pills from you @Bumblebabe. This time I really did fall asleep. Previously on one of my trips to the mall (about an hour away) I couldn't stay awake, so I pulled over to the side of the road, locked the doors and had a nap. Better to be hijacked than cause an accident and possibly kill/injure someone else. And once, also on the way to the mall, I was soooo sleepy. I had to stop at a 3-way stop, where there were 2 other cars. While waiting for them to go, I fell asleep. I was woken by the hooting of the car behind me.

And every time that this has happened, I had had a cheat THE DAY BEFORE. It always affects me the following day. Nope, no more. Three times lucky, fourth time ..... ?
THat is just awful :(

The drivers mix should help you.
It keeps you from dehydrating and stabilizes diabetic drop in sugar levels, which is what makes us so sleepy.
Make sure to have plenty of water as well.

It's the drop in blood sugar levels that does that too you.
As you heal your cells become more reactive, but your pancreas still blasts out too much insulin. Thats when your sugar levels drop drastically the next day. It would be best for you to avoid eating close to driving. Just to be safe.

Stay safe and look after yourself :h:

THat is just awful :(

The drivers mix should help you.
It keeps you from dehydrating and stabilizes diabetic drop in sugar levels, which is what makes us so sleepy.
Make sure to have plenty of water as well.

It's the drop in blood sugar levels that does that too you.
As you heal your cells become more reactive, but your pancreas still blasts out too much insulin. Thats when your sugar levels drop drastically the next day. It would be best for you to avoid eating close to driving. Just to be safe.

Stay safe and look after yourself :h:

Ohhhh thanks for the info and advice. I assumed my glucose was too HIGH, which was causing sleepiness.

Vape Mail from @Bumblebabe - just look at this!!

Two low carb/diabetic-friendly mini bread-loaves which Bumblebabe sent me as a gift! Aren't they cute?? Thank you soooo much @Bumblebabe!! That was very sweet of you!! And they were in perfect condition when they arrived! It took all my willpower not to eat them immediately lol

Mini Bread-loaves.jpg

Wow! I really enjoyed the bread!!! You're one smart lady!!

This Granola is delicious! I'm going to order more for sure!

Granola.jpg

So this morning I had a super wake 'n vape 'n eat, thanks to you and @BumbleBee!

The King's Breakfast.jpg

Paleo fruit juice jelly
  • 4 cups of fruit juice of your choice
  • 1 cup water
  • 4 Tbsp gelatin
  • Optional: chopped fruit of your choice
Dissolve gelatin in warm water. Add juice slowly and stir well together. Pour into bowl or mould of your choice.

Add fruit if you choose to use it.

Leave in fridge til set.

Yum!

DSC_0357.JPG

Last edited:
Vape Mail from @Bumblebabe - just look at this!!

Two low carb/diabetic-friendly mini bread-loaves which Bumblebabe sent me as a gift! Aren't they cute?? Thank you soooo much @Bumblebabe!! That was very sweet of you!! And they were in perfect condition when they arrived! It took all my willpower not to eat them immediately lol

View attachment 136334

Wow! I really enjoyed the bread!!! You're one smart lady!!

This Granola is delicious! I'm going to order more for sure!

View attachment 136332

So this morning I had a super wake 'n vape 'n eat, thanks to you and @BumbleBee!

View attachment 136337
I only see this now :)

You are very welcome @Hooked
I'm happy you enjoyed them. They are very popular here too.

And I totally agree, that granola is awesome
@BumbleBee will agree too :D

Paleo fruit juice jelly
  • 4 cups of fruit juice of your choice
  • 1 cup water
  • 4 Tbsp gelatin
  • Optional: chopped fruit of your choice
Dissolve gelatin in warm water. Add juice slowly and stir well together. Pour into bowl or mould of your choice.

Add fruit if you choose to use it.

Leave in fridge til set.

Yum!

View attachment 137358
Great that you make your own
Just remember, fruit is just sugar.

Use berries :D

Great that you make your own
Just remember, fruit is just sugar.

