Snake Talk

Hard to tell by color alone. The head would have been more telling

@SmokeyJoe if I remember I will post some pics of a very unusual Kenyan baby I managed to produce from very ordinary parents. Watch this space this weekend.

Does look a little like a slug eater, but I could be wrong. Haven't seen many of them. If it was a Rinkhals I could be dead sure, lol

@SmokeyJoe I haven't forgotten about the pic I promised. Just got home from work. This ain't funny anymore. 3rd weekend in a row I'm stuck at work without any overtime even. Will start feeding the ball pythons tonight and should get to the Kenyan's tomorrow if nothing goes wrong again.

Will try and hunt down some pics of myself when I did my handling course with Mike Perry as well. Holding a black mamba has been one of my top 5 moments in life thus far.

@SmokeyJoe I haven't forgotten about the pic I promised. Just got home from work. This ain't funny anymore. 3rd weekend in a row I'm stuck at work without any overtime even. Will start feeding the ball pythons tonight and should get to the Kenyan's tomorrow if nothing goes wrong again.

Will try and hunt down some pics of myself when I did my handling course with Mike Perry as well. Holding a black mamba has been one of my top 5 moments in life thus far.

Then you have bigger balls than me, handling one of the most poisonous and agro snakes in the world. The Kenyan that you are talking about. Is it the Kenyan Sand Boa?

Yup, Kenyan Sand Boa. Will snap some pics tomorrow just before feeding time. Tonight it's the ball pythons' turn for some loving

Taken way back in 2009 when I still had most of my hair and much less of my belly :facepalm::rolleyes:

Snouted Cobra

Image 06.JPG

Rinkhals playing dead

Image 07.JPG

Puff Adder

Image 08.JPG

Mozambique Spitting Cobra

Image 09.JPG

and last but not least, the Black Mamba

Image 010.JPG

Image 011.JPG

I would have loved to share some of my Rinkhals photos with you guys, but some of them are under review to be used in an upcoming snake book maybe, and as such will no longer be my property if they are selected. Don't want to bugger up my chances my sharing them everywhere.

I do wish I could get my hands on one for a shoot though. They have been scarce this year.

@SmokeyJoe next time I'll photograph the parents and their previous offspring. I forgot to snap them before I fed them today and don't want to disturb them now. What I can say is that they are fairly dark and "normal" looking for local anerythristics, but this little one was the runt of his litter, but I had to keep him for all the white coloring and best of all, it doesn't seem to get "dirty" like some of his siblings. Very proud of this one.

Pity I don't breed anymore. No real interest in this species in my area and I ended up giving away babies for free just to get them homes. Was costing me an arm and a leg to keep feeding the babies.

IMG_20210321_151619_resized_20210321_031639067.jpg

Baby mole snake I just rehomed from admin building to the open field at the back of our plant.

IMG_20210329_124601.jpg

Last edited:
Aggro little buggers! Love them, they are beautiful in their juvenile colours.

This one was very calm. Then again, I pulled a few ants off him, so maybe he was just being grateful, lol. I've caught a big one or two here as well. Totally different story though

@SmokeyJoe next time I'll photograph the parents and their previous offspring. I forgot to snap them before I fed them today and don't want to disturb them now. What I can say is that they are fairly dark and "normal" looking for local anerythristics, but this little one was the runt of his litter, but I had to keep him for all the white coloring and best of all, it doesn't seem to get "dirty" like some of his siblings. Very proud of this one.

Pity I don't breed anymore. No real interest in this species in my area and I ended up giving away babies for free just to get them homes. Was costing me an arm and a leg to keep feeding the babies.

View attachment 225632

I have one as well in my collection. Has to he the weirdest and goofiest snake i have, especially with those eyes

IMG_20210329_135037.jpg IMG_20210329_134713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_134713.jpg
    IMG_20210329_134713.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 2
Removed a nice 1m long Rinkhals from work today. Unfortunately his attitude wasn't really cellphone photography friendly an I was alone when I released it, so didn't want to take too many chances in a remote location with Nou backup driver. Was surprised to get one this late in the year. Usually it doesn't happen. Still a cool snake on one of the ones I like working with. Just the damn venom that has permanently ruined two safety specs already like it burns into the plastic when not washed off in time.

Will get some pics before I release one next time. Just get shit at work when I "play" with them too much

Just my Rhino Rat snake chowing down a rat fuzzie. Beautiful snake

IMG_20201206_074329.jpg

Back