Use berries :D

And water... Lol

Yeah I agree, which is why sometimes juices need to be diluted. I find the mango tends to be very sweet and I add 50% water...

I found the recipe online - doing it for the kids that are coming for 5 days from Thursday as my brother and his wife don't like their kids eating bad stuff like sweets and chips. They do get but in moderation and it's our way of bribing them to finish dinner first before pudding.

I only see this now :)

You are very welcome @Hooked
I'm happy you enjoyed them. They are very popular here too.

And I totally agree, that granola is awesome
@BumbleBee will agree too :D

@Bumblebabe is there a gluten free version of granola?

Oops the one Hooked has is gluten free.

I meant oats aren't gluten free, right?

Last edited:
@Bumblebabe is there a gluten free version of granola?

Oops the one Hooked has is gluten free.

I meant oats aren't gluten free, right?
Oats is a complicated one. Some oats has gluten too.
This granola does not have any oats in it.
For us the oats is too high in carbs as well.

True, I thought so.

I see dischem and clicks have gluten free granola but R89.99 per 500g. Yikes!

@RainstormZA @Bumblebabe That Granola from Bumblebabe's shop is REALLY delicious! I've tried it with yoghurt (unfortunately not the unflavoured one, but Parmalat has the lowest carb and sugar content compared to other brands) and I often just eat it (the Granola) as a snack. It's an outright WINNER!

I got polenta from the shop on Wednesday. Managed to cook some for breakfast.

Oh man!

Brought back memories of my gran. She used to make it for me. We used to dab some honey in with butter and milk.

Just something interesting that happened. We went on holiday with good intentions of not cheating but that kind of failed. I predicted it for myself and kind of put a goal of as long as I gain 5kg that would be acceptable. Basically binge ate for a weak high sugar everything carbs the works got home expected the worst. To my surprise I only ganed 2kg really motivated to be back on the low carb diet.

Tried to make some sweet chilli sauce tonight. Seems like it became chilli jam delecius ether way.
Took some bird's eye chillies removed the pits etc some Apple cider vinegar and garlic with xylitol for sweetness boiled it a bit too long but next time it will be a sauce but damn these chilies are hot.IMG_20180707_210748.jpg

Tried to make some sweet chilli sauce tonight. Seems like it became chilli jam delecius ether way.
Took some bird's eye chillies removed the pits etc some Apple cider vinegar and garlic with xylitol for sweetness boiled it a bit too long but next time it will be a sauce but damn these chilies are hot.View attachment 138022
I can also attest to the fact that they burn twice, freeze a roll time.:D Looks great though, must do some for Locust 1, he is killing me with Nandos sauce, 2 bottles of mild, 4 of medium, and 2 bottles of sliced Jalapeños, per month. Have a sneaky suspicion the mild might be for the love of his life, he doesn’t touch it at home.;) Pizza looks interesting, will investigate some more.

True, I thought so.

I see dischem and clicks have gluten free granola but R89.99 per 500g. Yikes!
The good stuff is costly. The one I have is R130, it’s delicious and it’s actually 100% low carb Banting. Packed with nuts and pumpkin seeds. Those on their own are very expensive.
When it comes to our health and wellbeing, why are we so set on price.
Do you realize what medical aids and meds cost(which we don’t even question on price).

Quality in, every time. :angel:

@Bumblebabe I make my own jelly using Low-Cal "lecol" and I just add gelatin.
Question: Are berries low in sugar then? As a diabetic can I eat them?
Berries are very low in sugar and high in antioxidants. Where you can, go for blackberries or blueberries, they are very good for you in so many ways. :h:

I added some of that Granola to my veggie stir-fry the other night, just for fun! I don't think it went well with the veggies though. @Bumblebabe why is the Granola so sweet? I love it, but I'm just a little concerned ...

Stir-fry with Granola.jpg

Tonighs dinner: Cheese crusted omlet stuffed with avocado mixed with cream cheese and some sweet chilli sauce.
The cheese goes on the outside making a hard crust and it is delecius who knew that cheese was supposed to go on the outside...IMG_20180708_191801.jpg
Omlets forms a staple of my dieet they are quick to make and delicious.

Back